Maximum Security difficulty

Exovector

8 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

The game isn't that hard on Maximum Security anyway, it's definitely not a 6/10

Im stuck on a room that has 3 infected, two spit acid. When I try to bait one, another one is apparently spawning behind me. That makes 4. They all end up being baited (somehow) despite me being on a higher platform and a good 15 feet from them. All the while doing this with this terrible melee combat.

Idk, I just did evil west on evil difficulty, Ragnarok on hard, and those weren’t as difficult as this. But there’s hard, then there’s bullshit. I think this game is bullshit lol but that’s my two cents.

5 minutes ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

Im stuck on a room that has 3 infected, two spit acid. When I try to bait one, another one is apparently spawning behind me. That makes 4. They all end up being baited (somehow) despite me being on a higher platform and a good 15 feet from them. All the while doing this with this terrible melee combat.

Idk, I just did evil west on evil difficulty, Ragnarok on hard, and those weren’t as difficult as this. But there’s hard, then there’s bullshit. I think this game is bullshit lol but that’s my two cents.

What Chapter are you on mate? I just started 4

8 hours ago, bhvinhadels said:

I reviewd the game in Brazil (https://psxbrasil.com.br/analise/the-callisto-protocol-review/) and dont know if the last patch fix this, but you can make a manual save in the last section after final boss for a glitch. After finish (easy ou normal), reload the save, change the difficult to Maximum Security when its loaded and finish again. The Trophy for hard will popup in the credits.

Can anyone else confirm this? I was gonna wait for a sale but if this is something live now I wanna jump on it before it's patched.

1 hour ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Can anyone else confirm this? I was gonna wait for a sale but if this is something live now I wanna jump on it before it's patched.

Im doing it rn, I noticed you can change the difficulty and the game doesnt even load a save, it just changes instantly. Will finish tmrw because of work so i can confirm if no one does if before.

3 hours ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

I cannot express my utter disappointment with this game. The main gripe being the combat and how linear the game is. Holy shit the combat is TERRIBLE. It doesn’t help that I just came from GoW and evil west. This feels so clunky and is 2008. Also is the camera too close or is it just me? I feel like it needs to be backed up 3-4 feet. 

Same, came from my RN1 on Elden Ring, Ragnarok on Give me God of War and did everything but here it's so... boring. The only fun i'm having is ''exploring'' so far, love the art design but holy shit the rest is so... not good not bad just nothing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GameOverGreggy said:

Greg Miller from Kinda Funny. I can confirmed that this works!

Can you say what exactly did you do? I tried it and it didn't work. I saved right after the boss died and when i was able to walk. Then finished the game, i reloaded my manual save, changed to Maximum Difficulty and finished the game but the trophy didn't popped.

I think you can also change to Maximum after defeating the boss, before walking or just as it dies. Since it doenst load anything you wont lose anything. But yeah, I started on Maximum too but was not having fun at all so i'm trying the bug. If not I'm just gonna play Midnight Suns that i'm hyped AF for that and wait for NG+ and some patches.

29 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Can you say what exactly did you do? I tried it and it didn't work. I saved right after the boss died and when i was able to walk. Then finished the game, i reloaded my manual save, changed to Maximum Difficulty and finished the game but the trophy didn't popped.

Update to my own post, it worked now. This time i changed the difficulty during the final cutscene after you ran to the pods.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Did you start the game with the latest patch installed/on maximum security difficulty?

I started the game on Maximum Difficulty, Patch 1.004.000, and I'm still on 1.004.000 but it works on 1.005.000 too as confirmed by greg miller. I only lowered the difficulty on the final boss though as i had troubles cause i suck haha :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

I started the game on Maximum Difficulty, Patch 1.004.000, and I'm still on 1.004.000 but it works on 1.005.000 too as confirmed by greg miller. I only lowered the difficulty on the final boss though as i had troubles cause i suck haha :D

That's good to hear ill just start on maximum security to be safe and play on that for a while before dropping it to normal. Hopefully 1.005 works as confirmed by Greg. 

I got it to work on 1.05, did not start the game on Max Security.

Got to the end of the game when running to the pods, made a few manual saves, then changed to Maximum Security during the final cutscene. No trophy... so I reset the PS5, loaded back in, then selected Continue and it put me back on this previous save where I tried the glitch (Already on Maximum Security). I ran to pods again and then trophy unlocked after cutscene.

Edited by HarryNinetyFour
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, HarryNinetyFour said:

I got it to work on 1.05, did not start the game on Max Security.

Got to the end of the game when running to the pods, made a few manual saves, then changed to Maximum Security during the final cutscene. No trophy... so I reset the PS5, loaded back in, then selected Continue and it put me back on this previous save where I tried the glitch (Already on Maximum Security). I ran to pods again and then trophy unlocked after cutscene.

Thank god ?. I'm already in chapter 4 having started on easy and was hoping I wouldn't have to restart on max or finish and do another run with this method.

For anyone about to beat the game on maximum difficulty. Don't worry, once you get the hang of the dodge and block mechanics and get a few upgrades under your belt the game isn't all that hard. I'd give it about a 5/10. I died aprox 50ish times over the course of the game and it took me 11 hours to beat. Well worth it if you ask me.

• Like 1