Maximum Security difficulty

Exovector

Always look forward to challenges in games in general. But what matters most is the games quality or fun factor. Personally I don’t care if it becomes ultra rare or not but this is one of my highly anticipated games of the year. I played Dead Space 1 recently and I got to say it holds up well. Maybe this is the spiritual successor but we will see!

• Like 4

I hope it will be hard and challenging. Thank god, finally a good game with a challenging trophy to collect, and not what they did with TLOU PART I and II or both parts of God of War that you get platinum by playing on story difficulty. DS1, DS2 are the perfect example of what a challenge it should be to get a platinum trophy.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, NorrinnnR said:

I hope it will be hard and challenging. Thank god, finally a good game with a challenging trophy to collect, and not what they did with TLOU PART I and II or both parts of God of War that you get platinum by playing on story difficulty. DS1, DS2 are the perfect example of what a challenge it should be to get a platinum trophy.

Totaly agree with you? theire making r rated games for kids nowadays! Especially trophy wise? gosh i miss the ps3 days when it comes to trophies! Even resident evil darkside chronicles didnt have a plat, only 100%! And its 80h! And a 7/10. That was the good old ps3 days. Now you get 2sec plats that you can stack 5 times! I dont care about LB anymore because of this.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Yep, it was my post.

Steam page, yes, you are correct.

Thanks, I didn’t want to take credit for the discovery.

9 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Devs said that you won't be able to upgrade everything in one run, so Ng+ definitely in the game. In Dead Space you were able to go in NG+ to the highest difficult if I remember right. Probably same will be here. 

In Dead Space 1 you could only NG+ an equivalent difficulty level to your initial playthrough but in the sequel you could NG+ a higher difficulty, providing it wasn’t hard core mode.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

I bet the 'All Death Animations' trophy which they spoke of in interviews is actually tied to another trophy, it's just hard to tell atm.

If they said there would be such, then it has to be in there in a way right...?!

Thing I dislike about these challenges, trophies or whatever connected to 'All Death Animations' is usually it can be tricky working out exact triggers for some of them and I bet there is  going to be a lot of misinformation about the triggers near release....

I was hoping we won't have to spend time trying to figure the finer details out around each Animation and could focus on routing everything else. I guess perhaps they could all be very simple, just dont wanna spend hours working out the deaths ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I bet the 'All Death Animations' trophy which they spoke of in interviews is actually tied to another trophy, it's just hard to tell atm.

If they said there would be such, then it has to be in there in a way right...?!

Thing I dislike about these challenges, trophies or whatever connected to 'All Death Animations' is usually it can be tricky working out exact triggers for some of them and I bet there is  going to be a lot of misinformation about the triggers near release....

I was hoping we won't have to spend time trying to figure the finer details out around each Animation and could focus on routing everything else. I guess perhaps they could all be very simple, just dont wanna spend hours working out the deaths ;)

After reading through the trophy descriptions again, it doesn’t seem like getting all death animations is a requirement anymore. Unless it’s a requirement for a certain piece of equipment or something of the sort? Perhaps they really did just get rid of the need to do it.

I will say though, death animation trophy or not, it would be cool to see just how many unique animations there are. Super excited to see just how detailed this game truly is. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

After reading through the trophy descriptions again, it doesn’t seem like getting all death animations is a requirement anymore. Unless it’s a requirement for a certain piece of equipment or something of the sort? Perhaps they really did just get rid of the need to do it.

I will say though, death animation trophy or not, it would be cool to see just how many unique animations there are. Super excited to see just how detailed this game truly is. 

Yea im thinking its just a hidden requirement for another trophy. Not sure what to think because they said there would be a trophy for it.

As an example, it may be connected to the 'Grim Reaper' trophy. Maybe each animation gives you a new implant bio.......

Death Animations are cool, its just a trophy tied to them is not ;)..... fingers crossed its not in there.

For starters each enemy will give a unique animation I bet. Then you have environmental deaths, you know to fire, explosion, space etc. Then each enemy may have 3 or so different animations due to how many limbs they have remaining, or whether from behind etc. And if hardest difficulty has limited saves, all death could impact a platinum if we decided to start on hardest difficulty....

If its in there somehow, got a feeling its gonna be one of those trophies that will either be very simple or very troublesome

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

If its in there somehow, got a feeling its gonna be one of those trophies that will either be very simple or very troublesome

If they did somehow tie it to a trophy, I await your eventual guide for it. ? You may have a lot of people looking to your future videos for Maximum Security difficulty too if it turns out to be a challenge lol. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheStark700 said:

Wait, this has story DLC? was that mentioned anywhere before?

They are selling a Season Pass (only digitally I think) so considering it's a solo game with 1 character, you can expect story DLCs (not like multiplayer or PvE games) and the devs arlready said they have a 4 years post-launch content planned ..... I am afraid this is gonna be the AC Valhalla of Survival Horror with new content every 3 months after you forgot what you just did previously... It would have been a Day 1 for me without the SP but I guess I will have to wait several months/years to see what's in the SP and to wait for a price drop.

44 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

If they did somehow tie it to a trophy, I await your eventual guide for it. 1f606.png You may have a lot of people looking to your future videos for Maximum Security difficulty too if it turns out to be a challenge lol. 

Thats why when it comes to complicated or difficult trophies, I dont want them, but in the same breath, I do want them ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

Maximum security though it may be challenging it should be doable given it doesn't include limited saves, as for the DLC the permadeath mode, should they ever include a trophy for it in the dlc list nothing about it must be played on maximum security and we don't know much about the permadeath mode to say wether it'll have limited saves or not unless I missed something, however should there be a trophy for completing the game in permadeath on Maximum yea that sounds like pain, not to mention aren't there sequences like that sewage area where if you're unlucky and get hit by that propellor its GGs. I just hope the game especially when it comes to mechanics is done to perfection, during the demo I remember frames dropping heavily when the enemy would spit acid on you and I hope thats no longer an issue during launch, I can imagine moments where the player does something but doesn't translate in game and it could cost you the run etc not fun.

never played the DS games but i'll be picking this up Day 1 I find games like this fascinating and hope it delivers on what it promises.

I think this max security mode would be just hard/ impossible mode. I just hope the enemies are like dead space 1 or 2. take the same amount of hits in all modes but some of the harder to kill ones show up abit earlier and so on as the worse thing to deal with is bullet sponges and if it has limited saves I would be fine with it as long as it is not like dead space 2's as I got tried of repeating some of the set pieces over and over again due to a single mistake in one of them worse being the eye machine or the upside down part after the train. it became annoying.

Also hope that it is not like mein leben from wolf 2 as that was just a shit mode. the basic handgun enemy can down your ass with 200 overdrive hp and 200 armour in just 4 to 5 shots while they take a full clip.

Edited by Lonemankane
  • Like 1