[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

On 10/7/2023 at 10:05 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

I'm technically cheesing a little, as I'm using this one for the Trophies for Cancer event as a "Pink" entry as well as a "Brown" for this event...

...but that only highlights the subtle differences in the two events!

In the TfC, the colour must simply be present on the card, whereas in this one, the dominant colour is what matters - and since this is predominantly brown, but with some pink flourishes, it fits the bill on both fronts!

I wasn't aware of this event, but have just checked it out, so thanks! I have a couple of games I'm playing at the moment that could fit into pink and orange slots. Whether I get many of them completed in October/November is another question, given that I have three other competitions on the go ha

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Flitterbloom said:

Orange - The Wild at Heart

I'm actually not sure about this one... It looked orange to me until a added it in the kaleidoscope (I had Blasphemous as "Tan" and is was worse). This was my first "Pikmin-like game", the Spritelings are really cute and I played this game mostly for it's graphisms but in the end I had a great time.

I agree that The Wild at Heart is a little tenuous as an Orange - but I'd probably still accept it...

...and even if I didn't, I actually think the Lego Harry Potter one you have for Brown could work as an orange, with The Wild at Heart working for Brown - so it's a wash anyways! 👍

• Like 1

First of all, I only just now found out about this and I think this idea of an event is absolutely awesome, I'd love to join it too (Even tho I'm like, 10 months late?), although I have a question considering it's so late into the year, would you mind if I used some games I platted through this year, or potentially even games I platted in general? (Sorry if it's a silly question/question that was answered already.)
Since I'm big on racing/driving games, I was thinking of getting as many colours with those, maybe making a fully racing rainbow in process!

3 minutes ago, BeefzoneListener said:

First of all, I only just now found out about this and I think this idea of an event is absolutely awesome, I'd love to join it too (Even tho I'm like, 10 months late?), although I have a question considering it's so late into the year, would you mind if I used some games I platted through this year, or potentially even games I platted in general? (Sorry if it's a silly question/question that was answered already.)
Since I'm big on racing/driving games, I was thinking of getting as many colours with those, maybe making a fully racing rainbow in process!

Any lists (games, or dlc lists) that were finished (the final trophy in them popped) in this calendar year will count - so if you stick to those ones, that’s all good 👍 

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

Just now, Finch_III said:

Yeah, maroon is pretty tricky. Mine was Plague Inc, but I wouldn't suggest that as a 'fun' game for others haha. 

If you're into deck-builders though, I enjoyed my time with Nowhere Prophet: 

L2d1b21.png

The one downside being that it was a 50-hour plat (without save-scumming, probably closer to 35 with save-scumming). Which, if you've got a lot of games and competitions on the go, might be a bit on the long side! 

I actually have Nowhere Prophet, and keep meaning to get to it - so I should probably stop fannying around and just do so! 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I actually have Nowhere Prophet, and keep meaning to get to it - so I should probably stop fannying around and just do so! 🤣

Yeah, I enjoyed it! For a rogue-lite deck-builder, the playthroughs are longer than average. It takes about 3-4 hours to do a full playthrough. And there are some random difficulty spikes.

But overall, it was good. I've also re-appraised it over time. It was one of the first deck-builders I'd played after Slay the Spire, which is a tough act to follow. But I've played tons of deck-builders since then, including some pretty crap ones haha. 

• Like 2