[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

On 12/12/2023 at 9:16 PM, Briste said:

Square doesn't get a lot right these days, but they got the game art perfect for this event. I was able to use all six games from the Pixel Remaster release (and my favorte games ever)

This is making me wonder if there is a series/franchise (non-shovelware) with enough games to fill out a whole card. Final Fantasy is probably a good contender, but that's a lot of grinding for one year if you start from scratch.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BrickwallBill said:

This is making me wonder if there is a series/franchise (non-shovelware) with enough games to fill out a whole card. Final Fantasy is probably a good contender, but that's a lot of grinding for one year if you start from scratch.

Final Fantasy would get close, yeah - though I remember having a laugh when I was originally conceiving the event, when I realised that a person could - if they played the PS4 version of Cities Skylines and all it's DLC in the same year, actually be able to fill out 90% of a card, just with that one game

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Final Fantasy would get close, yeah - though I remember having a laugh when I was originally conceiving the event, when I realised that a person could - if they played the PS4 version of Cities Skylines and all it's DLC in the same year, actually be able to fill out 90% of a card, just with that one game

Dead Cells with DLC threatens to fill half of a single card as well!

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7983-dead-cells

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pelagia14 said:

My only issue was the Brown tile! Type-0 has a bit of brown with Ace's hair - and some of the background is brownish - but that is drowned out by the prominent use of red, and I couldn't find any other game (main entry or not) that fit well. 

You could probably use Adventures of Mana in a pinch, it counts as an unofficial spin-off, at least according to the Project Platinum checklist.

L25922c.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Breakingthegreen said:

Remember everyone, play the grey games, and ignore the purple ones.

I was getting ready to call you out on this one, so I whipped out my own rainbows to fact check... every single banger of a counterexample was on deep purple. You speak the truth after all!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xylobe said:

I was getting ready to call you out on this one, so I whipped out my own rainbows to fact check... every single banger of a counterexample was on deep purple. You speak the truth after all!

Your Purple ones were so much better though, You had Flipping Death and Coffee Talk 2, A game I love and a game I eagerly await for Xmas. My Purples peaked with Rumbleverse at 45th out of 75.

Though mind you, Have to agree that Deep Purple have some hella good titles, I still listen to the Sayonara soundtrack. 

Edited by Breakingthegreen
  • Like 1