[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

13 hours ago, NerdRage04 said:

I am not a picture editor expert. What program should I use that is free to make a pretty chart? I am using paint, and boy howdy it is a mess.

I use Pixelmator myself - the free version for mac, but TBH, any program that has layers will do.

My method is to use the chart / tracker template as the background, and for each game, right-click on the "clean version" (the one you get if you click on the game image a few times on this site), select "download picture", then just drag each one onto the template file, and resize if necessary. 

Then just use "export" to export the file as a jpeg, to be posted.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Sounds like a lot of fun, I'm in! Idk in how many events I'll participate, but this one seems like a nice, relaxing one, especially with no strict rarity requirements (not that they bad, sometimes I kinda wanna relax with smth easier).

Edited by Varhur
  • Like 1

Alright, this sounds fun, I'm in, Although I'm going to be playing on PC and not PlayStation since I've kinda moved away since my PS Plus has ended but I might finish RDR2 on PS4. And I'll be counting games by completing the main story. But I'll try to go for the 100%. I have a few games in mind that I'm excited to play.

Spoiler

You Son of a Bitch, I'm In | Know Your Meme

• Like 1

Just now, Vivamp said:

Officially in the participants list 1f389.png

Question, to keep things nice and uniform looking, is it valid to use the ps4 trophy image for a ps5 platinum? (Don't think i'll ever be a fan of the switch to square icons)

oh, you mean just in terms of putting it in the template? ?

Sure, I don’t see why not - if it’s the same basic image for both.

There are a couple of games I can think of (Stray, I think is one?) where the PS5 and PS4 versions are totally different - and different colours - so in those cases, I’d say probably not, as that would be a bit confusing…

…but for the 95% of games where they are just the same image cropped differently, I don’t see why that would be a problem - after all, it’s not changing the rules, it’s just massaging the output to ease graphic-design-OCD a little! ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

oh, you mean just in terms of putting it in the template? 1f914.png

Sure, I don’t see why not - if it’s the same basic image for both.

There are a couple of games I can think of (Stray, I think is one?) where the PS5 and PS4 versions are totally different - and different colours - so in those cases, I’d say probably not, as that would be a bit confusing…

…but for the 95% of games where they are just the same image cropped differently, I don’t see why that would be a problem - after all, it’s not changing the rules, it’s just massaging the output to ease graphic-design-OCD a little! 1f61c.png

Yeah exactly that, cool understood, I suppose worst case when the images are completely different I could just give the ps5 tiles a little squishy like it does on the Trophy card

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

@DrBloodmoney

Are we able to use the official cover art photo in place of the "Game Image" used on PSNP?

I really want to include Hades in my list but the game image they chose to use here instead of the great cover art is so butt ugly. :blink:

Afraid not - I like to be as accommodating as possible, (and I know the art you mean - the much nicer orange one from the PS App!)  but I reckon that if we extend it out to include those, it all gets a bit lost, and so much harder to keep focussed on the core idea.

Really, I think it has to be the specific image that appears in your actual profile page - that way, everyone is working to same common pool, so to speak.

Sorry! ?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Afraid not - I like to be as accommodating as possible, (and I know the art you mean - the much nicer orange one from the PS App!)  but I reckon that if we extend it out to include those, it all gets a bit lost, and so much harder to keep focussed on the core idea.

Really, I think it has to be the specific image that appears in your actual profile page - that way, everyone is working to same common pool, so to speak.

Sorry! 1f633.png

Thats fair. Thanks for the response doc!

• Like 2

This is a really cool, fun idea! I'm definitely in!

Edit: As anyone who works a desk job this time of year will tell you, things are quite slow so I've already made some determinations.

jc7vT9o.png

Spoiler

White: 

Yellow

Tan: 12 Minutes

Orange: LA Noir (PS3)

Red: Feudal Alloy

Pink:

Maroon: Pyre

Purple

Deep Purple:

Blue: 

Light Blue: Spiritfarer

Green:

Light Green: 

Brown: Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Grey: Life is Strange 2

Black:

Edited by Yen-Pop
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sylvanticore said:

I am wondering, would you like us to wait till we have all the games we want done for the event to post when we have completed a game for the event? or just do it when we do a game and say the colour we did? *Also I haven't started yet, just wondering!*

There's no right way and wrong way really - my template is the Bingo Event, as that one has a similar sensibility, and it is fairly loose in terms of individuals "update schedules". Some folks like to update each time they finish a game (that's what I generally do!), others prefer to update every now and then, maybe once a month, or every couple of months, with how ever many they have done in the mean time - and that's cool too!

I'd rather folks didn't wait too long between updates, but that's not a rule or anything - it's just because seeing the games other folks are completing is a great way for other participants to get ideas for some colours they might be struggling to find a game for!

Also, no one needs to "pre-load" a game, or declare what game they are doing ahead of time, but obviously if anyone is having difficulty finding a game, and wants to give the whole group a shout, asking "hey, what's a good game of X colour, in Y genre?" or something, that's great...

...and of course, anyone with any colour issues, (colourblindness or any kind of protanopia /deuteranomaly or anything,) feel free to ask for a group weigh in on a colour check you're not sure about!

• Like 4