PowerWash Simulator coming to PS4/5. Jan 31

MidnightDragon

14 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

For some reason, this in the Asia store but the EU or NA stores yet :(.

For North America games without pre-orders/pre-loads tend to release in the 10AM-11AM EST window and not get midnight releases so probably roughly around 4-5 hours from now.  Not sure about Europe.

• Like 1

Just now, Hayabusa85 said:

For North America games without pre-orders/pre-loads tend to release in the 10AM-11AM EST window and not get midnight releases so probably roughly around 4-5 hours from now.  Not sure about Europe.

EU should be around 15:00 - 18:00 (3pm-6pm)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I played this briefly on Game Pass and found it tedious and boring instead of "relaxing" as I've seen mentioned so many times. Trying to find those last little bits of dirt you missed to 100% levels is quite the chore. 

I wondered about this. I'm looking for a fun, relaxing game, but nothing that ends up being frustrating or stressful.

2 hours ago, mrmivo said:

I wondered about this. I'm looking for a fun, relaxing game, but nothing that ends up being frustrating or stressful.

It's really not that bad IMO, just spam :right: to highlight the hidden dirt and make sure you crouch a lot so you can see into the nooks and crannies :). I've only done a couple of missions so far but provided you pay attention to what you're doing and are methodical, it won't take that long to finish each mission. I'm going to start work on a Guide for this in the morning so stay tuned :).

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It's really not that bad IMO, just spam :right: to highlight the hidden dirt and make sure you crouch a lot so you can see into the nooks and crannies :). I've only done a couple of missions so far but provided you pay attention to what you're doing and are methodical, it won't take that long to finish each mission. I'm going to start work on a Guide for this in the morning so stay tuned :).

How much of the game can be done in co-op?

For those playing, what type of sim is this? I plan to buy it either way but have some other things to finish up first. Is it just a menu w/ mission selecting? Or is it more in depth where you have your own shop/business and take jobs? Curious where it falls. It looks more on the arcade side w/ missing selecting. ?

7 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

For those playing, what type of sim is this? I plan to buy it either way but have some other things to finish up first. Is it just a menu w/ mission selecting? Or is it more in depth where you have your own shop/business and take jobs? Curious where it falls. It looks more on the arcade side w/ missing selecting. 1f914.png

Menu with missions. There is a story going on the background if you read the text messages you get and the locations you go to, but no shop I'm afraid.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Would like to know this as well. Can you go from start to end in online coop?

I’ll probably get it for $10 or less down the road if so. It’s way overpriced right now honestly. 

All modes have co-op support except for the Challenge Mode but story mode only allows you to play with 1 other person, whereas the other 2 allow 6 players in total. Also note that there is no matchmaking for this game, you can only invite people who are on your friends list but to enable matchmaking, you have to flip the co-op toggle after a mission starts.

8 hours ago, Sylvanticore said:

Menu with missions. There is a story going on the background if you read the text messages you get and the locations you go to, but no shop I'm afraid.

This^

House Flipper, this ain't. If you're looking for a massively in-depth simulator with stats and money management, look elsewhere because you won't find those here. The only shop is there for you to buy new Pressure Washers, accessories and cleaning products but that's it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Its out £19.99 but you get both ps4 and ps5 version for that. 

Im still playing through it on game pass, ill wait for the ps version to have a sale plus im still badgering the dev about a physical release. 

When this was announced, on xbox at least they said there was a hard copy coming. As yet they have not delivered on their word. 

I prefer to actually own my games. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

All modes have co-op support except for the Challenge Mode but story mode only allows you to play with 1 other person, whereas the other 2 allow 6 players in total. Also note that there is no matchmaking for this game, you can only invite people who are on your friends list but to enable matchmaking, you have to flip the co-op toggle after a mission starts.

thank you! ?

Not played yet, but the audio ping and blue flash when you finish cleaning an object or panel etc seems pretty annoying.  Any way of switching that off?... I've seen UI sound settings on a few videos but not sure what this affects.

Also gutted that they've not utilised the DualSense adaptive triggers.  That would have been perfect for this game!

Edited by Topov81

10 hours ago, Topov81 said:

Not played yet, but the audio ping and blue flash when you finish cleaning an object or panel etc seems pretty annoying.  Any way of switching that off?... I've seen UI sound settings on a few videos but not sure what this affects.

Also gutted that they've not utilised the DualSense adaptive triggers.  That would have been perfect for this game!

There are no specific options to change that feature AFAIK so you have to fiddle around with the general settings until you find one that lowers the volume. Personally, I like this feature because it lets you know instantly when something is 100% clean :).

• Like 2

The little ding from cleaning a section has become one of the few remaining joys in my life. A split second release of the happy brain chemical for cleaning a wall.

I tend to find that I'm losing track of time whilst playing this. It's just so easy to get engrossed on fully cleaning a big location only to look at the time and see 2 hours have passed.

• Like 3

On 1/30/2023 at 10:06 PM, Killbomb said:

I played this briefly on Game Pass and found it tedious and boring instead of "relaxing" as I've seen mentioned so many times. Trying to find those last little bits of dirt you missed to 100% levels is quite the chore. 

Yeah, this is on odd one. After playing for a few hours I find this to be more tedious than relaxing for sure, but then I'm a glass half empty kinda person so maybe this type of game isn't for me.

But I do feel oddly compelled to play it... and then when I am playing it I don't enjoy my time and it truly feels like doing work lol. And then when I'm done playing I don't feel fulfilled in any way, I feel like my time was misspent and should have been playing a different game, and yet I still go back to it...

• Like 1