Trophy thoughts

eXb1azed23

I’ve already platinum’d the PS5 version (among the first 50 whoooo!) and yep, the rewind feature helps a LOT getting any trophy that requires to stay alive. That infamous Late Boomer? Can be cheesed with it!

However this PSP version is definitely the worst I ever had to experience Super Stardust. Being obliged to shoot with the buttons (instead of the right stick) was tiring for my thumb. Plus, it felt zoomed in, anticipating less the incoming debris and enemies. I’m not going to preserve this title installed on my console for sure. I’d rather go back playing the PS3 version.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

7 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

This actually saddens me greatly. Part of the charm of the SS series is it's difficulty. Although I think I've only ever done the easiest one of the bunch (Vita), it was still very satisfying for me to 100%. I can't wait to do the ps3 and ps4 versions. Some gamers get enjoyment from completing a challenge. 

Actually me too: I was hoping for few URs ;).

1 hour ago, hore said:

If someone could write one of those pseudo-trophy guide comments so I can quickly knock out these plats, that'd be great

Damn, I am actually surprised that you do not have any previous part in your awesome collection. C'mon, for you it will be 0/10 ;).

2 hours ago, veinte-justo said:

Is the 1/10 for people who are already familiar with the game/series or does it include new players?

1/10 for people who knows the series, 2/10 for players with at least a bit of skill, 3/10 for noobs ;).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

A bit offtopic in this specific forum, but this addition gives me hope for Toy Story 2, Echochrome, Echoshift, Locoroco Midnight Carnival and Ridge Racer 2 to get trophy lists with platinums in the future. It's a good thing emulated titles can be patched to add trophies.

I think there's a decent chance that other Sony games will get trophies, but I don't think third-party games will. Fingers crossed, though.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez
  • Like 3

To be honest, this is a game I learned to like. I mostly saw it the same way I did with other Housemarque games: I bought a kickass OST and it came with a free game. That's what it was like with Nex Machina. The samples were great, so I bought the album and, to my surprise, it had a whole game built around it. That's enough for me, really.

2 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Plus, it felt zoomed in, anticipating less the incoming debris and enemies.

Well, yeah. It's a PSP game that's been blown up by a thousand inches for your HD TV. :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, servus99 said:

Is it the same game as the ps3 version or has the asteroid count been reduced and the difficulty in general lowered? (Because the game itself is harder right, I mean shooting with the buttons is really weird compared to right stick shooting on console...)

Unfortunately I don't know since I didn't play the ps3 version, but in general yeah shooting with the buttons is a little bit weird at the start but I didn't find it an huge problem, plus that rewind features makes things really easier, finally I did every trophy in arcade mode on easy except one, the one where you have to take 5 shield power ups while you already have one, don't know if they spawn less frequently in easy but I had to play normal for that, but again if you take the shield and get hit just use rewind. 

If you want to try it i would say go ahead, nothing should be hard and for me it was also fun in the end despite the buttons system! 

Edit: for every trophy in arcade on easy i mean the one that you can actually do in arcade mode, some of them require you to play other modes 

Edited by xenomorfi2

3 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Well, yeah. It's a PSP game that's been blown up by a thousand inches for your HD TV. :D

If you do a straight comparaison to any other versions of Super Stardust, the camera is zoomed in, you can barely see anything around you, which is frustrating.

3 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

If you do a straight comparaison to any other versions of Super Stardust, the camera is zoomed in, you can barely see anything around you, which is frustrating.

I noticed that too, you can’t see the edges of the planet. It’s also not a full planet like the other games as it repeats/mirrors. It’s most noticeable with bosses where it feels like there’s more than the one or two that are actually there if you “scroll” around the planet. 

All in all it’s still fun though and a great blast from the past but definitely the weakest version available on PlayStation. Just thankful for the rewind feature really because it’s limitations would’ve made the trophies a very difficult and tedious experience. 

• Like 1

Hey guys, this is an awesome surprise indeed! I'm just curious, seeing as I bought Super Stardust Portable on PS 3 for PSP; why can't I download the PS 4/PS 5 version free of charge? It worked with other titles so I'm confused as to why it doesn't work here?

Edit: I just saw people talking about this in the thread and seeing as I'm in Sweden/Europe that's why it doesn't work at the moment. Is there any good and easy way to inform Sony about this so people who've already purchased it will be able to download it for free?

Edited by Cosmokeeper

12 minutes ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Hey guys, this is an awesome surprise indeed! I'm just curious, seeing as I bought Super Stardust Portable on PS 3 for PSP; why can't I download the PS 4/PS 5 version free of charge? It worked with other titles so I'm confused as to why it doesn't work here?

First of all are you sure you bought Super Stardust Portable and not Super Stardust HD on your PS3? If you are sure you bought portable then mention this issue in this thread: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/138018-playstation-classics-issues/

When I couldn't claim Hot Shots Golf 2 I mentioned it there and it got fixed.

On 1/24/2023 at 4:20 PM, Kittens Are Awesome said:

This actually saddens me greatly. Part of the charm of the SS series is it's difficulty. Although I think I've only ever done the easiest one of the bunch (Vita), it was still very satisfying for me to 100%. I can't wait to do the ps3 and ps4 versions. Some gamers get enjoyment from completing a challenge. 

Yeah, the super-easy trophies are actually discouraging me from what would otherwise be a no-brainer purchase.

1 hour ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Thanks for your response and yes it's a good question. I started up my PS 3 and it was indeed Super Stardust Portable in the download list. Thank you I will mention it there as well 1f64f.png

Hello you.

Edited by COKTOE
formatting
  • Like 1

On 24/01/2023 at 10:20 PM, Kittens Are Awesome said:

True, rewind & saves pretty much makes all classic games easy.