Trophy/Achievement Thoughts (Trackmania 2023)

The_ThrillBlazer

49 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Not sure about harder 

They regularly add new tracks, so presumably with enough time there'll be 200 relatively easy tracks to get author medals on 

I think the 90 track of the day author medals is going to be significantly harder. Those tracks are almost always created by very high level players and even pros often struggle to get author medals.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this version of the game being as challenging as Turbo was. I think that added a lot of charm to that other game. =D

I am not sure how the author medals will work here, but I am open to trying them out.

I am curious how the game's monetization will work out since it's a free game. I imagine there's going to be some stuff that we may need to buy with real money in there to get more chances, maybe? I don't know, really.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/31/2023 at 5:46 PM, thelapsukainen said:

I think the 90 track of the day author medals is going to be significantly harder. Those tracks are almost always created by very high level players and even pros often struggle to get author medals.

There are over 1000 TOTDs at this point and a lot of them have easy author medals. You can use https://www.author-tracker.com/ to sort every track from most obtained to least obtained author medals to make the trophy way easier

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DyrekRacc said:

According to the post that Maxie_M0us3 made, The Standard subscription is required for the platinum.

It is required, as Track of the Day, Cup of the Day and Royale modes, which trophies are linked to, are exclusive to Standard and Club access. I know it first-hand since I started progressing on PC months ahead of the console launch.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

As if TrackMania Turbo wasn’t already excruciatingly hard… 

Honestly, I'm playing Turbo now and it's harder than everything I've played so far on TM 2020 on PC. Maybe it's because I've never really liked KBM controls or if Turbo is a bit more twitchy. I'm assuming the twitching is more to do with the track surface physics more than anything. 

As with anything though, practise will cause perfection and that's what these games are all about. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lemaestre said:

Right now the platinum is pretty demanding but in a couple years will be very easy, when you can choose only the easy Tracks to get your medals. 
A little difficult to design trophies that are balanced over time in this System. 

You can already pick out the easy routes and play the old campaigns. But 200 will be hard at first, that's true

Guys most definately a stupid question, but how can you play the splitscreen session in this game.

I chose Spitscreen, set everything up, turned on the second controller but all it says "need to connect 1 more controller to continue"

I dont see an option to get the second controller into the game...

Dioes anyone know the solution for this?

1 hour ago, tirol_terminator said:

Guys most definately a stupid question, but how can you play the splitscreen session in this game.

I chose Spitscreen, set everything up, turned on the second controller but all it says "need to connect 1 more controller to continue"

I dont see an option to get the second controller into the game...

Dioes anyone know the solution for this?

You simply connect a second controller, the choose the account to the controller 2. That’s it, you’re then free to play that splitscreen. It can be an existing PSN account, or a “quick play” burning local account.

1 minute ago, tirol_terminator said:

@MaxieM0us3 I figured out what the problem is.

Since I play the PS5 version and I only have 1 PS5 controller it wont work.

Can I somehow get that trophy on the PS4 version and auto pop it once I log in on the PS5 version?

I believe you can simulate a second controller using the PS remote app on the phone.

At least that's what I did to unlock a similar trophy for Hot Wheels Unleashed, since I only have one PS5 controller.

2 hours ago, FR_Gigastor said:

I believe you can simulate a second controller using the PS remote app on the phone.

At least that's what I did to unlock a similar trophy for Hot Wheels Unleashed, since I only have one PS5 controller.

Worked like a charm, thank you. Did not even think about that... :)

Anybody knows a track where to get the Flymania trophy? Will I come across this when playing the season campaigns or do I need to build one?

Same question for the I am speed trophy..

Edited by Baker

1 hour ago, Baker said:

Anybody knows a track where to get the Flymania trophy? Will I come across this when playing the season campaigns or do I need to build one?

Same question for the I am speed trophy..

I got the Flymania trophy in a Royal map that spawn with high altitude (Forgot the map name unfortunately). For the speed one, you have to build yourself in the Track Creator. Just line up a long row with red turbos. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JethrowRogueSZ2 said:

I got the Flymania trophy in a Royal map that spawn with high altitude (Forgot the map name unfortunately). For the speed one, you have to build yourself in the Track Creator. Just line up a long row with red turbos. 

Same for me, I got it on EONB Golf club