Contagion Mode

TrophyChief

On 3/13/2023 at 9:30 PM, bikeman223 said:

I just feel that skippable cutscenes will make a world of difference.  

For real, I'm not touching NG+, Hardcore mode or Contagion mode till they add that option. The vents are bad enough.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SzzMN said:

I honestly can’t believe people have the audacity to defend this absolute crap. I like many others bought the game and season pass in hopes we would get a STORY expansion and horde mode. Not to be drip fed this shit.

The contagion mode is not a story expansion or expansion of any sort it’s lazy shit. Quite literally no one asked for this or hardcore people have a right to be upset at this. 
Also when the game initially came out I’m like 99.9% sure contagion wasn’t mentioned in the season pass but the story expansion was because if I saw it was I know for a fact I wouldn’t have paid to have the amazing privilege of replaying the game again with artificial difficulty factors. 
Don’t even give a crap about losing the 100% tbh they have no reason to release these extra modes which add nothing honestly at this point by the time we get the story expansion most people probably won’t even care. 

So, while I agree that this isn't what I was looking for as far as DLC trophies are concerned, the season pass description absolutely mentions Contagion Mode as well as story  DLC and Horde mode. 

If Hardcore and Contagion released with no trophies attached we would be mad they didn't add any because we paid for it. Most wouldn't even bother playing these modes, myself included.

I'm waiting for the ability to skip cutscenes to be added before I play through again, but I'm not mad I have to play through again, y'know?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ghostlybonesss said:

I don’t understand why people post on this thread (or any other) just to spread animosity towards individuals who enjoy going for 100% on their lists. Spend your efforts elsewhere rather than being condescending towards people just living their trophy life how they choose to. 

"Enjoy"

I don't see anybody in here enjoying themselves too much. The ones that do aren't very vocal about it.

I think the nature of the responses you seem to dislike lies more in the fact that the collective society in general tends to dislike it when people complain about situations they voluntarily subject themselves to.

1. Some people dislike it when players voluntarily "force" themselves to obtain 100% and then complain about having to get 100%.
  2. Some people dislike it when players voluntarily subject themselves to certain forum threads and then complain about it.

The common denominator here is that people don't like to hear other people bitch and moan, no matter what the subject is. I don't think that it has anything to do with Callisto Protocol specifically. It's more an accumulation of the plethora of threads on this site complaining about trophy requirements when, in fact, they're all voluntary undertakings based on arbitrary requirements created to satisfy OCD tendencies.

• Like 3

I started posting the new mode, and sure enought there are no checkpoints, you die or stop playing before reaching the next chapter. You start over the chapter. This will make the lift part extra annoying. Something I've noticed tho, done the first two chapters I skip a lot of encounters. The enemies don't seem as spongy as in hardcore. I'm killing them in maybe half the hits I was doing in hardcore. 

Pheeew... Okay...

I had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever with Hardcore Mode or Maximum Security (did both legit) - but Contaigon is driving me CRAZY!

I've died or rather restarted SO MANY TIMES, more than in all my previous runs since my first trophy combined. I had to restart due to THREE gamecrashes in different chapters, once I had a black screen when it should have opened the pause-menu (which I couldn't back out of, of course! Restart!), and I just got to the Two-Head in Chapter 6 aaaaand... I had that Weapon-Reload-Glitch, where I couldn't reload my shotgun. WHAT THE ACTUAL ****!

What I learned from THIS much trial and error you better learn from my mistakes as well:

Just speed through, and DON'T get any chests that are out of your way - you don't need the items. You will be swimming in cash and items either way.

Speed through most enemies. Chapter 6 is a bit tricky, because you will get swarmed, if you don't get to the next room/squeeze-space/whatever, so Chapter 6 you should rather take slow.

As weird as it sounds? Try to think about Contagion Mode as a speedrun. You will get the most out of it.

• Like 1

So much fun when you've spent 30 mins on a chapter and you get stuck in the floor after vaulting over an obstacle. And that's after dying on the stupid trap section at the end of C3 after an enemy glitched through the spinning blades. Shoulda blocked instead of dodging I guess.

...Oh well, at least the game doesn't crash too often. Just have to be extremely careful with the level geometry.

1 hour ago, amurnin100 said:

Nope, no upgrades , start from scratch.

Thanks dude, and in terms of difficulty (by that i mean enemy's hp) is it similar to maximum security or same hp as hardcore ?

Edited by Gebrilas
  • Like 1

Just now, Gebrilas said:

Thanks dude, and in terms of difficulty (by that i mean enemy's hp) is it similar to maximum security or hardcore ?

I’ve not started it yet , but as I’m doing hardcore , I’m told it’s easier , but if it’s harder than maximum security , I don’t know :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vojtahonda said:

Did anyone test the cloud save method?

I  just started contagion mode

im at the beggining of chapter 3

i upload my save file,if i die im gonna reload/download from cloud

23 minutes ago, Gebrilas said:

Thanks dude, and in terms of difficulty (by that i mean enemy's hp) is it similar to maximum security or same hp as hardcore ?

similar to maximum security,fortunately

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gebrilas said:

Enemies hit almost as hard as Hardcore, they have less health, probably similiar to Max Sec. Drops are quite good, better than HC and enemies drop lot of Pristine Energy Converters, mainly the ones who throw their mouthshit on you. 

I think the absolute worst part of this games release to me has been the massive disappointment of post launch content. Adding new modes isn't horrible but what about that scam season pass? I never get these editions because they usually don't work out but i trusted Glen Schofield because Dead Space 1 and 2 are some of my favorite games of all time. I cannot believe this is what they have been adding to this game when they could easily do some fleshed out story content or maybe even a cool coop mode. Put all your effort into amazing story dlc's and not wasting it on this half assed crap.

IDK why they think anyone would want to replay this 6/10 story experience more than once. Adding survivability modifiers in different ways is all but meaningless when u have GRP available. Upgrade 1 gun and push grp to the max, the game is just poorly designed. Dead Space is an amazing remake that holds up in 2023 with 2008 original design. Callisto doesn't hold up even by 2013 standards released in 2023. 

Also to the people who are playing this game 5+ times...u guys have a lot of time on your hands to waste to 100% this game and its primarily why i never do dlc's, they seldom live up to the original games content especially when they charge for it. These at least are free updates except contagion which looks like its paid? wtf? Sounds like absolute agony to play this nonsense 4+ more times when there are other games out. 

The story content when it releases end of this year is when I'd consider going back to this game.

Edited by Kal-El457
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kal-El457 said:

I think the absolute worst part of this games release to me has been the massive disappointment of post launch content. Adding new modes isn't horrible but what about that scam season pass? I never get these editions because they usually don't work out but i trusted Glen Schofield because Dead Space 1 and 2 are some of my favorite games of all time. I cannot believe this is what they have been adding to this game when they could easily do some fleshed out story content or maybe even a cool coop mode. Put all your effort into amazing story dlc's and not wasting it on this half assed crap.

IDK why they think anyone would want to replay this 6/10 story experience more than once. Adding survivability modifiers in different ways is all but meaningless when u have GRP available. Upgrade 1 gun and push grp to the max, the game is just poorly designed. Dead Space is an amazing remake that holds up in 2023 with 2008 original design. Callisto doesn't hold up even by 2013 standards released in 2023. 

Also to the people who are playing this game 5+ times...u guys have a lot of time on your hands to waste to 100% this game and its primarily why i never do dlc's, they seldom live up to the original games content especially when they charge for it. These at least are free updates except contagion which looks like its paid? wtf? Sounds like absolute agony to play this nonsense 4+ more times when there are other games out. 

The story content when it releases end of this year is when I'd consider going back to this game.

Guilty….. On 3rd run on hardcore getting all upgrades.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kal-El457 said:

I'd rather play this game five or six times with different modifiers than EVER have to deal with a fuckin' co-op mode. Fuck. That. 

At least I can do these all by myself, imagine having to find another person to do this shit with? No thanks.

• Like 4

This will probably be an unpopular opinion. I will say that contagion mode is over top, but I'd rather do tougher difficulties than say, have to collect 500 potentially glitchy collectibles any day.

Just my two cents 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kal-El457 said:

Please eloborate with what you mean season pass scam??? Nobody forces you to get the season pass, or play the game 4+ times. 

If i recall correctly, the season pass tells you what you get... How is that scam? If i may ask.... 

This game is awsome... A 9/10 from me.  I bought it 3 times, na, eu ps4 and ps5. I dont mind playing through this game 12+ times. Im happy everytime a new ip comes. Especially from a game maker that i enjoyed previous title from. So instead of bitching, be happy we got a new ip.... Which is rare these days... 

• Like 3