Two Different Assassin's Creed Games Coming This Fall? AC Unity Confirmed

Parker

Apparently there may be two different AC game releasing this fall. One, codenamed Unity will release for the PS4 and Xbone while the other, codename Comet will release on the PS3/360. 

Assassin's Creed Unity may be one of two Assassin's Creed games releasing this fall. Unity, according to Kotaku, will release on Xbox One and PS4, and is set at least partially in 18th century Paris. The other, codenamed Comet, will release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Early screenshots obtained by Kotaku showcase Parisian locales such as Notre Dame and the Seine River, as well as a new male assassin adorned in a black uniform,  brandishing a rapier, and holstering at least one pistol.

AC5_IGN_-610x375.png

Credit: Kotaku

Previously, it was confirmed the next Assassin's Creed would not be set in Japan.

We have contacted Ubisoft for comment.

Developing...

Source: IGN

I suppose it could actually be the same game but different codenames to refer to the different console generations. I think it would be quite stupid of Ubisoft to release two completely different games. 

Update: Assassin's Creed Unit has been confirmed. 

Parker

• Like 1

My vote has been for Assassin Monkey Creed V.

No tutorial necessary, as they're monkeys and climbing is a natural thing for them, and it could be a fiscal tie-in to the Rise of the Planet of the Apes movie coming out soon.

I think I've done all there is to do.  :awesome:

• Like 1

So in reality they just don't want to release a AC game in asia so they just keep milking out normal boring cities with mainstream history and characters that you read about in 4th grade

18th century Paris could be quite a cool setting but I still think Feudal Japan would be absolutely badass. Hopefully someday they'll decide to take the series there. 

Parker

Octomom... They could make a game about her too. Would probably be banned in australia though.

On topic, this sounds like a way to cater to two markets. Hit the mass market (Ps3 and 360) but push fans towards next gen. Its a good idea in itself and can make the masses move towards new consoles.

• Like 1

Paris ? Wow just boring , as an AC fan i'm bored with gameplay i really am !

give me more interesting characters and story 

out of all the settings they could have chose i cannot believe they chose Paris ! 

what about Egypt , Japan , China , India , Russia , London ? 

i personally found AC IV to be the worst in the series , it hardly a storyline 

the characters were bland and uninteresting , after about 5 hours the whole

boat gameplay was stale and repetitive . 

Octomom... They could make a game about her too. Would probably be banned in australia though.

On topic, this sounds like a way to cater to two markets. Hit the mass market (Ps3 and 360) but push fans towards next gen. Its a good idea in itself and can make the masses move towards new consoles.

Or a film...Raise your hand if you've seen her very first film :wave:

That's a lot of AC games this year wow

out of all the settings they could have chose i cannot believe they chose Paris ! 

You are one of the very few people I've heard say that. The vast majority of people tell me that AC IV is right up there with AC II as the best in the series. I guess I need to get my ass in gear and finish the rest of the games to see for myself, huh?

Parker

• Like 1

I wish they'd give the series a rest for a while I ran out of steam for the series by Revelations because of the repetitive nature, and while I hear Black Flag is the best since the second it feels like there's been way too many AC titles in a very short period of time not to mention the countless tie-in books, comics and short films (Still annoyed the true ending to Ezio's story was one and not part of Revelations). The fact that we'll never see a modern day title like it had seemed it was building up to and that they've said feudal Japan, Egypt or WWII settings are unlikely is kind of a downer too.  I'd like to see them at least give it a longer development cycle, if not take a break entirely and work on another Prince of Persia or something brand new.

Being a big fan of the franchise, I am totally okay with having 2 games released in a short space of time.

Depending on the era it is set - Paris is just as beautiful as the Italian settings in AC2 & Brotherhood.

Assassins Creed 3 had the bland uninteresting characters, the vague storyline and repetetive boat gameplay. Assassins Creed 4 was the game that took all of that stuff and turned it into something more enjoyable. Assassin's Creed 2 also hardly had a storyline - Ezio spent best part of that game not knowing what was going on. The penny only truly dropped one game later. Didn't make it any less awesome though.

You don't necessarily need a persistent on-rails storyline for a game to be enjoyable. This is the fourth game - it doesn't need to repeat needless exposition that we already know with regards to a storyline and even then - there was actually a storyline - you just need to go looking for it a little more than previous entries.

Edited by Captain_Cutscene

No, no more! Please, I can't handle Assassins in Ancien Regime France.

I will reiterate what TheVolloxx said and say that I found ACIV one of the worst in the series also, only beaten by Revelations in my personal opinion. Only because more often than not, the game was spent in pitched open battle on ship decks and not being a silent blade in the crowd like the previous games. The naval combat part of the game stood up well on its own merits, but it's not what a stealth adventure game is about. The only way the storyline could've been sillier is if it Assassin's Creed IV: Assassins... IN SPACE! The game could've been a decent pirate game without the Assassin's Creed nonsense thrown in, but as it was, it was like combining peanut butter and toothpaste.

Edited by damon8r351

Personally I'd rather feudal Japan, China or even Korea and a lot of it has to do with the architecture and then after that comes the history and weapon variations which would be a bit more refreshing in my opinion as well as playing as a female assassin in said locale, I'd also rather it a completely single player game but that's just my opinion.

Oh well guess I'll be waiting for either the above to happen or a new Tenchu game then...

I really think that all of you that says 'Two AC games in one year will ruin AC' should just shu... keep calm, you don't work with Ubisoft and if AC had such a great success, why can't them hire more people and make more of it? If Ubisoft can and want to do 10 AC games per month because they think that they can keep up the good work and gain success on each and everyone of them, who are you to tell them to make a game every 2/3 years? Don't worry if they make two fucked up games this year, I'm absolutely sure that they'll take more time to make the next one, so shut your b...keep calm and try or read reviews about the next AC, then you could talk

PS: I live in Paris, so I'm obviously happy to see AC in Paris, and for those that said 'Paris is a boring city' wishing cities like London (Come On! Freaking London?) I'm sure that you won't be disapointed, Paris is such a rich city with a deep story that I'm sure it will grant the next AC with great success.

Edited by Vivinho333