This game is garbage and should not need to be replayed 12 times for DLC trophies

7 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

And I can point to Assassin's Creed, CyberPunk etc.

Peanuts for AAA. 

those are open world games tho, they have a big explorable map, npcs all over the place, quests ect... you'd think they'd manage to develope a decent railroad game with 162 million $.. that's more than the estimated budget for GOWR

This could be a status update since it's not asking for help neither offering advice, just ranting in the most useless way, also you don't need to beat any game if it brings you distress, trophies are meant to be an extra challenge  and to give the game more stuff to do, nothing more.

7 hours ago, I-Kami-I said:

Some people here need to learn to let people vent out on a bad game and the bad support/DLC it receives. It'll get handled by the mods if the amount of threads posted becomes too much - not by you guys calling people names and thinking you are the all-knowing.

It is good to have a dedicated room to shit on something than have it hit a place, that is supposed to help people figure the best way to unlock trophies.

There's status update for that reason but instead people love the attention and keep clogging the game respective forum with useless crap.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, atomic_lama225 said:

Seriously fuck this game. It was shit on the first play through and now they keep adding DLC trophies as if anyone actually wants to replay it 10+ times. Fix the games broken and terrible combat systems and add the option to skip cutscenes and for the love of god PLEASE striking distance, stop adding trophies for every minor fucking update you do. Buying this game is seriously my biggest gaming regret of the past few years 

I know a lot of people are upset about these DLC trophies, but..why are you? Your profile completion percentage is 50%, just sell the game and never play it again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, I-Kami-I said:

Ranting and venting out on a game does not need to be constructive. However it shows what kind of faults there are - if you agree or don't. Like still not be able to skip cutscenes, which just adds like 1/3 of extra time. Or regularly squeezing and crawling through spaces, which gets boring pretty fast. Or its boring melee focused combat system with its left to right dodges. Or its lackluster variety of enemies. *It is a warning sign for other people to maybe stay away from such undercooked games or give it enough time to iron out those faults and not pay full price.

If you think there are too many threads that clutter the forum, let moderators know about that. They can deal with it by merging them.

I very much agree.

I belong to the category of people who appreciate any kind of information no matter how it's presented, and I definitely don't see a problem with voicing your opinion - other than perhaps when being slightly hyperbolic as with OPs title.?

There will always be topics like these and as long as people stick to the rules, either just avoid to comment or try to at least understand that there are vastly different types of hunters.?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

This could be a status update since it's not asking for help neither offering advice, just ranting in the most useless way, also you don't need to beat any game if it brings you distress, trophies are meant to be an extra challenge  and to give the game more stuff to do, nothing more.

There's status update for that reason but instead people love the attention and keep clogging the game respective forum with useless crap.

Amen. 

2 hours ago, I-Kami-I said:

- those people add absolutely nothing constructive and helpful. They derail those threads, making them unrecognizable and then wonder why more threads pop up. What I also observed is that it is those aloof people that tend to start with insults - sure not all, but there is a trend.

The thing with criticism is it's all about how you present it especially when it's getting presented to the general public. If you come out of the gate swinging with vitriolic attacks amidst your criticism, your responses are going to reflect that and focus on the vitriol of the post rather than any valid criticism that may be in there. Whereas if your criticism was legitimately constructive and worded in a mature and civil manner, your responses are much more likely to be more civil towards you even from folks that may disagree with you. It'll also get far less responses and attention which is counterproductive to the whole point these get made to begin with which is to attract the most attention possible. Vitriolic criticism will always attract more attention and clicks than a really well-worded, thought out, and constructive criticism. That's just unfortunately how it is. 

Starting out with 'fuck this game, it's shit' will generate a lot of interest which is the purpose but is also not exactly an opening statement that'll lead to a productive, constructive, or helpful discussion following it. And alas, another rant/vent thread has gone by now where nothing productive has come out of it beyond just agreeing or disagreeing with the sentiments of the opening statement. That Reddit post that was posted earlier in this thread criticizing the game? That's how you do a proper rant/vent and it got really good responses and feedback because of it. It's pretty clear the differences between that one and this one. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

Amen. 

The thing with criticism is it's all about how you present it especially when it's getting presented to the general public. If you come out of the gate swinging with vitriolic attacks amidst your criticism, your responses are going to reflect that and focus on the vitriol of the post rather than any valid criticism that may be in there. Whereas if your criticism was legitimately constructive and worded in a mature and civil manner, your responses are much more likely to be more civil towards you even from folks that may disagree with you. It'll also get far less responses and attention which is counterproductive to the whole point these get made to begin with which is to attract the most attention possible. Vitriolic criticism will always attract more attention and clicks than a really well-worded, thought out, and constructive criticism. That's just unfortunately how it is. 

Starting out with 'fuck this game, it's shit' will generate a lot of interest which is the purpose but is also not exactly an opening statement that'll lead to a productive, constructive, or helpful discussion following it. And alas, another rant/vent thread has gone by now where nothing productive has come out of it beyond just agreeing or disagreeing with the sentiments of the opening statement. That Reddit post that was posted earlier in this thread criticizing the game? That's how you do a proper rant/vent and it got really good responses and feedback because of it. It's pretty clear the differences between that one and this one. 

Yet here we are shifting the blame and not adding anything of value. This thread is clearly something to vent out on The Callisto Protocol - not 'what is the courtesy of engagement' . My guess, its for the folk that really got frustrated and annoyed by this game and they just want to get it of their chest. And this is sometimes worded badly - happens to everybody, so cut them some slack.

('you' as a general you) Whether its constructive or maturely worded or could be a simple status updated is none of your business. If its only 3 people replying with something of 'no value' it is also none of your business. However it is your business how you reply in this thread and so far all the 'shitposting' and name calling was done by those, that add zero value or anything constructive e.g. 'nobody is forcing you', 'so why are you playing then?' or even vile stuff. Is this constructive? And it what way did OP provoke those users - did he call anybody out besides the devs/publishers?

In the end it is YOU who decides to reply and it is YOU who decides in what manner - at all times.

Half the forum could be a simple 'status update' - but what is the forum for? What are threads like 'what are you listening right now', 'the last movie you saw' or 'your last earned trophy' even for? By all you guys logic those are pure status updates, but clutter the forums.

Just let people have fun and also vent out on stuff that frustrates them. 

• Like 1

So they've added NG+, NG+ Hardcore and now a permadeath mode season pass with a $30 price tag (albeit with promise of some more cosmetics and a proper summer DLC that you can "pre-order" through this)? 

All the extra modes should have been 1 DLC without price tag, and any additional real content should have had appropriate price tag IMO. Glad I didn't buy this and will add this developer to my list of developers I won't buy any games from. 

Aren't all these modes normally added later in Sony games to make sure the Platinum is easy for everyone anyway? Why do 3 different updates? lol what a bunch of scammers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I-Kami-I said:

Yet here we are shifting the blame and not adding anything of value. This thread is clearly something to vent out on The Callisto Protocol - not 'what is the courtesy of engagement' . My guess, its for the folk that really got frustrated and annoyed by this game and they just want to get it of their chest. And this is sometimes worded badly - happens to everybody, so cut them some slack.

('you' as a general you) Whether its constructive or maturely worded or could be a simple status updated is none of your business. If its only 3 people replying with something of 'no value' it is also none of your business. However it is your business how you reply in this thread and so far all the 'shitposting' and name calling was done by those, that add zero value or anything constructive e.g. 'nobody is forcing you', 'so why are you playing then?' or even vile stuff. Is this constructive? And it what way did OP provoke those users - did he call anybody out besides the devs/publishers?

In the end it is YOU who decides to reply and it is YOU who decides in what manner - at all times.

Half the forum could be a simple 'status update' - but what is the forum for? What are threads like 'what are you listening right now', 'the last movie you saw' or 'your last earned trophy' even for? By all you guys logic those are pure status updates, but clutter the forums.

Just let people have fun and also vent out on stuff that frustrates them. 

You said it yourself, you can't tell others what they should or should not do but yet you're doing just that. This is a public forum, everything is everybody's business if it's posted on here for public consumption.  

You're willing to cut the OP slack on his vitriol because you happen to agree with him, but would you still cut him the same amount of slack if you didn't though? I really doubt it. 

I don't care so much about clutter on the forums, but I do like good healthy discussions on games and other things with like-minded people and these kinds of vitriolic hot take threads don't generate that, they never do because of the very nature of how they're set up and presented. Whereas those other kinds of threads you mentioned do generate good conversations so there's no reason to take any issue with them and clump them into the same category as threads like this. 

If you want better quality engagement from others, then you need better quality posts to start it off with. That's really what it all comes down to. We have a platform for getting things off your chest and vitriolic hot takes, it's called Twitter. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

You said it yourself, you can't tell others what they should or should not do but yet you're doing just that. This is a public forum, everything is everybody's business if it's posted on here for public consumption.  

You're willing to cut the OP slack on his vitriol because you happen to agree with him, but would you still cut him the same amount of slack if you didn't though? I really doubt it. 

I don't care so much about clutter on the forums, but I do like good healthy discussions on games and other things with like-minded people and these kinds of vitriolic hot take threads don't generate that, they never do because of the very nature of how they're set up and presented. Whereas those other kinds of threads you mentioned do generate good conversations so there's no reason to take any issue with them and clump them into the same category as threads like this. 

If you want better quality engagement from others, then you need better quality posts to start it off with. That's really what it all comes down to. We have a platform for getting things off your chest and vitriolic hot takes, it's called Twitter. 

I make it simple. You don't like the topic? Don't engage. You added nothing of value but the same old 'agree to disagree' mentality. I don't like the way OP worded his rant, but I'm not going to eat his face for that.

You want better quality engagement you need people that stay on topic and not denounce other just to feel better about themselves.

I can also add the same nonsensical phrases like 'why do you read or reply to a topic you don't like?' or 'nobody is forcing you to reply'.

I don't agree with the game being bad, I think it has bad design in certain cases, like releasing all this game modes to keep players repeating the main story and the combat which is quite repetitive.

The game has cool bits if you're a fan of sci-fi and some cool mechanics. It needs work for sure but it's not a bad game.

I don't feel forced to do 100% but it's going to a challenge tho. To be honest, we did much worse I guess, remembering the trials in SF IV. ;)

• Like 1

On 16/03/2023 at 0:47 PM, VigilantCrow said:

5 extra playthroughs is what 50ish hours? Not exactly a massive commitment these days. 

On 16/03/2023 at 2:28 PM, VigilantCrow said:

I finished Fortnite, Skylines and working through Star Ocean 4, 30 hours is literally a joke to replaying something for 1k hours.

I always find takes like this frankly embarrassing.

Yes, however you look at it 50 hours is quite the big commitment to something if you don't enjoy and you don't get paid. And for most people that ain't as simple as just playing for a week or something, not everyone is glued to their gaming chair grinding their life away and some people actually value their time. Take it from an ex. world #1 in an MMO back in my late teens, that kind of gaming time ain't healthy and doesn't make you 'cool' and 'hardcore' or anything. Honestly when I see some people proudly share their gaming hour stats at the end of the year it almost feels uncomfortable to read.

50 hours could be almost an entire month of an individuals gaming time which could be spent enjoying the dozens of great games out there (particularly if playing the not-bloated-AF open world live service kind you find nowadays in the AAA space). How could anyone not consider that putting good games or life in general on hold to waste 50 hours is potentially a 'massive commitment', absolute joke.

I for one genuinely hope you liked Fortnite, Skylines and SO4 as the context you replied to implies you're saying you didn't. Because if you say they're 1k hours (I'm hoping that's combined and not each) then that is honestly really quite tragic and I'm not sure why you'd want to bring it up like it's some kind of flex reply.

On 16/03/2023 at 0:53 PM, VigilantCrow said:

Even funnier! That's like 3 days for young people, maybe a week for someone with a busy schedule.

And this comment I think shows an extra level of delusion on people's free time and gaming habits. You think someone with a busy schedule is still finding 25-30 hours gaming a week? Dude, that's probably on the higher end of the scale. I dread to think what you consider 'normal' gaming hours? Think someone can do 25-30hr of stuff in 3 days? That's 10 hour sessions on the daily, that's basically a flat out addiction bruh... Sheesh.

On 3/15/2023 at 10:19 PM, Nauticus87 said:

Then don't play it again?

Why are you subjecting yourself to things you don't want to do? I'd understand if you had a 100% profile and felt a compulsion to keep that going, but you don't. So don't.

This. Trophies / achievements are meant to be markers of achievement. They are there to reward the most dedicated of players. You are neither expected nor forced to go after the 100% completion of a game.

If you've decided to go for a 100% completion rate... that's fine. But achievements are meant for people who actually enjoy the games enough to invest in them. The consequences of that decision lie squarely on your shoulders.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

And this comment I think shows an extra level of delusion on people's free time and gaming habits. You think someone with a busy schedule is still finding 25-30 hours gaming a week? Dude, that's probably on the higher end of the scale. I dread to think what you consider 'normal' gaming hours? Think someone can do 25-30hr of stuff in 3 days? That's 10 hour sessions on the daily, that's basically a flat out addiction bruh... Sheesh.

I have a full time career, a kid, mentor juniors etc and I still have the ability to easily put 10 hours into gaming a day, if I choose to do so.

Delusional? Don't get me started on that shit kiddo. 

Edited by VigilantCrow