The Elder Scrolls Online is coming (PC/MAC). Your thoughs?

DeathNyx

eso-release-banner-720x360.jpg

So, maybe someone forgot this but only few days left before the PC/MAC release of the new TES. PS4 and XBox One version will be available at June 2014. What do you think? It will be a worthy MMO?

About console versions PS4 doesn't require plus in order to play but XBox One still need gold subscription + $14.99 monthly subscription ~ 10€

Official Site & Pre-Order: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk

Edited by DeathNyx

My problem with it is that the games costs 50£ then i have to pay roughly 10£ a month to play that game 

and the game has microtransactions , i honestly don't get along with MMO'S , i always get bored with them extremely fast .

What microtransactions? I never saw a store on the product page :S

Subscription is like paying for extra contents that come out every month or 2, sure its not right to force you to pay a 15$ sub a month for content you dont get yet. But i guess you can look at this way, when content comes out you wont have to pay for it, cause without sub they could easily just charge you 30$ for content.

I was in the beta, and I thought it was awful. It's an incredibly watered down version of Elder Scrolls, and felt entirely too linear. Almost everyone I've talked to who played the beta has said the same thing. I really don't think it's going to be a very good game.

• Like 1

A buddy was in the beta and while I thought it was relatively fun, I found myself thinking I'd much rather see a proper Elder Scrolls game on the PS4 rather than play an Elder Scrolls MMO. I know I definitely won't be spending my money on the game unless they get rid of the monthly fee. 

Parker

From what I played of the beta it was terrible, I played with a group of friends and we could only handle a few hours before quitting. Wouldn't surprise me if it goes free-to-play by the end of the year because in its current state it simply isn't worth the money.

From what I played of the beta it was terrible, I played with a group of friends and we could only handle a few hours before quitting. Wouldn't surprise me if it goes free-to-play by the end of the year because in its current state it simply isn't worth the money.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and point towards the fact that it was 'beta' which by definition is an unfinished version of the game.

I'm playing it at the moment - granted i'm not very high level at the moment (about to hit lv20) but so far i've had no issues, bugs or problems. Very smooth and very enjoyable. What made you and your friends quit specifically? I haven't found anything wrong with it, feels pretty much like a shared Elder Scrolls game. Has all the tropes you'd expect.

Not sure if when my 30 days is up i'll subscribe, but right now i'm leaning more and more towards a yes on that front. We'll see i guess, but it by no means is a bad game.

Edited by Captain_Cutscene