Final Fantasy 10 Remake Reportedly in Development

DEI2EK

I mean, I love Final Fantasy, so getting a 'new' (remade) game in the franchise is always a good thing in my eyes...

...but what about FF13 Trilogy? It's the only FF (apart from 11) that isn't available on PS4/PS5. It's not even in the PS+ premium service (like almost every other FF game), I was sure that would be some kind of indication that they are actually working on a remaster. They wouldn't want to port it before releasing a new remaster and possibly decrease sales because people just played the original, at least that was my guess.

Instead, they seem to Remake a game that got re-released as a Remaster in 2015. ?

I miss this little savage chick...
https://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/27300000/-D-Amazing-final-fantasy-xiii-27359532-500-281.gif

• Like 2

FFX is my childhood game and I hold the time I spent with it very dear. I don't think FFX needs a remake, it was the first Final Fantasy on the PS2 and therefor improved the series on so many levels, introduced voice lines, made a leap from the pixelated graphics from prior entries and I'd say it still holds up to this day.

I wonder if that's all what SE has to offer nowadays after they sold some of their other IP's, just banking on nostalgia. How about they take a fat chunck of their money and give it to Yoko Taro so he can make a new game/new IP.

..but if this really turns out true and they go through with the remake, I hope they stay true to the story and don't change anything (major)..

• Like 4

YESSS! Little me is so happy with this.

Now we have a defined line-up:

2024:

FFVII Rebirth

2025:

FFIX Remake?

2026:

FFX Remake

2027:

FFVIIR Part III

2028:

Final Fantasy Infinity War

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 2

X to doubt. Anyone with any kind of knowledge of how the industry works could have guessed a P3 remake was coming. I did, and I wasn't even in the industry at the time. FF9 remake is unconfirmed, so that's hardly any kind of credibility either. I'd like to see a FFX remake, but I also don't really think it needs it. I'd much rather see the older FF games get remakes. Like FFIV and VI. Those games are legitimately painful to play and would greatly benefit from a modernization.

*sighs*

This is super weird honestly. Why are they skipping FF8? It's just weird that they are now (supposedly) remakes for FF7, FF9, and now FF10 but no FF8? I just don't understand why it's being skipped.

I mean this is fine. I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way. I just have... concerns. Because the comments from the 7 Remake team suggested they wanted to make X-3, not a X Remake. Also... are they going to retcon X-2? Because they better not. I don't care if most hated it... I happened to like it. Is the story bad? I mean... sure... I guess... (even though, again, I didn't really mind it) but it's really not as 'shit' as everyone claims it is.

Either way hearing new versions of 'Otherworld' and 'Challenge' (FFX Boss Theme #2) will be music bliss for me lol

If it means we'll potentially get an X-3 out of it, then I'll happily take it.

Still hoping that XIII and its sequels will get the X/X-2 HD Remaster and XII: The Zodiac Age treatment in the near future as well.

Edited by Zephrese

I do find it kind of funny just how much SE is ignoring FF8. It's like when people ignore the emo kid only to find out later that he was a swell guy all along hahahaha

Having said that, between FF8, 9 and 10, I would most gladly choose they remake all 3. Those are magical games that people keep avoiding because of "old game jank" which just boggles my mind

• Like 1