Final Fantasy 10 Remake Reportedly in Development

DEI2EK

An insider who previously leaked Persona 3 and Final Fantasy 9remakes has now claimed that a Final Fantasy 10 remake is also in the works. ResetEra user Im A Hero Too, who quickly made a name for themselves with accurate leaks, also dropped a release window hint

Im A Hero Too, who has since deleted their ResetEra account and scrubbed their posts, hinted that Final Fantasy 10 remake’s launch will coincide with the game’s 25th anniversary, which happens to fall in 2026. The original first released in Japan in July 2001 for the PS2

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2023/06/09/final-fantasy-10-remake-in-development-rumor/

Edited by DEI2EK
  • Like 4

I'm very not interested.  Power to those who are, but as much as I'm not really a fandom guy, Final Fantasy X is great as it is.  I don't want some bastardized remake fill with what some knob who might have done UI on the original thinks a fun new way to tell the story will be.  Maybe my mind will change, or maybe I'm just a cranky old tool, but stop remaking things cause you found a sticky note from the original development and think "Tidus should have more flashbacks of his mom and Lulu should have her helicopter pilots license".  Anyhow, that's my diatribe.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Hell yes

Hopefully original voice cast as well, we need an updated “AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA” more than we will ever admit.

I’m so torn becasie James Arnold Tyler turned out to be kinda of shit head ADTER peole found his parlor posts …

17 minutes ago, Vanqishd said:

Bring it on.

However, I'd very much prefer a remaster of the FF13 trio so all mainline offline games can be played on a current system, which should hopefully mean that they could be played on any new generation system down the line due to backwards compatibility.

I agree. I would love to see the FF13 trilogy remastered/remade as its one of my favorites. Didn't get a chance to play 2&3, but hopefully they'll make it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, graphic_violins8 said:

I'm very not interested.  Power to those who are, but as much as I'm not really a fandom guy, Final Fantasy X is great as it is.  I don't want some bastardized remake fill with what some knob who might have done UI on the original thinks a fun new way to tell the story will be.  Maybe my mind will change, or maybe I'm just a cranky old tool, but stop remaking things cause you found a sticky note from the original development and think "Tidus should have more flashbacks of his mom and Lulu should have her helicopter pilots license".  Anyhow, that's my diatribe.

I kinda get your mentality but at the same time i dont. Who wouldnt want to experience one of their favorite games in a new or unique way just to have an excuse to play the game again? A remake wont tarnish the original game because if you dont like a reimagining or a remake of something there is always the original.

Its the same mentality some people have of their favorite franchise where its been third person for over 3 decades and then all of a sudden it changes to first person and everyone is having a meltdown. If all you want to do is play the same old game then why bother complaining about the direction a game is going when you can just play the same 10 games that havent changed since forever.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I kinda get your mentality but at the same time i dont. Who wouldnt want to experience one of their favorite games in a new or unique way just to have an excuse to play the game again? A remake wont tarnish the original game because if you dont like a reimagining or a remake of something there is always the original.

Its the same mentality some people have of their favorite franchise where its been third person for over 3 decades and then all of a sudden it changes to first person and everyone is having a meltdown. If all you want to do is play the same old game then why bother complaining about the direction a game is going when you can just play the same 10 games that havent changed since forever.

You know you're not wrong.  I had a whole speech I was typing (I'm very long winded) but it kind of proved your point.  I guess I shall see where this goes.  I did like FF7R enough so I'll see where this goes.  Thanks for that!

• Like 2

I'd prefer if they remade something else or put all their energy into 16 tbf. FFX is my 2nd favourite Final Fantasy but the remaster was good enough in my opinion. I agree it would look nice being remade but I've already played it and got the plat. It's probably going to have the same bs trophies and however much I loved the game I'm not feeling grinding out my sphere grid, dodging lightning or the Chocobo race. I feel like all these remakes, remasters, spin offs are signs of them running out of ideas or they want to zap every single penny from their devoted fans that are not yet sick of Squares tactics 

Not interested at all. I loved the HD remaster and got the plat, am not going through that again or falling for this cash grab. This game as been released on every platform and the HD remaster played great. I can see them probably adding quality of life features like skip scenes, increase game speed etc, turn off random battles, and obviously graphical improvement, but having had so many playthroughs of this game on PS2 and again on PS4, not getting it. 

I would have loved a 13 Trilogy remake ported to PS5, those games are left in the dark and are the only FF games currently unavailable on modern console. So I was expecting those, especially after the pixel remaster, and now that 1-6, 7, 8, 9, 10/10-2, 7R, 12, 15, 16 all on modern console except these three titles. I loved LIghtning and the 13 series, some of my favourite in the series.

I'd rather have 6, 8, or just finish the 7 remake if part 2 isn't the end. 

Or just don't do remakes? Focus on spectacular remasters for current consoles and new games instead? Or at least finish the one remake (FF7) before moving on to the next?

There's probably no right answer.

1 minute ago, darkrequiem7 said:

I'd rather have 6, 8, or just finish the 7 remake if part 2 isn't the end. 

Or just don't do remakes? Focus on spectacular remasters for current consoles and new games instead? Or at least finish the one remake (FF7) before moving on to the next?

There's probably no right answer.

There are at least 3 parts planned for FF7

from what insiders understand a FF9 and 10 remake are currently in the works, along with that DQ3 2D HD thing they were working on

One's favorite childhood games are not usually one's favorite games because they are the best games. They are one's favorite games because of everything one associates with them. It is very difficult for a remake of such a game to make one feel the same as the original.

To me, that was proven with the FFVII Remake: while I enjoyed seeing the chars and locations in their unpixelated glory, the game didn't manage to evoke the same emotions as the original did back in the day.

Now, FFVII was not my favorite FF, but IX and X are... Not really sure I want to taint my fond memories of them with a modernized version. 

• Like 3