PSNP Trophy Milestones

Property_Damage

Do you plan out your trophy milestones according to this site?  Since my 200th platinum (bloodborne) i kind of do now.  And now that im beyond 200 platinums, every trophy milestone is every 50th platinum..but then i took a closer look at my profile and my next milestone isnt my 450th platinum (which is another milestone in itself) No thats not it, 14,997 total trophies..my next milestone is 3 trophies away at 15k! Ugh..so scrolling through my account, i ask myself what can i pop that’ll be worth the 15,000th trophy placement..and the only thing i could think of  is to pop a single random trophy in any game and then going to back to Call of Duty Black Ops 2..all im missing is the Giant Accomplishment trophy for the single player campaign and the platinum would be mine and long over due! The trophy itself is a major pain in the ass and is the reason why i shelved it years ago but now my milestone OCD has come to bite me in the ass forcing me to grind this game out once again

sigh

• Like 3

Yeah, since 2020 I kind of plan my milestones.

I'm not looking to obtain a concrete trophy but I plan the game that will be. My next milestones are the 9000th trophy that will depend on what game i will be playing and the 125th platinum which place is reserved to Klonoa, I only need to beat the final boss for the platinum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I never knew what milestones even were until recently, but no I never plan them even after knowing as it's not something I care about. I also have hidden trophies which change the milestones anyway, so I don't bother.

I would be pretty happy with any game on my list, as I play games I enjoy so it would not matter to me 

• Like 1

I used to, now I only really worry about every 100th Plat. But I used to because I wanted my Milestones to be WWE games. My 1st, 25th, 50th, 75th, 100th and 200th were wrestling games. But by the time I got to 300 that trend was broken (it was God of War: Ragnarok), I wasn't platting WWE 2K22 and 2K23 wasn't out yet in a timely manner to try. I am still trying to Plat 2K23, I MIGHT make it 325...but I haven't decided yet. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all  (I have a bad english)

I have a question and I'm sorry if it has already been posted in another forum.
let me explain
I'm currently 6 trophies short of my milestones (2500th trophies).
I had planned to do my last 6 missing trophies on Gran turismo 6 but I don't have it right now. 
Except that I still want to win trophies in the meantime to optimize my time.
I'm wondering, if I get trophies offline (not connected to PSN so not synchronized) and I unlock them during the period when I don't have GT6, after synchronizing with PSNprofiles my GT6 trophies so my milestones (2500th trophies) and I synchronize my offline unlocked trophies (so before my GT6 trophies) will they replace the milestones (2500th trophies) or just be added? 

On 27/06/2023 at 8:32 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

I think this is why the site should periodically change up what Milestones are shown in the cabinets - keeping them static and permanent has resulted in a situation where people feel undue pressure to try and "game the system" and put specific "best-foot-forward" type games in those slots, and show off the ones they would like people to see, rather than letting them be a nice reflection of the kind of games you were playing at that point in your gaming.

Would be better if the site would change them to, say "101st / 151st / 201st etc., or maybe 11th, 22nd, 33rd, 44th etc, every now and then, so they could more accurately reflect what people actually like to play when they don't think it's going to be "forward-facing".... and it would give a little more variety to that side of the profiles!

I'm torn on this. There's a part of me that enjoys reflecting on what I was into (or not into...) at the time when I wasn't a trophy hunter or didn't know/care about milestones. But then there's another part of me that views milestones as a profile in itself that celebrates the games we truly love. I know the trophy cabinet exists for this reason but for non premium members it would be extremely limited (unless three's been an update on this site that I've missed). 

I'm probably always gonna be into Ubisoft and Bethesda games and playing them whether anyone is looking or not. Many people wouldn't respect those type of games that I chose as milestones, but it doesn't matter because to me all it shows is that these games are near and dear to my heart. 

Plus I still need to make up for unintentionally platinuming Assassin's Creed Unity and having it stain my account as the 1st platinum I ever got. (jk, I know you like Unity so I'll lay off ? )

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Plus I still need to make up for unintentionally platinuming Assassin's Creed Unity and having it stain my account as the 1st platinum I ever got. (jk, I know you like Unity so I'll lay off 1f609.png )

Haha - no only do I like Unity… it actually ended up on my milestones too! ?

On 6/27/2023 at 3:32 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

I think this is why the site should periodically change up what Milestones are shown in the cabinets - keeping them static and permanent has resulted in a situation where people feel undue pressure to try and "game the system" and put specific "best-foot-forward" type games in those slots, and show off the ones they would like people to see, rather than letting them be a nice reflection of the kind of games you were playing at that point in your gaming.

Would be better if the site would change them to, say "101st / 151st / 201st etc., or maybe 11th, 22nd, 33rd, 44th etc, every now and then, so they could more accurately reflect what people actually like to play when they don't think it's going to be "forward-facing".... and it would give a little more variety to that side of the profiles!

I'd actually really dislike this for my cabinet. I get where you're coming from, and it's an interesting idea, but since I became more active here, I've tried to make my milestones not only games that were really enjoyable or interesting, but also things I think it would be cool if more people looked at. If someone checks my profile and sees any of my 25 increment plats from 150 on, that's a game I'd like to see more people try, in addition to being one I found memorable.

For example, it's not showing up yet, but Wild Arms was my 275th plat. It's deeply flawed from a modern perspective, but still a great representative of its time, and worth a look. Plat 276 was Twisted Metal 1. It's not a bad game, but also just sort of filler when I was bored. I'm not ashamed of it, but also not interested in signal boosting it on my profile.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After my 100th plat Ive decided to plan ahead my trophy milestones, at least with games that I really like.

Unfortunately I screwed up my 10000 th trophy, I was planning to be THPS 1+2 plat to be my 10000 th but I forgot to sync my PSVITA.

Now Im planning to get my 175 th plat and Im trying to decided between BLUR or Geometry Waes 3: Dimensions.

warrervena.png

Edited by warrervena

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suppose one could say I started planning back in 2017 but it mainly happened in 2019 with the exception of one and getting it by mistake (my 5,000th) but since then I’ve planned everything 

edit: I’m proud of my 7,000th because it’s a platinum 

Edited by Zander

I do try to plan it out in most cases, sometimes in a juvenile sense. For example, my 1000th platinum came from the PS5 version of the game One Night Stand. Another example of that was my 1200th platinum being from the PS5 version of Stroke The Beaver. In other cases though, sometimes it's a reference or a tribute to something I like. My most recent milestone was my 1600th platinum and it came from the PS5 version of The Dark Prophecy. What's it a reference or a tribute to you might ask?

From 1996 to 2003, 5 games in the brilliant Legacy of Kain series were made. I'm a big fan, it's one of my all time favorite game series. 2 games on PS1 and 3 on PS2. It's been over 20 years since the fifth game (and sadly final entry most likely) so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if some of you have never heard of it plus it sadly only had a cult following at best. But it was and still is one of the best written and best voice acted game series ever made, I recommend checking it out if you can via old YouTube videos. In 2004, a planned sixth game was in development that would've wrapped up the entire story but it was regretfully axed a few months into production. A shame because the ideas for it were amazing. The name of this cancelled sixth Legacy of Kain game was The Dark Prophecy. 

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
  • Like 1

I have never ever planned any milestones until 2 days ago. My first and only one. God of War (2018) was platinum 3000. And it will be my last. Milestones don't interest me.

15 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

From 1996 to 2003, 5 games in the brilliant Legacy of Kain series were made. I'm a big fan, it's one of my all time favorite game series. 2 games on PS1 and 3 on PS2. It's been over 20 years since the fifth game (and sadly final entry most likely) so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if some of you have never heard of it plus it sadly only had a cult following at best. But it was and still is one of the best written and best voice acted game series ever made, I recommend checking it out if you can via old YouTube videos. In 2004, a planned sixth game was in development that would've wrapped up the entire story but it was regretfully axed a few months into production. A shame because the ideas for it were amazing. The name of this cancelled sixth Legacy of Kain game was The Dark Prophecy. 

This series REALLY needs a remastered collection.

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1