Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 starts May 1st!

I couldn't have set up this fixture much better if I rigged it myself! Good luck to all!

18 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Good luck jem....I won't be doing much this fixture, so please give me my 3rd loss in a row...and get like 25014 points

Nothing personal. I wish we could've had a proper fight though.

6 hours ago, woop94 said:

Just curious if the end of fixture commentary will be making an appearance again? I enjoyed reading it last season

The last two seasons I started doing that once about half of the season was over and things were starting to get more interesting. I might start doing it after this fixture this season though as it seems like this fixture has some great matches. Glad to hear that you liked it :).

• Like 3

15 hours ago, jem12345 said:

I couldn't have set up this fixture much better if I rigged it myself! Good luck to all!

Nothing personal. I wish we could've had a proper fight though.

I'll do what I can...just no promises. I am toward the end of story mode for Dishonored on high chaos, so maybe I'll tackle low chaos this weekend to up the number of trophies. I just haven't ha my first paycheck yet, and I am not sure how busy my weekend will be, so I am still restricted to backlog games for the moment.

Just now, ShogunCroCop said:

I'll do what I can...just no promises. I am toward the end of story mode for Dishonored on high chaos, so maybe I'll tackle low chaos this weekend to up the number of trophies. I just haven't ha my first paycheck yet, and I am not sure how busy my weekend will be, so I am still restricted to backlog games for the moment.

No worries. Just do what you can. I'm just going to use this as a setup round. I could use it after needing to go triple-digits twice in a row.

Since it's been so quiet in here the past few days, I'll take a moment to vent and bitch about what happened to me this weekend. Maybe someone will find some joy in my bad luck. 

The other morning I was fast asleep and happily dreaming about platinum trophies and winning the CWC. Out of nowhere a loud bang caused me to jump completely out of bed. Seriously, it sounded like a shotgun blast went off right beside my ear. I quickly realized there was a severe thunderstorm happening but that sound wasn't like any thunder I've ever heard. I went to investigate and noticed the power was still on and there was no visible damage so I decided to go about my morning. Turned the TV on and I'm greeted with an error message saying something is wrong with my main receiver. Okay...so the satellite is probably out due to the storm I figure. Try getting on the computer and the internet isn't working either. Hmmm...time to go investigate these issues. Walk into one room and notice that my modem has no power. Everything else plugged into that outlet and surge protector is working fine but the modem refuses to turn on. Weird. I walk downstairs to my entertainment room and it's the same thing but worse. My main DirecTV box as well as the actual television set both won't even power on. Apparently that sound that woke me up was lighting striking and frying these devices. :facepalm:

Remember that I'm still half asleep and my mind isn't working at full speed yet. I'm trying to assess the damage and it's at this moment that I suddenly realize...."OH SHIT! My PS4 and PS3 are plugged into the same surge protector." I don't think I breathed for several minutes and the next moments happened in slow motion like the movies. Slowly looking down I noticed that the red light was still on for the PS3 so it was still working. Not wanting to risk using these outlets, I nervously unplugged my PS4 and tried hooking it up in another room. Thankfully, both consoles were spared. Somehow only one row on the surge protector was impacted (there are 2 rows) and by pure luck the consoles were plugged into the safe one. Dodged a bullet there. So to summarize...I had to replace a relative new TV, a modem, and my DirecTV box. That sucks but it could have been worse. Oh wait there's more. :huh:

So I spent most of the day trying to get everything back to normal. Called up DirecTV (always so much fun) and they said a new box would be mailed to me and should arrive in 5-6 days. The most shocking event in this entire story is that it actually arrived the next day (not even 24 hours after calling). Next, I did some research on TV's and ended up driving an hour away to find the one I wanted and picked up a modem too. After dealing with all of this, I finally had a chance to relax and stop worrying. As I go to sit down and catch my breath, my foot suddenly becomes soaking wet as if I stepped in a water puddle. I examine the room, move some furniture and find out that there's a leak and water is rushing into the house. Spent the rest of the day using a shop-vac to fight the lake forming in my living room. What a shitty day. :angry:

So that's how my weekend went. How's everyone else doing? Hope yours was better than mine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MStalker58 said:

Since it's been so quiet in here the past few days, I'll take a moment to vent and bitch about what happened to me this weekend. Maybe someone will find some joy in my bad luck. 

The other morning I was fast asleep and happily dreaming about platinum trophies and winning the CWC. Out of nowhere a loud bang caused me to jump completely out of bed. Seriously, it sounded like a shotgun blast went off right beside my ear. I quickly realized there was a severe thunderstorm happening but that sound wasn't like any thunder I've ever heard. I went to investigate and noticed the power was still on and there was no visible damage so I decided to go about my morning. Turned the TV on and I'm greeted with an error message saying something is wrong with my main receiver. Okay...so the satellite is probably out due to the storm I figure. Try getting on the computer and the internet isn't working either. Hmmm...time to go investigate these issues. Walk into one room and notice that my modem has no power. Everything else plugged into that outlet and surge protector is working fine but the modem refuses to turn on. Weird. I walk downstairs to my entertainment room and it's the same thing but worse. My main DirecTV box as well as the actual television set both won't even power on. Apparently that sound that woke me up was lighting striking and frying these devices. :facepalm:

Remember that I'm still half asleep and my mind isn't working at full speed yet. I'm trying to assess the damage and it's at this moment that I suddenly realize...."OH SHIT! My PS4 and PS3 are plugged into the same surge protector." I don't think I breathed for several minutes and the next moments happened in slow motion like the movies. Slowly looking down I noticed that the red light was still on for the PS3 so it was still working. Not wanting to risk using these outlets, I nervously unplugged my PS4 and tried hooking it up in another room. Thankfully, both consoles were spared. Somehow only one row on the surge protector was impacted (there are 2 rows) and by pure luck the consoles were plugged into the safe one. Dodged a bullet there. So to summarize...I had to replace a relative new TV, a modem, and my DirecTV box. That sucks but it could have been worse. Oh wait there's more. :huh:

So I spent most of the day trying to get everything back to normal. Called up DirecTV (always so much fun) and they said a new box would be mailed to me and should arrive in 5-6 days. The most shocking event in this entire story is that it actually arrived the next day (not even 24 hours after calling). Next, I did some research on TV's and ended up driving an hour away to find the one I wanted and picked up a modem too. After dealing with all of this, I finally had a chance to relax and stop worrying. As I go to sit down and catch my breath, my foot suddenly becomes soaking wet as if I stepped in a water puddle. I examine the room, move some furniture and find out that there's a leak and water is rushing into the house. Spent the rest of the day using a shop-vac to fight the lake forming in my living room. What a shitty day. :angry:

So that's how my weekend went. How's everyone else doing? Hope yours was better than mine. 

If you have insurance, this sounds like a good time to use it. Just saying. Sorry all that happened, man.

• Like 1

Here are the match-ups for Fixture 5.

Platinum League

Toxikirby v Mah2c
HcG-_Clawz v Whyfire
ReimiSaionji9742 v Zajac9999
cjshaitan v Pureproteinman
LucasV9991 v Kochiya-Shana

Gold League

Hemiak v the_couchster
Wdog-999 v Jarethgeason
HcG-_Terror v RalphyLDN
Mstalker58 v Omar280792
RainstormIII v Psy-Tychist

Silver League

jem12345 v Kent10201
ShogunCrocop v Shadowhood1111
xZonehunter v woop94
Enma8910 v Ichiban-Hybrid
me3lingual v VASORAT13

Bronze League

XShadowYakuzaX v freddie1989
X18JELLO18X v NIALLERMANBUZ
Gregorymany v revvie11
Bladesoframen v man_with_wdjat
ericperez18v Tearraven

Also, GG @Omar, nice work on the Plat, too much ground for me to cover this fixture.

Edited by Psy-Tychist
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Also, GG @Omar, nice work on the Plat, too much ground for me to cover this fixture.

Thanks, nice match! I had quite a lot of time during this weekend so I could rock more gaming than usual hahahaha, hopefully I won't go back to losing again after this xD 

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Well, @zajac9999, I didn't expect you to suddenly earn 91 points when you earned 2 points in the last three fixtures combined. I lost 84 - 91 :|. Good match, I guess :S. Now I need @Pureproteinman to beat @cjshaitan this fixture and @HcG Clawz to beat @Whyfire :hmm:. Man, I'm making winning this league really difficult for myself :P.

Yeah, you got this, you're winning the plat league for sure :P

21 minutes ago, MStalker58 said:

" "

See what happens when you're dreaming about winning the CWC :P

Jokes aside, everyone has those shitty days from time to time, so yea. But you got really lucky, if i can call it luck. It could've been worse. At least your consoles are okay :)

• Like 1

Just now, Whyfire said:

Yeah, you got this, you're winning the plat league for sure :P

Stop mocking me :P. I could still win the plat league this season, I just have to win against you and everyone else I've yet to play against and you just have to lose to me and at least 1 other person. Suuuuure, I can easily still win the plat league this season :emo:.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MStalker58 said:

Never ever underestimate The Zajac. That was your first mistake. Your next one is having your hopes of winning the league rely on @HcG Clawz beating anyone much less someone the caliber of Whyfire. Good luck with that but if I were you, I'd start preparing for next season instead of wishing for that miracle. :P

I've never really witnessed a miracle in my life so I'm just hoping this might be the first one :P.

15 minutes ago, MStalker58 said:

I won't mind if you are busy and go back to losing for at least one fixture. :D 

Hahahaha well it might as well happen, considering Mondays and Tuesdays are super busy for me xD at least I'm glad our match will be fair and square despite all the technical hiccups you had at home, sorry to hear man but at least the consoles are fine :awesome: 

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

It was a pretty fun fixture :dance:

You bet it was :D! Congrats on the win, you deserve it. It was pretty close though and you really pushed me to my limits.

1 hour ago, VASORAT13 said:

This seems an interesting fixture. My popcorn is ready :) 

Sorry to disappoint but I have no time to play this fixture. I'm having flashbacks to our matchup last season. I swear these fixtures are rigged :P.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VASORAT13 said:

This seems an interesting fixture. My popcorn is ready :) 

Normally, you'd be right, but we got the fixture where both of us can play the least. A match that should've been the match of the season is now a struggle to get past 50 points. It's disappointing honestly.

3 hours ago, jem12345 said:

Normally, you'd be right, but we got the fixture where both of us can play the least. A match that should've been the match of the season is now a struggle to get past 50 points. It's disappointing honestly.

I even was thinking this was (and still is as you both can't score high points) one of the key fixtures for winning the league as I wont win the league (last for opponents are current numbers 2-5 in the current standings and I dont have that mutch time the coming weeks.) So it's really disappointing.

Edited by VASORAT13

5 hours ago, VASORAT13 said:

I even was thinking this was (and still is as you both can't score high points) one of the key fixtures for winning the league as I wont win the league (last for opponents are current numbers 2-5 in the current standings and I dont have that mutch time the coming weeks.) So it's really disappointing.

Yeah, it's a shame. Our fight has pretty much gone from this:

Spoiler

to this:

Spoiler

Edited by jem12345