Server shutdown - Dec 8, 2023 UPDATED

Mazter421

5 minutes ago, Mr_Tenno777 said:

The online is very easy to do compared to Crysis 2. You will need six players to do the online. 

Yeah I managed to get it done within 1 weekend. Took a 2 sessions roughly 3-4 hours each. So lets say 8 hours in total. Very doable

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/3/2023 at 10:30 PM, Mazter421 said:

Not sure when this was posted but I checked EA site thanks to another user (SwissLeivathan90) on FIFA server updates. Crysis 3 shutdown was listed for shutdown on Sept 7th, 2023 

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/a-h?setLocale=en-us

Hello, I am unable to find Crysis 3 mentioned for shutdown on the link you have provided. Could you please check and confirm? Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by Jhante_Brown

2 hours ago, Jhante_Brown said:

Hello, I am unable to find Crysis 3 mentioned for shutdown on the link you have provided. Could you please check and confirm? Thank you very much in advance.

Looks like EA took it off but not sure if it's a mistake 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NeuralPotato said:

Yeah, most likely the person/team responsible for re-adding Crysis 3 to the EA site put the wrong date down. 

Hey NP. How are you?

Glad you got your 100%. If EA have closed the server down, that's really unacceptable, it should have been tomorrow at the earliest, right?

I mean, Crysis 3 should have been 8th December in line with all the other upcoming closures, I was really annoyed with the short notice as I had a ton of things to finish for work before I went on holiday. I managed to get it done but it didn't help my stress levels very much.

I kind of feel like there should be a rule where you have to give six months before a server shutdown on PSN. I know sometimes devs/publishers go broke and have to pull the plug but this is EA we are talking about.

11 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

Hey NP. How are you?

Glad you got your 100%. If EA have closed the server down, that's really unacceptable, it should have been tomorrow at the earliest, right?

I mean, Crysis 3 should have been 8th December in line with all the other upcoming closures, I was really annoyed with the short notice as I had a ton of things to finish for work before I went on holiday. I managed to get it done but it didn't help my stress levels very much.

I kind of feel like there should be a rule where you have to give six months before a server shutdown on PSN. I know sometimes devs/publishers go broke and have to pull the plug but this is EA we are talking about.

The original stated shutdown date was yesterday, so looks like they actually closed it then and the new post of 8th December is an error. EA usually attempt to give 90 days notice of a server shutdown, but sometimes they don't, and sometimes they actually give more of a warning. I don't think there is a set rule for any publisher to give any type of warning at all, but some companies do it as a manner of courtesy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

The original stated shutdown date was yesterday, so looks like they actually closed it then and the new post of 8th December is an error. EA usually attempt to give 90 days notice of a server shutdown, but sometimes they don't, and sometimes they actually give more of a warning. I don't think there is a set rule for any publisher to give any type of warning at all, but some companies do it as a manner of courtesy.

Yes you are right. I was absolutely maxxed working 20+ hours a day some days before my holiday. Trying to fit this in was a nightmare.

It was the 7th, not the 9th like I thought, so fair dinkum I guess, if you like that sort of thing.

Still, should have been 8th December as I stated. Or announced a month prior to what it was. 

Despite how much I hate EA, I still find myself playing their games, dagnammit.

39 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

Yes you are right. I was absolutely maxxed working 20+ hours a day some days before my holiday. Trying to fit this in was a nightmare.

It was the 7th, not the 9th like I thought, so fair dinkum I guess, if you like that sort of thing.

Still, should have been 8th December as I stated. Or announced a month prior to what it was. 

Despite how much I hate EA, I still find myself playing their games, dagnammit.

My simple theory is that someone unintentionally removed Crysis 3 from the EA shutdown list and then put the wrong date when adding it back. That kind of thing can easily happen in any big org. 

• Like 4