The Last of Us 2: Remastered listed on Naughty Dog dev’s LinkedIn

breakXedge

spacer.png

I think any big company is going to take an opportunity to make money at any cost. I’m new to the franchise, so I’ll happily wait for the newest version. But having a remaster for a game this recent seems a little bit unnecessary.

Edited by SmileSlice
Updated image.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

This is just a depressing post.

"Could I just redownload a game I enjoyed and play it again? Nah, I'd rather pay £70 to play it again."

Well lets see, I know I said I hope they add stuff but I believe they will. Also its my money, I can do with that what I want. Lastly I support my favorite studio of all time. Oh lets not even get into the collectible side of this, what if I want a copy of the PS4 and PS5 version? To make you even more depressed, I also have the Ellie Edition unopened as well. You also missed the point where I said I want to platinum it again.

Edited by kdogg_gamer_
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Mr_Tenno777 said:

I bought the game at Walmart for ten dollars, and I have it in my shelf, still sealed, and I haven't played it. I heard nothing but devisive things on the game. 

It's always better to play it and make your own thoughts about it, there's a lot of games I like that aren't popular at all.

Also, if you're going to listen to critics, it's better to hear from comments like the one from BlindMango just below you, instead of the same old "woke" complains from three years ago, which makes me worry about the amount of daytime hours these people spend outside.

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

You heard it here first, devs. Don't go to the hassle of making new games. Just re-release the ones you made three years ago. Easy money and almost no work involved.

PS5 is turning into the shittest generation purely due to encouraged laziness.

Well its been basically leaked that they are not only working on TLOU3 but also a brand new IP.

hopefully if it actually is a directors cut they fix the god awful story and pacing.

jesus, seeing so many people in this thread saying theyre gonna buy a 3 year old game they already platinumed and played multiple times is depressing. no wonder modern day game development is so awful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

You heard it here first, devs. Don't go to the hassle of making new games. Just re-release the ones you made three years ago. Easy money and almost no work involved.

spacer.png

Let people buy what they want, specially if you're not going to follow your own rules.

Edited by Jeanolt

7 minutes ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

I downloaded the online mode when it was free. I've only bought GTA 5 once on PS4.

You also have Uncharted Legacy of Thieves, Death Stranding Director's Cut, Overcooked 1+2 Remastered, and all of that just looking at the first games in your page. 

Come on, don't judge people by doing something it's ok to do (while you also support these practices), everyone can buy whatever they want with their money. The only shame in life is stealing or causing harm to other people.

10 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

You also have Uncharted Legacy of Thieves, Death Stranding Director's Cut, Overcooked 1+2 Remastered, and all of that just looking at the first games in your page. 

Come on, don't judge people by doing something it's ok to do (while you also support these practices), everyone can buy whatever they want with their money. The only shame in life is stealing or causing harm to other people.

Uncharted was £10 and included a cinema ticket. The other two I played through Plus.

Anything else?

1 hour ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

Uncharted was £10 and included a cinema ticket. The other two I played through Plus.

Anything else?

So you paid for Uncharted, I bought many games at 10$, it doesn't matter the price lol. The other games win per download, and whenever they share the amount of players they have, you are one of them.

In your own words, you are "encouraging laziness":

4 hours ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

PS5 is turning into the shittest generation purely due to encouraged laziness.

Edited by Jeanolt

13 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

So you paid for Uncharted, I bought many games at 10$, it doesn't matter the price lol. The other games win per download, and whenever they share the amount of players they have, you are one of them.

In your own words, you are "encouraging laziness":

By downloading free games I haven't played before?

I'm not paying £70 a pop for the same thing I played two years before.

When the game first came out, I wasn't exactly a 'hater' but I was severely disappointed with the game and its story. But upon reflection and multiple playthroughs later I think this is probably a better story than the original, much more complex than the original at the very least. And while I still can't really decide whether I like the 1st or 2nd more, I think they still both hold as 2 of the best games ever. A 3rd game of the same calibur could make this the best gaming trilogy ever made.

While I'd much rather they put resources into making a 3rd game instead of remastering this, I'm absolutely going to eat this up (on sale), I can't wait to play this again.

• Like 1

I've been waiting or expecting a PS5 native version of the game to be honest am surprised it's taking as long as it has being a flagship title of last gen.  Why wouldn't they leverage the specific benefits the PS5 console can give? Haptic controller feedback, 3D pulse audio, improvements in res, image quality, shadow, lighting, possibly something ray tracing relevant? etc.  As long as I'm not expected to pay more than £10 for an upgrade, similar to something like Death Stranding or FF7 Re make then it's fine.  And people who never played the game get to try it for the first time in its best version. 

I just think people could put their energy elsewhere at more egregious things like where's the gameplay for some new PlayStation Studio's 1st party announcements, Sony?

The more I see TLOU, the more I'm sick of TLOU. I love the games, or rather the stories because between Uncharted and TLOU, the ND gameplay formula is starting to get quite old. I love the TV show. 

But similar to a favorite, let's say, football player - if you see one guy everywhere, you get sick of seeing him. 

The game looks great, it's 60fps on PS5. The only thing that would even begin to justify a full price tag for this would be to make it look as impressive on the PS5 as TLOU2 was on the PS4, and I think we're a few years away from PS5 games reaching that level of graphical optimization on the current hardware. 

My biggest issue with Part 2 is that it's just too long. Others have also said that the pacing could use some work. Would be funny if they'd revamp the story and the game's pacing to the point that we actually get less of the story content for the same price. It could actually become a better game, but imagine the shitstorm... 

It would still sell though, it's TLOU after all.