The Last of Us 2: Remastered listed on Naughty Dog dev’s LinkedIn

breakXedge

Cash grab for sure.  I can't say I'm a fan of remakes.  I still play on my PS3 and Vita.  Just platinumed Demon's Souls a couple months ago and I was happy enough with the graphics and performance.  But that's me.  I don't care for the whole remake-a-game-for-the-new-generation-of-consoles thing.  I like to play the original.  Again, that's just me. 

EDIT: I'd much rather see new games in the form of sequels to popular series or brand new IPs, but I guess I'm asking for too much. 

EDIT DOS: Since this topic is about a Naughty Dog, I would give almost anything for a new Uncharted game.  Here's hoping. 

Edited by SoliDeoGloriaIHS
  • Like 2

Day one purchase for me as this is one of my favorite games of all time. I would love to platinum it again and go through grounded/permadeath (by chapter) in one run again. I only played through it 2.5 times, it was just too emotionally draining after that. I do hope it is a directors cut with added things in it though, possibly a mini DLC/expansion?

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

…and the sex scene between Abbi and her ex was gratuitous [ feel sorry for actors in mo-cap ].

Arguably, this meme is the one good thing that came out of it.

One of the video game moments of all time, if you ask me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Viper said:

I've had TLoU2 sitting on my shelf for awhile now, unplayed. Eventually got to a point where I was just like "might as well wait for the PS5 version"...it's not like we didn't know it was coming at some point. I'll just wait and pay the $10 to upgrade it.  

I bought the game at Walmart for ten dollars, and I have it in my shelf, still sealed, and I haven't played it. I heard nothing but devisive things on the game. 

• Like 2

On 10/7/2023 at 2:18 PM, Mr_Tenno777 said:

I bought the game at Walmart for ten dollars, and I have it in my shelf, still sealed, and I haven't played it. I heard nothing but devisive things on the game. 

Same here.

Spent the remaining credit off an EB Games gift card I received on my birthday last year and I intend on platting this glorified sequel by year’s end. I don’t plan on making it a milestone because (in my opinion) viewing a profile with Every Last One of Them as their *insert number here* platinum/trophy is seriously cliché.

EDIT: I didn’t get to popping the plat before the end of 2023 but rather days into 2024 because by golly it’s a looooooong game. I don’t take back my use of the word “glorified”. You see it’s good, however absolutely not worth being the receiver of the most G.O.T.Y. awards at the time and I’m glad that thanks to Elden Ring it’s no longer the current holder of that record (whatever it takes for Neil Druckmann’s pretentious arrogance to be encouraged any less, I guess).

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Mr_Tenno777 said:

I mean sure, we've all heard the controversy. But I never let that sway me, as frankly I don't know what to believe...either the game is woke garbage or people are being transphobic or it's best game in the world. I don't have a problem with Trans people, and the "everything is woke because it focused on a woman" thing isn't a narrative I really worry about in my entertainment. My reason for not playing it right away was because I wasn't completely in love with the first game like most people are (Uncharted > TLoU IMO)...so the sequel was always going to be something I had to be in the mood for, but then I took long enough that I just realized a PS5 version was likely inevitable and if I haven't played the PS4 version yet, then might as well play the best version of it when it comes. 

If anything, I'm more interested in playing it BECAUSE of the controversy than because it's The Last of Us, wanting to see what all the drama is really about, but being pretty sure it's overblown as usual.