US PSN May’s Instant Game Collection

JaM

SOURCE:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/24/preview-mays-instant-game-collection/

Next month PlayStation Plus members will receive several games as part of their membership including Stick it to the Man! on PS4, Puppeteer, PES 2014 and Skullgirls Encore on PlayStation 3, and Limbo and Surge Deluxe on PS Vita. Several of these titles are a visual treat, boasting distinct, vibrant art styles.

Stick it to the Man! is a mix of point and click adventure puzzles plus a bit of platforming, and the animation-inspired art style is really slick. You’ll solve problems as Ray, a regular guy who wakes up one day with a giant pink hand floating out of his head. This pink hand gives him the ability to read people’s minds and grab stickers from their thoughts to use in the world.

On PS3 members will receive three very different titles: the award-winning, uber-charming platformer Puppeteer, the popular soccer simulator Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 and the indie-darling fighter with a crazy roster, Skullgirls Encore. Puppeteer is a visual treat that follows the story of a boy named Kutaro who gets turned into a puppet by the evil Moon Bear King (great name) and loses his head. After the transformation Kutaro must borrow other heads and use his fancy new pair of scissors to navigate the world and return home (preferably with his original head). Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 allows you to play as your favorite soccer team and pit them against teams from around the globe. The improved FOX Engine means that the soccer ball will be much more fluid than previous PES games. The 2D fighter Skullgirls Encore houses a bunch of wacky characters, each with their own unique attack style. The Encore version has new systems, balance updates, stages and music and a few new characters to mess around with.

PS Vita owners will get to download Surge Deluxe, an intense color-matching title and the critically-acclaimed puzzle platformer Limbo. The action in Surge Deluxe heats up quickly as you chain together color-coordinated blocks. The faster you move the more likely you are to be successful — taking too long means the pressure will build up in the pipes surrounding the screen and BOOM! Game over. If you haven’t played Limbo yet you’ll be in for a real treat when it comes to the Instant Game Collection for PS Vita. Limbo’s haunting atmosphere, intriguing puzzles and vague narrative make this a game you’ll remember for a long time.

TO SUMMARIZE:

PS4: 

Stick it to the Man! 

PS3:
Puppeteer
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014
Skullgirls Encore

VITA:
Surge Deluxe
Limbo

THOUGHTS?

Edited by jeieem
  • Like 2

Nothing for me. However, I can say that since the beginning of the IGC there's been less than 10 titles that I would have downloaded so just about every month there's nothing I'm interested in.

There does seem to be a nice variety in game types this month though.

Edited by BooneJusticius

Hm. Not really interested in any of these titles, except for maybe Puppeteer (and Skullgirls, but I have that). I'm still willing to try the games out regardless, however; PS+ has pleasantly surprised me before. :)

how's skullgirls? is it good? can you compare it to other fighting games? like Blazblue perhaps... :awesome:

my thoughts:

PS4: 

Stick it to the Man! -if not cross-buy... can't tell since I don't have a PS4 yet... another additional games in download list

PS3:
Puppeteer - interesting... could be put in my backlog list...
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 - meh... never (and even dreamed) played soccer game in real life and even in games
Skullgirls Encore - hmmm.. a fighting game... I haven't played the non-encore version so I might give this a try

VITA - sooo disappointed... we didn't have a PSP game but they replaced it by 2 games that didn't even provide a plat...
Surge Deluxe - hmmm... another game I haven't played before...think it's strange another FuturLab game... maybe in preparation for release of velocity ultra sequel?
Limbo - somehow seen this one coming since it has been put on sale so many times and I have thought it will be included in IGC like some other games like Thomas was alone, Stealth and Lone Survivor...

I'll finally get to try Puppeteer!! Might try Stick it to the Man! or Surge.  Otherwise the rest I have on Steam or... soccer... >.> Never been into sports games as I rather actually play the sport. Limbo and Skullgirls worth a try for those that haven't tried them before though :)

how's skullgirls? is it good? can you compare it to other fighting games? like Blazblue perhaps... :awesome:

In the interest of full disclosure, I haven't played it enough to form an opinion on it. I was going to, but then I got distracted by BlazBlue ChronoPhantasma. Haha. :)

• Like 1

I think when you consider how much free stuff we get for our yearly sub, any criticism of the PS+ game line-up each month is void.

Even if you only have a run of 1-2 great months of games - you've already made back what you paid for the subscription.

I can see how some people are upset about buying one or two of the games just before they are added to the free game line-up though :)

Edited by Captain_Cutscene