No Return Mode - Official Trailer

Flynnerigan

I love how they made reload sound matched to countdown ticking. Good editing!

They show almost no mechanics (how you will progress etc), but still I'm quite hyped!

edit: Here is the video from original source, so you can watch in 4K not in 720p

Edited by NieSwiety

1 minute ago, Baker said:

I hate roguelikes. So what exactly is this? A DLC or a standalone?

It's a new game mode coming with the remaster in January. No confirmation in terms of trophies just yet or as NieSwiety mentioned, mechanics.

It'd be cool if they added a cooperative mode like Remnant's survival mode (with less connectivity problems!).

• Like 2

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much upon hearing of this, but No Return does look surprisingly fun. It reminds me of stuff like the old Gears of War Horde and RE Mercenaries modes, while the progression and roguelike elements seem somewhat reminiscent of Hitman's Freelancer.

The variety of playable characterseach equipped with different loadouts and such, I assume—is quite nice, as well. Playable Lev! What's more, I'm really digging the alternate costumes, such as that Mad Max style one for Abby. I'd definitely wear them, provided that I can actually unlock 'em via gameplay, rather than lousy microtransactions.

All in all, I wouldn't be averse to paying ten bucks for this. Additionally, I'm glad to hear that the upgrade price also applies to the physical version, since that's what I own. One does wonder if they're settling for this in lieu of a new Factions mode, however, considering that development wasn't going great. And, yeah, co-op seems like a no-brainer here. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...