The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2024

Funny how you posted about Black Ops right after I posted about Black Ops Cold War :D 

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

Not since World at War or maybe MW2 have I actually enjoyed a campaign story so much. Black Ops excels in this department.

Those 3 are universally regarded as the best campaigns, and even overall games, in addition to Black Ops 2. And Cold War, MW 2019. My personal top 3 campaigns as well.

2 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

It’s a damn shame about the state of Black Ops 2 as I would have loved to check out that one next. I really enjoyed earning all the trophies for this one and getting some more experience with zombies, so I think I’ll definitely have to tackle another CoD game for the UR cleanup this year. As of now, I’m thinking my next one will probably be Black Ops Cold War or BO3. Tony’s post above definitely got me leaning into that Cold War though. 😁

I also just bought a PS5 a couple weeks ago, so I’ve been taking a bit of a detour to check out some PS5 games. 

It really is... :( 

Haha, yeah, I'd recommend you Cold War for sure, specially the PS5 version. Congrats on the PS5 too!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Funny how you posted about Black Ops right after I posted about Black Ops Cold War :D 

Yes I was thinking the same thing haha. I enjoyed your write up though, I was already thinking about checking out Cold War next after I finished BO1 and your praise for it helped sell me on it.

Are you able to elaborate at all on the mp trophies ‘Party Patrol’ and ‘Mean Machine’? Apparently Fireteam is dead, and I just joined a boosting group that is recruiting for these trophies but there’s some confusion on how many people are needed to get a match going. I’ve read as little as 8 and as many as 40 when I Googled it. 😳

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yes I was thinking the same thing haha. I enjoyed your write up though, I was already thinking about checking out Cold War next after I finished BO1 and your praise for it helped sell me on it.

Are you able to elaborate at all on the mp trophies ‘Party Patrol’ and ‘Mean Machine’? Apparently Fireteam is dead, and I just joined a boosting group that is recruiting for these trophies but there’s some confusion on how many people are needed to get a match going. I’ve read as little as 8 and as many as 40 when I Googled it. 😳

Thanks! :D Good to hear.

Yes. About party patrol, I think it was 16, the minimum number to start, but I remember reading it was 32 or something like that, close to the 40 you are mentioning. The reason I even started this game last year is because someone I know started gathering people for this Party Patrol trophy, and they were counting the number of people, consoles, and second controllers (for splitscreen), to get as many players and dummies as possible to start the games. But that didn't work out, as not everyone showed up and we weren't that many anyway, and most importantly, we were able to find some people playing so using second consoles was not really needed, maybe sometimes if you were missing 1 or 2 to start.

What we did in the end is, stay in the lobby, searching for like an hour (usually less), waiting for people to join during Fridays and the weekend. And we were able to find games that way. Then, we'd try and have 1 squad of 4 and 1 squad of 2. The 4 men squad hid in a corner of the map away from the action, and the other two killed. One hid close to them to let the other one spawn should he be killed by other people playing. Then after finishing, swap roles. Yes, the other squad needed to parachute and rendevous on the same point all the time after dying. And randoms were a problem sometimes.

This would be 6 people, but you can also do it with 5, having only one killer (sucks if you get killed and have to rendevous again), and with 4 people, as the squad wipe medals require to kill a squad of 3 or 4 people. So killing 3 buddies works. The problem is, random people will join that squad and make it a 4 player one, so now you have to wait until that guy dies and then kill your 3 buddies QUICKLY. And of course, you'll get the pros or the mega campers. So best be 5 players. Randoms can also join your squad and mess things up, spawning close to you and killing... Or look at what you're doing perplexed lol. So yeah, if you are able to find games, 5 people is all you need. Now if you could be 8 that'd be even better as you wouldn't get randoms in any of the 2 squads. Use a silencer to not attract attention.

For Mean Machine, I got a lot of kills playing Combined Arms, in the Armada map the guide mentions, with tanks and snowbikes running people over lol, as well as with boats in another map. And simply using the RC-XD car as a scorestreak in more populated modes. This is the way to go, though it takes some time. You can combine it with calling the 50 scorestreaks and winning 50 times trophies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tony_snake_24 said:

snip

I saw a group for this trophy forming up yesterday so I joined and downloaded the game asap. Idk how populated Fireteam is anymore but it’s at least a relief to know extra consoles + split screen can shave those numbers down. As long as we get a core group of dedicated boosters we will have a chance at getting some games going.

I don’t wanna spam the thread so if I have anymore questions I’ll PM you directly. Really appreciate the info though, I’ll relay this to the group. Cheers. 

• Like 1

I'm not in the challenge and I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask but I'd love to get the platinum in Red Dead redemption 2 one day. Just getting to 100% game completion will take some work, but it's the only trophies that would probably kill the run for me. I never play online games, how doable are the online trophies or am I just screwed?

• Like 1

I'd love to join please!

From reading the rules, I'm interpreting it that only games I complete from now count yes?

Think I have 3 that I've finished completing in 2024 that had Ultra Rare's, but just confirming they don't count now? 

Thanks

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Platinum_Vice said:

It's definitely achievable but it will take a lot of time. For me, the campaigh took 100 hours, then single player clean up took another 50-70, and multiplayer took another 70-80.

For more strats for the online trophies, check the guide here. The forum for that specific game will have a lot of information and separate topics as the game has been very popular. Keep a look out in that forum for Husky's compendium helper to assist with the single player animal trophies. 

The game IS an Ultra Rare on this site, so if you do seek to join this Community Event in this particular thread where we are now, be sure to declare that you're joining this event before you achieve the platinum, so it can count as your first of five Ultra Rare completions for 2024, and so we know that you're definitely part of this event.

Happy hunting 🫡

All right then I'll declare I'm joining for Red Dead redemption 2. I'm not really one to have the skill level to go after the ones that require twitch reflexes, but this is more of just a time grind I think. Also one of my favorite games ever so I'd just love to have it in my collection. Might not start for a bit though. I haven't played the first game since it came out and never did the DLC so think I'l getting started on that first then get to this. Anyway good luck to everyone going for multiple games. I'll be lucky if I get this one done. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mickh59 said:

I'd love to join please!

From reading the rules, I'm interpreting it that only games I complete from now count yes?

Think I have 3 that I've finished completing in 2024 that had Ultra Rare's, but just confirming they don't count now? 

Thanks

Yes that is correct. Only games from the moment of signing up counts.

Welcome :D 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Baker said:

First of all congrats on the platinum in B4B @Extant but this event requires 100% completion for a game to count.

So good luck with No Hope difficulty!

Gotcha. I'll remove it now and update it again in a few days. Only have Act 6 left to do.

Thanks