-Warning- platinum might lock

Wyvern321

Update: Rejoice fellow gamers! This has now been completely FIXED as of the latest update! :)

DO NOT complete the very last career mode level after the recent update.

It has been confirmed by multiple players that it seemingly locks you out from getting the trophy for completing the career mode. It has been confirmed that it happens regardless of whether or not you were already on the last level when the update hit. It also happens whether you began playing the game before or after the latest update hit. Currently the only possible ways to get the trophy are if you never updated to the latest version or if you have the disc version.

It will likely be fixed in future updates, but we cannot know for certain that it will be obtainable if you have already been locked out.

The dev team has multiple times stated that they are aware of the bug and are working on fixing it:

Edited by Wyvern321
It was a bit outdated
  • Like 4

The parts I completed before the update showed as uncompleted after the update, both in the progress bar and in the menu. But I finished the level and the percentage remained at 100% even though it showed that I hadn't cleaned some parts.

A friend of mine said it reset what he had done.

By all means, you'd better download the latest save from the cloud if you have one.

Thanks for the update!

I was in the middle of cleaning up the Lost Palace (or whatever it's called) before the patch hit. I'll let this game sit for now then and play something else while they fix it.

Suffice it to say, I'm pretty much done with this game. It may be zen for some, but for me it was mostly just a drag. Definitely not my cup of tea.

• Like 3

On 12/15/2023 at 9:47 PM, MaIkavyan said:

Just happened to me now!

I was on the boat mission when the update hits, was 76% and had to redone the level, than the UFO and did the temple last. No trophy after cleaning the jewel and after the credits. 😡

Exactly the same thing here. Update hit while I was doing the fishing boat. It was annoying because I lost some progress and had to redo parts I had cleaned.

Finished the game yesterday and didn't get the gold.

😭

Hi. Just finished game today and no trophy. Research shows similar issue on PC back in April. In that one, you could get achievement by replying on free play. I see one comment that it doesn't work but has any one else tried. Say, after restarting game?

I have just searched this up. I come back from work, final level nearly finished. Every so often I would get lag spikes in the middle of cleaning. 3 times the game crashed on me, so close to completion. I finally clean up the diamond right when another stutter starts happening. I hear that FINAL ding... but no platinum chime. I sit through the credits, hoping that it was just delayed. No dice. Now I find out the newest update glitched career mode.

I had plans on doing the DLCs regardless of trophies. Now I just want this bug fixed so I can rid myself of this mess.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AName_Among_Many said:

I have just searched this up. I come back from work, final level nearly finished. Every so often I would get lag spikes in the middle of cleaning. 3 times the game crashed on me, so close to completion. I finally clean up the diamond right when another stutter starts happening. I hear that FINAL ding... but no platinum chime. I sit through the credits, hoping that it was just delayed. No dice. Now I find out the newest update glitched career mode.

I had plans on doing the DLCs regardless of trophies. Now I just want this bug fixed so I can rid myself of this mess.

As a side note - stuttering and lag is a whole other issue. You should be able to fix that by disabling auto-saves in the options menu. 

I started this yesterday with all updates etc installed.

Having just seen this thread now, is it a case of the update halting the plat if you started the game prior to the patch or has it just borked the plat regardless?

I just started the kids play area level last night in the career mode and so far, have had no issues in general (gameplay, trophies, framerate etc).

10 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

I started this yesterday with all updates etc installed.

Having just seen this thread now, is it a case of the update halting the plat if you started the game prior to the patch or has it just borked the plat regardless?

I just started the kids play area level last night in the career mode and so far, have had no issues in general (gameplay, trophies, framerate etc).

Apparently it's buggy regardless (though I had no issues getting it at launch) but the 1.11 patch has made the problem worse.

45 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Apparently it's buggy regardless (though I had no issues getting it at launch) but the 1.11 patch has made the problem worse.

Well aside from a back up save which I have, I guess seeing what happens as I get nearer the end, is something i'll report back on.

'Buggy' is something i'll take, as it may be that it pops, but if its unobtainble due to this patch, it's annoying more than anything.