-Warning- platinum might lock

Wyvern321

3 minutes ago, Anasthesaint said:

Great! 

I just had my first trophy yesterday..

After what i read,,should I be worried?

Does anyone knows what to do?

All you can do is backup your save before starting the final mission, then restore it if the trophy doesn't pop but if that doesn't work, your only other option is to wait until the devs fix the problem :(.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Apparently it's buggy regardless (though I had no issues getting it at launch) but the 1.11 patch has made the problem worse.

My PS5 keeps trying to download 1.010. I keep stopping and deleting the download. Is this the patch that you’re referring to? I first played this game on December 13th, the day after the two threads related to this topic were created, and no updates were available at that time

I've just checked the last 5 players to earn the plat which they all did yesterday 17th Dec.

Interestingly, all 5 earned trophies before and after the updates with some starting the game just under a year ago (not sure if their copies are physical mind, where they can patch roll-back) but it may be that the plat and trophies are indeed still achieveable and maybe buggy for some if you don't earn the plat/trophies when expected??

Hopefully it's still doable for most.

• Like 2

I fell victim to this when the game updated, it borked my progress in the subway level. Downloading an older save from the cloud didn't fix the problem either, it still showed wonky progress, so I was seemingly screwed no matter what I did. I finished the game last night and as some others have mentioned, credits rolled but no trophy for finishing career mode.

I really wish the game let you replay levels within career mode and not just in free play, I'd be willing to play the subway level again if that would fix it.

Even if this is fixed in a subsequent patch, it's kinda killed any ambition I had for playing this game further. Oh well, I still had fun, I'm not going to dwell on it.

21 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

Interestingly, all 5 earned trophies before and after the updates with some starting the game just under a year ago (not sure if their copies are physical mind, where they can patch roll-back) but it may be that the plat and trophies are indeed still achieveable and maybe buggy for some if you don't earn the plat/trophies when expected??

The problem occurs for people with save files containing partially completed levels. So if some players had finished a level 100%, saved, the game updated, and they returned to the game and started the next level, the update wouldn't be problem for them.

1 hour ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

My PS5 keeps trying to download 1.010. I keep stopping and deleting the download. Is this the patch that you’re referring to? I first played this game on December 13th, the day after the two threads related to this topic were created, and no updates were available at that time

The PS5 1.10 and PS4 1.11 are the same update, just with different version numbers. Also, you can fix the reset mission completion by using the in-game reset option to wipe the progress of the glitched items so you can re-clean them from scratch.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

I completed the last career level, didn't get the trophy and it was the last I needed for the platinum. I also completed the new christmas level and all the bonus ones just in case but nothing happened.

Anyone know if the dlc trophies (spongebob and bttf) are working correctly?  Might do that while I'm waiting for the devs to fix the career one.

12 minutes ago, Devil-Danna said:

I completed the last career level, didn't get the trophy and it was the last I needed for the platinum. I also completed the new christmas level and all the bonus ones just in case but nothing happened.

Anyone know if the dlc trophies (spongebob and bttf) are working correctly?  Might do that while I'm waiting for the devs to fix the career one.

DLC trophies are fine mate. I did them over the weekend, whilst waiting for a fix myself. You can see on my profile for reassurance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashbo said:

I've just checked the last 5 players to earn the plat which they all did yesterday 17th Dec.

Hopefully it's still doable for most.

I guess I'm one of those people that earned the trophy yesterday (on PS4).

Actually I just got lucky that at the time the patch rolled out I was at work and by the time I got home I saw the thread about the game being messed up so I just disconnected my PS4 from the internet while playing and didn't update my game. Still on patch 1.10 (PS4)

I'm sorry I can't be much help and I hope this gets fixed soon for everyone!

• Like 1

Yes, one more confirmation, happened to me.
I hadn't seen this before, so I replayed the last level on free play and sure enough still didn't get. The last level is such a horrible end to an otherwise enjoyable game. Making me complete it 3 times (next one when/if patch drops) just soured retroactively the whole experience.

• Like 1

Man, this is the month of broken trophies.

2k Drive is broken and softlocks you for the platinum and Powerwash Simulator as well.

At least the developers of Powerwash Simulator seem to be taking care of the problem, because those at 2k Drive are only concerned with how to generate more money via microtransactions.

• Like 3

On every platform this game is a mess. The wife plays on PC and the amount of progress, the hours of her life, she has lost would destroy my soul. Incredible this dev can get such an uncomplicated game so devastatingly wrong. I won’t touch it with a bargepole after what I’ve seen.

From what I’ve heard, the PS4 version is a lot more reliable than the PS5 version, fyi

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

On every platform this game is a mess. The wife plays on PC and the amount of progress, the hours of her life, she has lost would destroy my soul. Incredible this dev can get such an uncomplicated game so devastatingly wrong. I won’t touch it with a bargepole after what I’ve seen.

From what I’ve heard, the PS4 version is a lot more reliable than the PS5 version, fyi

What issues have you run in to on pc? 

I've been playing the ps5 version and the only issue I've come across is the game crashed a couple of times in the middle of doing challenge levels. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Azure Kite said:

I've been playing the ps5 version and the only issue I've come across is the game crashed a couple of times in the middle of doing challenge levels. 

This^

I'm on the PS4 but other than a single crash, a few minor framerate issues and some infrequent weirdness with the Scaffolding, I've had no issues of note with this game 🤔.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

I'm playing on the ps4 version, and honestly I never had any issue. Game runs perfectly. I completed the whole career and all bonus levels and never had any crash or framerate issue.
The only bad thing that happened to me is this trophy glitch. Final level took me 6 hours to complete, so I'm just gonna wait for a patch, make sure it works before replaying this insane level.
I was gonna play the whole game again on ps5 but judging by what people say it's the worst version, I'm not so sure I'll do it after all 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rover_Libra said:

I have this issue too.

I did the stupid thing and delete my entire save file, both on the console and on the cloud...Here's hoping that deleting the saves will work somehow.

I also wanna bring something up. You know when you're playing a PS5 game and it has that card that tells you all the activities you are doing/still to do? When I check that, it always stays at 0%

9 hours ago, Devil-Danna said:

I'm playing on the ps4 version, and honestly I never had any issue. Game runs perfectly. I completed the whole career and all bonus levels and never had any crash or framerate issue.
The only bad thing that happened to me is this trophy glitch. Final level took me 6 hours to complete, so I'm just gonna wait for a patch, make sure it works before replaying this insane level.
I was gonna play the whole game again on ps5 but judging by what people say it's the worst version, I'm not so sure I'll do it after all 😅

True,PS5 ver is worse than ps4 ver,I played and platted ps4 ver last month and never had any crash/framerate/screen freeze/performance issue throughout 40hours and I had 3 crashes throughout 20 hours on PS5 ver lol , brace yourself if you wanna tackling PS5 ver like currently I am doing now 

The final career level is caused by recent update,seems affected ps4 and PS5 ver, so well,wait for the new patch

On 12/18/2023 at 11:23 PM, Azure Kite said:

There is a long running issue with save progress not saving or synching. It’s got to the point where it’s 50/50 whether she’ll actually have anything to show for hours of play when she turns the game off. Not say  in my that’s the case in PlayStation, but gives me an indication the devs don’t really care about fixing even major bugs, let alone ones related to trophies which many devs don’t care about anyway.