Bingo Bonanza 2024

11 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Unfortunately it looks like I won't ever get a Blackout on my card due to the "Release the Year You Joined PSNP", as I was basing it on the year I started putting up accounts for PSNP, which was 2009... and unless I want to buy one of the big PS3 uglies off of Amazon.com as you can't buy them anymore(Hannah Montana or Terminator Salvation, which were the EZPZ back in their day), the only option would be Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time, and the last time I played THAT game, the game froze in the middle of a cutscene and was unplayable. (I don't know if it was a physical version I was playing but that traumatized me as the scene froze on Dr. Nefarious's ugly robotic face. :()

Best I can go for is a Triple Bingo as I have several slots where I can get a Bingo. If there was a list of cult favorites I could see if that's a feasible spot for me.

Can you get a month of PS Plus Premium? I am playing Infamous (PS3) streaming on my PS5 and it's perfectly fine and fun combat. I looked out of curiosity and oddly it was also released in 2009. Anyway, good luck whatever you choose to go for.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Biscoito18 said:

But isn't this challenge about the year you joined PSN Profiles? It says you joined last year. @ProfSeajay7 

THIS account was made last year. My first account was made in 2009. Yes, I have made multiple accounts, some which only got a few games. I put up my first account on this sight in 2009. Still, I will look over the advice to look at re-releases. Not a fan of the Arkham series or Uncharted, but I can find something. ;)

NOTE: I saw The Dracula X Chronicles and Dracula X was re-released on the Castlevania Advance Collection but that has four games on it.

Edited by ProfSeajay7

48 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

THIS account was made last year. My first account was made in 2009. Yes, I have made multiple accounts, some which only got a few games. I put up my first account on this sight in 2009. Still, I will look over the advice to look at re-releases. Not a fan of the Arkham series or Uncharted, but I can find something. ;)

NOTE: I saw The Dracula X Chronicles and Dracula X was re-released on the Castlevania Advance Collection but that has four games on it.

Well, you joined this event with the account you posted your question with, so I would think it would be based on THAT account. Especially considering that I'm like 99% sure that having multiple accounts is against PSNP's TOS. IIRC, you even mentioned in your checklist that you were directly told by a mod that it isn't allowed.

I'm certainly no rat (plus it seems the mods are aware of what you're doing anyway), so I don't want to derail this thread by having some kind of debate about it, but it seems illogical and more work on yourself to be choosing what games you qualify for in this event based on another account.

9 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Especially considering that I'm like 99% sure that having multiple accounts is against PSNP's TOS. IIRC, you even mentioned in your checklist that you were directly told by a mod that it isn't allowed.

I was told by mods that having multiple forum accounts and swapping them wasn't allowed. They never said anything about having multiple Playstation accounts on the site. If they did, they would have deleted some of my older accounts like PrinnyBoy238. 😜

But yeah, I guess it would be easier if I just used a game released in 2023 and claimed that as my "Released in the year you joined" as my slot. No point in dredging up the past. Anyways, I am going to Utah soon so I don't want that hanging over me during my visit to Salt Lake. :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hyousai said:

Since I appear to have gotten the "Recommended by a PSNP Member" square, I'd like to request recommendations. Nothing multiplayer or sports focused, please.

Congratulations on the blackout, @hyousai🎉 I saw that you have several great games that you just started and moved on and among them there is TOEM. I played it a little while ago and it's one of the best indie game I've ever played. I think you will love it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biscoito18 said:

Congratulations on the blackout, @hyousai🎉 I saw that you have several great games that you just started and moved on and among them there is TOEM. I played it a little while ago and it's one of the best indie game I've ever played. I think you will love it.

Yeah, a lot of games fell by the wayside. I'd download a few, focus on one, then after I finished something else caught my eye. I'll give TOEM another look.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 2:12 PM, hyousai said:

Since I appear to have gotten the "Recommended by a PSNP Member" square, I'd like to request recommendations. Nothing multiplayer or sports focused, please.

First off, congrats on blackout!

As for a recommendation, I'd recommend Bayonetta. It's easily one of the best action games out there, and I'm honestly pretty surprised it's not on your profile based on other games you've played. Seems like something you'd probably like. Definitely get the PS4 version though. The PS3 version is kind of a dumpster fire.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

First off, congrats on blackout!

As for a recommendation, I'd recommend Bayonetta. It's easily one of the best action games out there, and I'm honestly pretty surprised it's not on your profile based on other games you've played. Seems like something you'd probably like. Definitely get the PS4 version though. The PS3 version is kind of a dumpster fire.

I've considered it. I own the game on PC, which is the main reason I haven't gone for the console version. Maybe if I spot it on a deep enough sale.

22 minutes ago, Copanele said:

All I am missing is a horror/frightening game...my one weakness.

There has to be some 2D horror-like game out there :lol: hopefully!

Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story jumps to mind.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Copanele said:

All I am missing is a horror/frightening game...my one weakness.

There has to be some 2D horror-like game out there :lol: hopefully!

You didn't ask for recs, but Inside, Omori, Little Nightmares and Limbo come to mind!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reapover said:

You didn't ask for recs, but Inside, Omori, Little Nightmares and Limbo come to mind!

Thanks thanks! Inside could work, Limbo has some skin crawling moments that I am not too fond of :lol: 

I also was considering Source of Madness, it's got Eldritch Horror, it's more disturbing than frightening but it should work.

51 minutes ago, hyousai said:

Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story jumps to mind.

Imma be honest, "horror" is not the first thing that jumped into my mind when I saw the cover for the game :lol: but i kept hearing that the story is pretty good?

Thanks for the recommendations! These are definitely more manageable than something like RE7 :D 

• Like 2

On 5/11/2024 at 3:18 PM, ProfSeajay7 said:

I think I can finish two Bingos this weekend. I found a game that was censored in America(visual novel) but I just need a Cult Favorite, and I don't know where I can find a list of those or what games classify as one. I could put down a Player's Choice but I am going to save that for later as my last choice was long done by the time I thought about using it. <_<

There is actually a lot of list, you just have to look for cult following games or hidden gems since the usually are the same.

https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Videojuegos_de_culto

There is that one that is in spanish, but shouldn't be a problem to understand it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-best-cult-video-games-of-all-time/1100-6503704/

https://m.imdb.com/list/ls050352013/

There are whatculture videos and stuff like that, basically hidden gems or niche games tend to be.

@GT__Jedi you should definitely check out The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. It builds on the game mechanics of Ace Attorney, has new characters and setting and improved animated graphics. The mystery that spans the duology is really good as well 😊

• Like 1