Currently, PS STARS points and collection items are not available

Bought some items on three different days and made the following experience:

I did not earn points when I was buying items via the PS app, but buying items via PS5 I did earn points.

- Bought two items (Expansion passes for two games) on 30. December 23 via the PS App = No points.

- Bought one item (Expansion pass for one game) on 01. January 24 via the PS App = No points.

- Bought three items (One expansion pass, one game bundle and one separate game) on 04. January 24 via my PS5 console = Got points for each of these items. But did not receive points for the items bought before.

Will try to contact support tomorrow. Will respond here if I get any news.

(No issues with collectibles and challenges on my end.)

• Like 1

Maybe I just got lucky (as I seemingly always do whenever I reach out to Sony), but I was getting no points from purchases from 12/26 up to 1/2, and the trophy section of PlayStation Stars on the app was showing “Null” for most of that period. I reached out to Sony on the 27th about an $80 purchase, they said they needed to escalate that but they are aware of the issue and I should either get a response or see my points within 5 business days. I made another purchase on the 29th, and one last one on January 2nd, also with no points (though the Trophy Null thing had resolved itself.) Contacted Sony a second time to check the status of the original claim and ensure the two additional purchases were accounted for.

They told me it was a known issue affecting the system, thanked me for bringing the additional transactions to their attention, appended them to my case, apologized that the original transaction hadn’t been resolved, but that they expected all of it would be resolved by the end of the week. 

On January 3rd, I got a random notification of 200 points being added to my account; when checked, it was related to the transaction number for the purchase on the 2nd. This morning I got a notification of 1071 points being added, listing the two transactions from the 26th and 29th of December, making everything all caught up. Bought something today, and received the correct amount of points immediately.

Seems like it’s been sorted. If anyone didn’t get their points already, or had previously gotten a “no” from Sony, might want to contact their customer support again. They will probably need the transaction number(s) of the purchases that didn’t apply points, which might be an issue for some folks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vegetollo7 said:

Haha, thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot. I'm dumbfounded as to how terrible their customer service is.

EDIT

Talked to a rep via live chat. Said they would look into it and email me within a few days. 

Let us know if you actually get that 'email'.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jjos said:

According to their FAQ is the level you earned active for the year you earned it plus 13 months.

As they introduced Stars in October 2022, is the runout date for most people at the end of Jan 2024 - so now we need to level up again (which then will run out end of Jan 2026, cause 2024 plus 13 months).

The earned coins are seperate from that date. Those are valid 24 months from when they were earned.

I'd simply assume they just reset trophy and purchase count at the year change, that January earnings are already counted towards your new level, which you'll drop down to on 1st February.

Thanks for the clarification. Honestly, like somebody else already pointed out on these forums, the terms surrounding PlayStation Stars is a bit overly convoluted, Sony really need to streamline the process imo. In any case, the issues are fixed on my end so I'm good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ddracarys said:

참고로

417121915_860350279164751_49925637221122

spacer.png

I don't have much benefit since my contract expires in January 2025.

And they are so incompetent that they have not yet resolved the points and campaign issues even after making inquiries.

4 hours ago, TopGOSU_ said:

And they are so incompetent that they have not yet resolved the points and campaign issues even after making inquiries.

I am unsure what further support I can provide to this thread as I am no longer experiencing issues myself. The only other guess I have is that, if you are still experiencing issues with PlayStation Stars, it may be region specific. This is, however, a guess.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ddracarys said:

FYI

417121915_860350279164751_49925637221122

I got that notification in my app as well, but when looking at my stats they've been reset to level 1. I used to be level 4. 

I also see now I didn't get points for two purchases I did between Chrismas and New Years'. Last points I got was when I bought new PS+ on December 17'th, when it was on sale. 

So anyone know how to reach Sony support here in Sweden? I know I've tried to find it before and as I remember it I got kinda stuck between FAQ pages in the correct region but contact details for other parts of the world.

43 minutes ago, FishOfPain said:

I got that notification in my app as well, but when looking at my stats they've been reset to level 1. I used to be level 4. 

I also see now I didn't get points for two purchases I did between Chrismas and New Years'. Last points I got was when I bought new PS+ on December 17'th, when it was on sale. 

So anyone know how to reach Sony support here in Sweden? I know I've tried to find it before and as I remember it I got kinda stuck between FAQ pages in the correct region but contact details for other parts of the world.

Strange, my level did not reset like yours. I cannot speak on missing points either, as I haven't purchased any new games in almost a year now. What little purchases I have made in the past year, have counted towards my points accurately.

While it is not ideal, if you cannot find the proper support portal for your region, you could try connecting with another region anyway, then simply asking for an accurate redirection (as in, state what you have already tried so that they do not send you around in circles). Sony sure doesn't make it easy...

• Like 1

Sony support are beyond useless. started a chat to say my points were not given, then they give me a number to call instead. this number is then a prerecorded message telling me to press a number for the following 5 problems... those 5 problems were nothing to do with ps store purchases and were all hardware based. I despise their support system so much. It's a pain to even find the chat support button for a start. like many companies, they deliberately hide it because they don't want to speak to people

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

Sony support are beyond useless. started a chat to say my points were not given, then they give me a number to call instead. this number is then a prerecorded message telling me to press a number for the following 5 problems... those 5 problems were nothing to do with ps store purchases and were all hardware based. I despise their support system so much. It's a pain to even find the chat support button for a start. like many companies, they deliberately hide it because they don't want to speak to people

Everytime I called ps support, got all my issues solved, so my experience is 100% positive. The chat is the 1st line of support and is unreliable

1 hour ago, foxische said:

Everytime I called ps support, got all my issues solved, so my experience is 100% positive. The chat is the 1st line of support and is unreliable

Funny because every time I try calling ps support it won't connect me to anyone because they're "busy" and automatically hangs up.

16 hours ago, vegetollo7 said:

Funny because every time I try calling ps support it won't connect me to anyone because they're "busy" and automatically hangs up.

Which call center had you contacted? I’m usually going with the Swiss one.

1 hour ago, foxische said:

Which call center had you contacted? I’m usually going with the Swiss one.

I'm in the US using the US ps support line. I've tried calling three days in a row, at varying times with the same result. Must be a region specific issue.

I purchased Lost between Worlds DLC for Far Cry 6 in the PS5 store, in the beginning of January and yesterday out of the blue I finally got my 200 points. That is the first time the app has been wonky for me in that regard.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG

On 1/6/2024 at 11:47 AM, TopGOSU_ said:

spacer.png

It's good that you kept both the lvl and the Trophies. I only kept the lvl. The Trophies are gone. Only the 9 I earned after the reset are counted. 

I experienced something similar a couple weeks ago when I bought Dead Space for PS5 from the PS App on my phone, no points added. I contacted PS Support and requested a refund, I got my money back and then I went to buy it again directly from my PS5, this time, points were immediately added to my PS Stars profile. Moving forward, I will not buy games from my PS App and wait until I have the chance to buy them from the consol just to avoid this inconvenience from happening again.

• Like 1

I just received points for 2 out of 3 purchases from January 1st after I contacted the support maybe 24h ago. Not sure if it makes a difference because of a different support region, but I' from the EU/Germany, but for me it worked once you contact them.

On 1/4/2024 at 6:28 PM, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

Let us know if you actually get that 'email'.

So no email. But I called the support number yesterday and actually got through to someone.

The rep assured me that they are working on my case and that it's status has been "elevated." They also said that it could take another week for the missing points to show up. I guess all I can do is  continue to wait.

Edited by vegetollo7
  • Like 1

just got all my points back for purchases made at the start of the year. I did contact support on live chat, but they didn't actually do anything and just gave me a phone number to call, which didn't work. So, I think they have fixed it for everyone and you should all get your points without having to contact support... fingers crossed

• Like 2

Can only report nearly the same as @CosmoWolf_ already did: 

Was missing 700 points total from purchases on 30. December 23 (450 points) and 01. January 24 (250 points).

The points from the purchases of 30. December 23 popped up yesterday (11. January 24), the points for the purchases from 01. January 24 popped up today (12. January 24).

I tried to contact Support, but since only the chat option was shown I had to use this. And only response I got from Support via chat was: "Chat Support can not help with inquiries about PlayStation Stars. Use phone support".. And every time the chat was closed from Sony Support (I was not even provided with a phone number).

.. So in the end, the issue with the points was resolved without me doing anything.

Hope the issues with the points get sorted for everybody. 👍🙂

• Like 1