New Free Game with Easy Trophies

It doesn't. And...I wouldn't say that's a con. The biggest con of all is paid dlc for skins/microtransactions. 

I just finished it, it's rather neat to get an informative and interactive look at how game developers utilize player interaction in different ways. Some good, some not so good. 

He gives examples of popular games to better give an idea of what he's talking about. 

And in the end, it's basically an advertisement for Shadow of the Collosus. (That's a joke, but it does get mentioned) 

Anyone that complains about this is a big ol dum dum. Cause it's not necessarily a game you play to have fun. It's more of like something you'd find in a college course for video fame development but for everyone to experience as well. 

• Like 4

In terms of complaints, I'd noticed the majority of them in the comments section of that video had to do with the fact that the trophy list wasn't available the same day the game was. That's an issue that in all honesty has popped up a lot more frequently lately.

• Haha 1

'Member .detuned and Linger In Shadows for the PS3? I get the impression this is one of those "games" only two console generations later and it's F2P.

On 1/18/2024 at 11:14 PM, Play3GianniGreed said:

This game has Ps2 graphics but they made it only for ps5. No ps4 version. 

Meh.

Releasing a PS4 game in 2024 is equal to releasing a PS3 game in 2017. With the annual 2K/EA Sports titles being one of a few exceptions (because capitalism), I'd like to believe most developers/publishers will move on from such 8th generation hardware by the year's end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

This “game” is one of the most infuriating things I’ve ever experienced. The shooting and camera controls are atrocious. I don’t care this thing is free, I want a refund.

Edit: Now that I’ve had time to sleep, distract, and reflect, here’s my issues with the game:

1) Slo-Mo Time thing feature would not activate

2) Cursor when hovering over enemies should change color. I understand the sketchbook-style art design, but having a tiny black hollow cursor tracing over enemies also of black-and-white color-scheme makes aiming incredibly difficult. This is exponentially worse at any distance measured more than “spitting”.

3) The explanation that the world manipulators can be shot rather than just melee-d comes AFTER a major puzzle over an insta-death arena.

4) The music is a highly touted feature of the game. It was good, but a bit distracting, and stopped playing after a couple minutes only. Constantly dying or retrying a section makes this “feature” pointless, and the silence only further hurts the experience.
5) The concept of teaching how game design mechanics can enhance, detract, and shape an overall game experience to a player is cool. However, its execution could’ve been better suited in the vein of The Stanley Parable mixed with The Unfinished Swan. A self-referential narrator discussing the nuances of design choices while an engaging color-restoration/shooting mechanic would’ve been a better experience than soundless shooting with text-based learning. Not that reading is bad, but literally the game states “…rather than reading an article.” I’m reading your texts prompts. Not much has changed just because there’s a bit of “gameplay” in between.

Edit 2: re-installing the game seemed to fix the Slo-Mo issue, and the game was a breeze once I was able to actually utilize it

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US
Thought collection and actual critique