Next Gen Consoles Release 2026?

Aynshel

No source. 

But whatever they are, hopefully devs are more prepared to release games. Instead of all these delays, setbacks, or diseases that cause a ton of big releases to be crammed together in release windows. 

Gimme PS7 8K please. Im kidding, but a PS5 pro 2TB will suffice, with Witcher 1 remake and Witcher 4. FF7 Part 3 will probably be PS5/PS6 simultaneously or 1 year apart.

ANYWAYS, If i had to guess,.2027 we would hear about it. 2028 it'd be revealed and released. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Where is the source that you have can confirmed next gen consoles will definitely be released in 2026?

it seems to be from a rumor being put around by xbox fanboys that Microsoft is going to put out the next xbox in 2025 or 2026 to beat sony and win the next gen. I don't think that its true though. 

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/rumor-leaker-kepler-thinks-the-next-xbox-is-coming-sooner-than-2028.1664724/

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-xbox-pro-in-2026-brad-sams-speculation-video.1664819/

Edited by fenrir54565

I don't see that happening, at all.

We haven't even gotten a game yet that really unlocks the full potential of the PS5.

And not only that, the PS5 Pro will have it's introduction first.

After the PS4 Pro release, it took about 4 years for the PS5.

And I think that we can expect something like that again.

Late 2028 would be my guess.

2 minutes ago, fenrir54565 said:

it seams to be from a rumor being put around by xbox fanboys that xbox is going to put the next xbox in 2025 or 2026 to beat sony and win the next gen i don't think that its true though. 

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/rumor-leaker-kepler-thinks-the-next-xbox-is-coming-sooner-than-2028.1664724/

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-xbox-pro-in-2026-brad-sams-speculation-video.1664819/

Hmm, this wouldn't surprise me, to be honest.

The Series S/X looks like a air humidifier, so why not go for a Roomba model this time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hmm... for 2026, I predict the following:

Capcom will release Marvel vs. Capcom 4.

Hasbro will release Game.com 2.

Konami will release Silent Hills.

Namco Bandai will release Tekken x Street Fighter.

Nintendo will release some classic games for PS5 & XBX.

Rockstar will release Agent.

SONY will release Ape Escape 4.

SONY will release a new handheld console - PlayStation Mors.

The Day Before ver. 1.0 will be released.

Ubisoft will release Beyond Good & Evil 2.

Edited by kenseizenkai
  • Like 1

And I'll be releasing my first sermon in 20XX. Be there as I do cool flips 'n shit, while preaching the gospel according to the hallucinogenic visions of a random dude I found on the street one day while on my way to Planet Fitness to cope with the aftermath of a messy divorce (that bitch took my kids).

Edited by Zephrese
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kenseizenkai said:

Hmm... for 2026, I predict the following:

Capcom will release Marvel vs. Capcom 4.

Hasbro will release Game.com 2.

Konami will release Silent Hills.

Namco Bandai will release Tekken x Street Fighter.

Nintendo will release some classic games for PS5 & XBX.

Rockstar will release Agent.

SONY will release Ape Escape 4.

SONY will release a new handheld console - PlayStation Mors.

The Day Before ver. 1.0 will be released.

Ubisoft will release Beyond Good & Evil 2.

Wait a second even in utopia/fantasy land, no new Onimusha or Outbreak remastered?!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Technically a next-gen console will release this year. The Switch's successor is tenth-generation.

I hadn’t seen confirmation of that news, I thought that was still all speculation.

And if that ends up being true, based on what we know about what Nvidias console-ready chips that would likely have Switch backward compatibility, the Switch 2 would likely only offer capabilities almost meeting what PS5 already offers. So while it might fit “next gen” chronologically, it colloquially wouldn’t fit with next gen expectations. 

In addition to the question asked in the opening post: “is it already time for a new console”, aside from still being nearly three years away (presuming a November launch date making their 2026 claim 34 months from now), still doesn’t make much sense. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I hadn’t seen confirmation of that news, I thought that was still all speculation.

And if that ends up being true, based on what we know about what Nvidias console-ready chips that would likely have Switch backward compatibility, the Switch 2 would likely only offer capabilities almost meeting what PS5 already offers. So while it might fit “next gen” chronologically, it colloquially wouldn’t fit with next gen expectations. 

Right now the insiders are tracking it to be PS4 Pro level in teraflop count but with a sophisticated GPU architecture that may do RTX better than a Series X.

• Like 1

Oh good lord. I hope not for 2026 OR 2028 release.

There is nothing major difference in what you see in terms of graphics from the PS4 compared to PS5. The Last of Us Part 2 and remastered looks barely different.

There will not be a huge leap when the PS6 release if its 2026 or 2028.

The PS5 have been selling very well so it doesn't make sense for Sony to switch to a new console anytime soon.

Sometime after 2030 would be ideal for me.

As for Microsoft X Box, there have been rumours of them giving up on console market and focus on gamepass on many platforms, then there's a rumour of a new console.

Both would be a bad idea.

Edited by KHDelBoy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Right now the insiders are tracking it to be PS4 Pro level in teraflop count but with a sophisticated GPU architecture that may do RTX better than a Series X.

If that’s the case, and considering the Switch is 8th Gen, the Switch 2 should be placed squarely in 9th gen, making it not a “next gen” console. 

• Like 1