Ever had to change plans on the current or next platinum/%100 you were working on?

Well I remember that my games to platinum schedule has changed a whole lot over these past few month based on many factors such as.

1st. I had planned to play Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII then play Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 after I had Platinumed FF13-2, but felt i wanted to wait a while before i got to see the ending of a FF series I really love, so I changed it to replay Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD to have its trophies; and then just play CLoS2 followed by South Park The Stick of Truth

2nd. After I Finished Mirror I noticed BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma's Release date was pretty close, so I decided to play Blazblue: Calamity Trigger after finishing Mirror of Fate, because Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma was coming out, and wanted to know a bit about the story before I played it changing my previous plans again.

3rd. After Getting & Working on BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Platinum the whole GameSpy Servers thing began to spread, forcing me postpone my Chrono Phantasma Platinum; and having to switch to playing a potentially @ risk game. 

4th.After the gamespy Incident I had to change my plans to play Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit then Crysis 3 to be safe

5th. After Finishing Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit I learn that Crysis 3 is safe & decide to not play it, and instead work on ICO then Chrono Phantasma followed by Watch Dogs.

6th. But since Dragkengard 3 is coming out on May 20th I am wondering if I want to play Drakengard 3 or Watch Dogs on May 27th. Both games will probably take a month or weeks to platinum, so in a way i hope watch Dogs gets Delayed so I can play Drakengard 3. Otherwise I will have to play Watch Dogs first to get rid of its Online Trophies, that I know if I don't take advantage of first will be a real pain later on.

So have you had to change plans on which games you had originally planned to Platinum/%100 next or post pone because of certain incidents or release dates?

I was originally going to do The Last of Us immediately after finishing Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, but my wife wanted the PS3 for Final Fantasy X, so I opted to do Soul Sacrifice on my Vita instead. During that time, the news that Gamespy was shutting the Borderlands servers down forced me to get one trophy I needed in that. I can't stand having a game with a low completion percentage on my profile for long, so now I'm doing Borderlands.

I was originally going to do The Last of Us immediately after finishing Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, but my wife wanted the PS3 for Final Fantasy X, so I opted to do Soul Sacrifice on my Vita instead. During that time, the news that Gamespy was shutting the Borderlands servers down forced me to get one trophy I needed in that. I can't stand having a game with a low completion percentage on my profile for long, so now I'm doing Borderlands.

I got the platinum to Borderlands just last week because of the Gamespy server shutdown too.

I was going for Mass Effect 1's platinum before it and I'm working on it again now (almost done).

I was trying for XCOM, but now I hear about the Borderlands servers closing I will have to go and do at least the multiplayer trophies.

Hurrah, I got the ''And they'll tell two friends.'' trophy for Borderlands, the other co-op trophies will just pop via splitscreen multiplayer right?

Edited by Lion-Lhasa

Trying to schedule gaming rarely works, because making one and sticking to it, in some ways, defeats the purpose of gaming. Since it makes gaming feel like another scheduled chore instead of a fun activity, at least to me. I think it's much more fun to just play the game I want to play at the time, and if I go straight to plat, awesome, if I don't, oh well maybe I'll come back to it.

• Like 2

Yes, mostly because of these gamespy server closures which started back last month. Now I plan my schedule and work on MP games with trophies while doing SP games as well. Recently did Gran Turismo 5 2 online trophies today before servers close on May 31st.

Happens all the time. Sometimes I get into plat/100% sprees to clean up games I've left unfinished, like I just did with Monster World IV, Limbo and VITA's Welcome Park. I usually have a loose ideia of what I want to plat/100% next, but if I get sidetracked that's okay, cause eventually I'll get back to the original plan more or less. Also, sometimes I get hooked on something that was sitting on my backlog and go all the way through, like I'm doing right now with Ecolibrium because I don't have much time at the moment to plat the games I had in mind a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

I have decided never to make a plan on what to platinum next and just go for whatever i'm in the mood for...

I was planing on making AC4 and Tomb Raider as my next platinums....but then the easter sale happened...and that lead to Tales of Xillia...and Demon's Souls....and I have two Metal Gear Solid games to play....and now Payday 2 came out on PS Plus....and I also have just bought grounded difficultly for The Last Of Us...and Watch Dogs will be out soon.....and I still play BF4 every chance I get....and....and...#gamerproblems

Was one quick playthough away from getting the Dishonored platinum then stopped playing due to the Midnight Club servers shutting down. Now I have no desire to go back and finish Dishonored.

• 6 months later...

WOW!! I Honestly can't remember how many times I had to change my plan on which game to play next, after making this Thread...The funniest part is I haven't even touched Watch_Dogs, Drakengard 3, Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, or South Park The Stick of Truth yet  :unsure:

Hopefully in 2015 I @ Least play one of these...lol

Edited by DarknessKey92