Trophy Thoughts?

kdogg_gamer_

Fairly easy trophies. Hard mission is the only challenging one.  People on here seem to be exaggerating its difficulty though. You can complete with a few upgrades mainly just making sure the exploding pigs don’t blow up the base. 

Glad the list was simple so I could just play this with friends for the first few days and be done with it by the time they and everyone else drops it. 

I was pretty much completely uninterested in the game anyway, if my 9 year old didn't exist I probably wouldn't have even bothered downloading it, but I did for him and he's having fun with it so at least my account can get some value out of it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

Anyone have any idea about the fastest way to level up?

The rubber duck match seems like it gives more xp then smash the stars, but it also takes longer so I’m not sure the best strategy to rank up fastest 

Also keep your eyes on the challenges, they give a ton of XP and are relatively easy to complete. Like today I got 3500 just for requiring to complete a Squad mission. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Hard mission was pain in the butt. But overall quite a nice game and an enjoyable 100%. I don't get the hate.

Got it in 15 hours, could be faster. I had fun, but I can't imagine why would someone want a platinum here. Imagine trophies like playing 200(or more) parties, completing Hard mission with every character, some Overwatch-style character-based shite trophies etc. I would start to hate myself and the game on that journey. Thanks, but no, thanks. 

Difficulty doesn't really have anything to do with weather the game has a platinum or not though. They're given out or left out with reckless abandon. No rhyme or reason. The trophies would likely be the same if it did.

Idealy I say if it takes 15 hours or at least 10 with some difficuly. A platinum should be there. Under 10 and easy should not be. Some rare trophies on this one by the looks of it.

Overall, the list is good. It asks you to try each game mode enough to learn to win in it. Show your competency as a gamer. The only trophy I detest is the Hard Mission Squad trophy,. It's just not fun when the upgrades feel like they do nothing and the randoms you play with haven't even played the game before. Some sort of requirement to prevent you from playing Hard until you're actually ready would be nice.

It wouldn't take much effort to expand this and make a full 40 trophy list with platinum. But the majority of what I would add would be akin to just 'try this for five minutes' stuff, such as using different characters or getting X amount of Chills/Saves.  

A lengthier list where you're asked to hit level 40 or play every day for a season or reach a height in ranked would turn me off. I'm not the audience for that sort of gameplay. I gave the game a try because it was PS+ and it could be a Splatoon-like, but since it isn't I'm getting out after the 100%.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, drimaiden666 said:

Do you guys know how to get this 'Let's Party' trophy?

I need to play it with friends? Or just play 25 matches in any mode? I'm a little confused about it.

Thanks for the help. 

I believe any mode counts because I did a bit of PvP and pvE  and got it on 25 with randoms, no need for friends, well other than hard more.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, veinte-justo said:

So I finally got 100% on both, PS4 and 5.
I had way more fun that I was expecting. Like it was mentioned above, thank god no need to participate in 500 parties or dance on the duck 300 times and win hard mode with every character and on every stage to get each trophy. This journey has made me love the game, what an unexpected little fun silly gem. I cant stop thinking about the music, the colors and the characters are cool.

Love this kind of surprises. Cant say Im going to play every day but from time to time along with Helldivers 2 sound very fun to simply jump in.

Was there anything that was able to auto pop between versions?

On 2/9/2024 at 10:28 AM, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

Anyone have any idea about the fastest way to level up?

The rubber duck match seems like it gives more xp then smash the stars, but it also takes longer so I’m not sure the best strategy to rank up fastest 

The fastest way to level up, by far, is to take advantage of the weekly challenges that reward XP. Although it would take longer in terms of overall time, you could theoretically save yourself a lot of playtime by only popping in for the weekly challenges and then bouncing every week.

Edited by liammill18
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DawningWolf55 said:

Was there anything that was able to auto pop between versions?

No instant autopop, you do have to complete one more time normal/hard missions, and win every party. HOWEVER other trophies regarding progress like reaching level 25, or chilling 10 players, etc will unlock after one match/action.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, liammill18 said:

The fastest way to level up, by far, is to take advantage of the weekly challenges that reward XP. Although it would take longer in terms of overall time, you could theoretically save yourself a lot of playtime by only popping in for the weekly challenges and then bouncing every week.

by weekly challenges I assume your referring to the “Friyay” even ranked matches that are going on now?

or do you mean the challenges inside the challenges menu?

thanks in advance

25 minutes ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

by weekly challenges I assume your referring to the “Friyay” even ranked matches that are going on now?

thanks in advance

The Versus matches - Rubber Duck, Smash, Bath, and Ranked. You don't need to do Friyay, as there's no trophy for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

thanks in advance

Options > Challenge > R1 Twice

Some of these challenges award 3,500 exp and they do not require much work.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2024 at 5:20 PM, Spraragen88 said:

100% DOA.

Online will be dead in a month. Nobody cares about this free bullcrap with no platinum list. At least Destruction AllStars had a platinum so it kept the online community alive a bit longer. 

I mean, no platinum for this means it isn't worth anyones time if they are a trophy hunter. When this websites community is 99% trophy hunters, and we all stopped caring about the game it will put a dent in the onlines lifespan. I won't touch this game now, I won't even download it. Why bother? Everything about it comes across as cheap and a cashgrab. 

Maybe if you used your brain for once you would realise that game can be fun even without a platinum trophy. Also I wonder why the game is in the top games on this site if it's "not worth downloading and spending time on it" I really wonder :thinkingemoji:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2024 at 4:21 AM, SoniSayz said:

No plat aside, I’m anxious about the level 25 trophy. Feels like there could be tedious xp grinding unless it’ll probably be easy to gain xp through playing the game normally.

You'll be more anxious about winning a squad mission on hard.. edit: just completed it. Use jet to stun. Let the team do the rest, upgrade shot rate, reload and damage

Edited by Wilktron
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 11:47 PM, Lucas said:

I love how people come up with the wildest statements (and theories) when a game doesn't have a platinum 🤣. Who cares. These days a platinum is just as meaningless as any other trophy anyways.

Yeah ever since they added trophies for DLCs and Season Passes - Activision and EA are to blame for this shit. 

In the early days when the PS3 was given trophy support for the first time, a Platinum back then meant the game was 100% completed with all its trophies.  It gave a true sense of accomplishment.  Nowadays like you have said, its just another damn trophy with a different colour.

As for games without Platinum.  I am on a long streak of indies and games without plats at the moment.  Those that frown upon these games are missing out a lot of some good titles.

Edited by Eispan
... Season Passes and DLCs should be given a separate trophy list!
  • Like 1