Trophy Thoughts?

kdogg_gamer_

Easy list, game looks fun enough even if it's clearly no goty candidate. Why not?

I really don't get the amount of whining about not every game being an absolute masterpiece recently. At least this one is something different that takes a risk and that does deserve soem recognition as well as a play. The easy list means I can do so without risking an unobtainable plat and then I'll see if the game is fun or not.

• Like 4

Game looks fun. Even it doesn’t have a platform I still love to play games. Only trophy that still confused about is the 25 parties. Does it mean party up in game and play 25 total matches for it or it will count as one. Leave party re join do it again. I guess will see. Game still not live at my store at the moment. But definitely looks fun to play in between games. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Spraragen88 said:

No platinum, no point in playing this mess. 

At least that one bad free game we got, Destruction AllStars, had a platinum so the online didn't die after a week (it lasted a month). 

Do devs not realize that putting out stuff like this without a decent trophy list will mean less people are going to care about it and the online stuff will die quickly?

Fr man the game is so dead that I have to wait whole 5 seconds to get into a match

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ZEE11W said:

Game looks fun. Even it doesn’t have a platform I still love to play games. Only trophy that still confused about is the 25 parties. Does it mean party up in game and play 25 total matches for it or it will count as one. Leave party re join do it again. I guess will see. Game still not live at my store at the moment. But definitely looks fun to play in between games. 

Should just be 25 matches I think. A match is referred to as a 'party' in-game

• Like 3

Always weird when a recent game doesn't bother with a platinum/normal-size trophy list. Should be very easy to just assign extra trophies to whichever activity.

And while trophy hunters are definitely a minority, there will absolutely be people who won't play the game just because it doesn't have a platinum, and Foamstars is really going to need as many active players as it can get to stay afloat.

If this was a game by a small indie team I'd lean towards my personal theory that adding a game with a platinum to the store costs extra. But this is Square, so it's just bizarre.

Anyway, all that stuff aside... I don't have much time to play these days and I'm mostly focused on completing LaD8 before Rebirth, but I'll try to squeeze in a few matches of this.

• Like 1

Looks to me like this thing will have a ton of paid DLC trophies (maybe free, idk...), can't see any other reason to have such a basic list without a platinum. Either way I play games til I'm bored of them and then never touch them again, and don't want to get to 100% and then be at like 20% 2 years later, and then BOOM! the servers close.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fresquinho said:

With that trophy list it's obvious that this will get a shitload of extra DLC trophies and that's a big NO NO for me, pass 🤣 

Not necessarily. Like Apex Legends is F2P but never has gotten new trophies. Many F2P have the same thing and never in their lists this has gone up.

Anyway, does anybody know how to get the “One To Watch” trophy? The description is misleading, and don't know what that means.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Dry said:

Free for active subscribers of the PS Plus essential tier (or above) in February 2024. Otherwise it’s a paid product.

I'm pretty sure that's what they mean. But they need to have PS plus to play it anyway, so may as well grab it now

13 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Anyway, does anybody know how to get the “One To Watch” trophy? The description is misleading, and don't know what that means.

This trophy pops once you get one of the Foaming Class awards after the match. These titles are:

Foaming Class: most area covered with foam

Chiller: most Chills/"KOs" (sliding into a foamed up opponent)

Foam Hitter: most damage/hits landed on opponents

Assist Hitter: most Chill assists

Slide Save: most saves, which is done by sliding into a teammate foamed up

Star Player Chiller: awarded when you are the one to Chill the opponent's Star Player

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

This trophy pops once you get one of the Foaming Class awards after the match. These titles are:

Chiller: most Chills/"KOs" (sliding into a foamed up opponent)

Foam Hitter: I'm unsure if it's most damage done or most area covered with foam

Slide Save: most saves, which is done by sliding into a teammate foamed up

There's one or two more I can't recall, will update soon.

Thank you! I was really confused about what that meant. Furthermore, many people right now are super sweats. It amazes me as this game only has hours of literally coming out... 

But the community will never let me down, that's for sure!

• Like 1

Maybe a new trophy discussion should be opened for this so people can actually just discuss the game and earning the trophies, seems to be just people having a cry over no platinum without actually playing the game, and claiming doa. You do realize trophy hunters make up less than 1% of the gaming community right??

• Like 2