Trophy Thoughts?

kdogg_gamer_

7 hours ago, GravityQueeen said:

Ah, the lack of plat was a bummer! Especially after seing how cool the trophy art is. No plat milestone for me then 😅

On the bright side it looks fun to do and might be a healthy list down the road. Trophy hunters will be able to join the playerbase, get the trophies, have some fun, bye bye if needed, no harm done. 

Careful now. That's a bit too much logical thinking in these parts of the internet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, iguanadude626 said:

It had value when shovelware games didnt exist. Now every sale there's like a dozen or two shovelwares on sale. Finger Fitness, on Sunday, Flappy Eros just to name a few currently in Happy New Play-Year in Malaysia store. Not to mention the multi console, region. The same game you can 3-6 platinum trophy lol

It has value if you want it to. If you play quality games, a plat will have a high value vs if you play a bunch of shovelware. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

This is dogshit no platinum?! 

might be DOA

I would imagine this being DOA has less to do with a lack of a platinum...

...and more to do with it looking like someone ate too much candy-floss, then vomited all over a box of Barbie dolls.

• Like 1

Well... A somewhat easy platinum would be the only motivation I could get to play this game, otherwise I'm not interessed.

Still... I'm curious. What would be the decision making process that concluded they wouldn't have a platinum trophy for this game? It looks like something trivial to get.

• Like 2

Like most are saying. No platinum is a little disappointing, but I'm still curious to give it a try. 

Trophy list doesn't look hard on the surface, so I guess it's about how much of a grind (or lack of) getting to level 25 will end up being.

• Like 3

Apex Legends has no plat and has been consistently among the most popular games for years. The lack of a plat may have a small, or maybe even significant impact but at the end of the day, it is not the most important factor that decides the success of this game. Seems previews have been pretty positive for Foamstars so we'll see where things go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Apex Legends has no plat and has been consistently among the most popular games for years. The lack of a plat may have a small, or maybe even significant impact but at the end of the day, it is not the most important factor that decides the success of this game. Seems previews have been pretty positive for Foamstars so we'll see where things go.

Apex legends is also free to play which removes massive barrier 

yea having no platinum will stop a few trophy hunters going for it and square Enix wont fell impact due to small size of community compared to casual audience but for developer not to have platinum for a PAID game is laziness 

3 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

I like my 100%s so that is plus for me. I go out of my way to play games without plats

Same I like more 100% games then fucking platinum as I don't care about my trophy level.

8 hours ago, Dinniestar said:

literally a half arsed attempt at trophy list it takes 15 minutes to make a decent trophy list 

I was excited to double plat this game not touching it now 

it will die on release 

BooHoo cry me a river

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

No platinum, no point in playing this mess. 

At least that one bad free game we got, Destruction AllStars, had a platinum so the online didn't die after a week (it lasted a month). 

Do devs not realize that putting out stuff like this without a decent trophy list will mean less people are going to care about it and the online stuff will die quickly?

100% DOA.

Online will be dead in a month. Nobody cares about this free bullcrap with no platinum list. At least Destruction AllStars had a platinum so it kept the online community alive a bit longer. 

19 minutes ago, AngelaNeko_ said:

BooHoo cry me a river

I mean, no platinum for this means it isn't worth anyones time if they are a trophy hunter. When this websites community is 99% trophy hunters, and we all stopped caring about the game it will put a dent in the onlines lifespan. I won't touch this game now, I won't even download it. Why bother? Everything about it comes across as cheap and a cashgrab. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4