Warning for people starting the PS5 version

Message added by BlindMango,

Update: A fix is being worked on for this. Starting today (February 15), all trophy lists with over 255 trophies now have all of their trophies visible, however work isn’t done yet! profiles still won’t be able to track them just yet, so further work is being done to fix that now

6 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Only Sly has access to the back-end of the site, as he seemingly doesn't trust his staff enough. Same reason only he is capable of adding people's profiles back to the site. 

This is pure conjecture and it might be already proven wrong anyway because I came to the site relatively recently in the grand scheme of things, but I get the feeling this is a situation similar to RateYourMusic (and probably many others out there, but I actually use that so I have better knowledge of the topic) where this was initially a small-scope pet project meant to serve a niche, but it grew bigger than expected and now the ones (or one, in this case) in charge can't keep up with the demand for new features without making things too impersonal but can't scale back things either because it is of genuine interest to many.

If this is indeed the case, it's a tough situation to approach. Can't say I envy his position. (Not that I can't make that statement regardless of whether this is actually the case, but still.)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, WatertownsFinest said:

relinquish the site to someone who actually gives two shits about worthy improvements. (Or better yet, wants something as simple as the trophies to appear properly)

I dont think it would ever come to that, the day he is done with us, we are all going to be deleted. The great flood, you all remember what god did?

• Haha 1

Honestly, if it weren’t for its inferior forum interface (at the moment) I’d be almost entirely convinced to depart PSNProfiles in favour of @NaMeTaKeN33’s site which apparently I can’t name here because I guess being reminded that competition care about the state of their third-party trophy platform much more than Sly does here is an insecurity of his.

Also the fact “@-ing” a forum profile here who happens to be the owner of a competing platform/site isn’t working for me right now is pretty (dare I say) sus, not gonna lie.

10 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

I dont think it would ever come to that, the day he is done with us, we are all going to be deleted. The great flood, you all remember what god did?

“Those floodgates won’t hold forever, you know. We’re doomed!”

Edited by Dry
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Dry said:

Also the fact @-ing a forum profile here who happens to be the owner of a competing platform/site isn’t working for me right now is pretty (dare I say) sus, not gonna lie.

I'm pretty sure he's banned, no? Wouldn't know what for, but remember seeing it was the case when I was taking a look at that very site.

And on that note, I don't think Sly doesn't need to worry much about this site not seeing new users – not saying that's necessarily good, of course. That one is the only real attempt at a competition I've seen thus far, and I personally find it kinda underwhelming, even if it's still a WIP. (YuriG was also creating one last time I checked, but no idea how that's going.)

The silver lining to this for me is, I'm just happy that PS4 versions of games are being released still, giving us more options, and they aren't being screwed over too much with the exception of some certain DLC exclusions. (Terminator Resistance: Annihilation Line, & Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores).

I predict this issue will crop up more and more when more games on PS5 start sharing launchers, and more lists will end up like Tomb Raider's; it already happened with Modern Warfare III.

But the PS5 list size for Tomb Raider is ridiculous though, and it's easy to call out Sly, when it was the devopers of the game that made the decision to cram it all together and make it that size to begin with.

I'm not a fan of this current trend though, games just being bunched into one; I don't like it at all.

Edited by J-S_93
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, Eagle said:

I'm pretty sure he's banned, no? Wouldn't know what for, but remember seeing it was the case when I was taking a look at that very site.

And on that note, I don't think Sly doesn't need to worry much about this site not seeing new users – not saying that's necessarily good, of course. That one is the only real attempt at a competition I've seen thus far, and I personally find it kinda underwhelming, even if it's still a WIP. (YuriG was also creating one last time I checked, but no idea how that's going.)

The only current competition has a dead userbase with almost zero discussion on individual games or specific trophies. No new site will ever be able to gain enough traffic/forum activity to surpass PSNP at this point, or siphon its userbase. Everyone's here and nowhere else for a reason. Those other sites all had bad ownership that complicated their sites layouts, forum functionality, etc. over time and refused to listen to feedback.

The site developer absolutely busted their butt to get this site as far as they did. You (not you specifically) don't know what their personal life is like or why they're not spending their free time working on the site. At the end of the day, this is their site. They don't have to be comfortable letting any staff code the site (and potentially go rogue one day), or justify why they don't want to hand it off to someone else. Acting like entitled brats and calling the owner selfish because he doesn't want to waste his time fixing nonsense that like 30 people with undiagnosed compulsive disorders will truly care about, is beyond cringe.

People need to have some respect for the ones that gave you all the ability to track your stuff in a neat, organized fashion better than anyone else. To have clean forums and allow things like PSN+ that make life significantly easier for us all.  If you show me another ACTUALLY ACTIVE forum you can go to to discuss specific trophies about specific games, I'd love to hear it. It doesn't exist. What's actually kind of funny is that the same people who say they are one foot out the door are the same ones paying for premium. Everyone talks a big game, but nobody is ever going to leave because this site is heavenly for a trophy hunter and nothing else compares. People need to understand that this can all be taken away from them, and they won't know what they had until it's gone. Truly makes me mad to see people go so hard on those that are providing this all to them FOR FREE

Edited by ChibsSoA
  • Like 3
  • Confused 11

On 2/14/2024 at 10:50 AM, Eagle said:

I'm pretty sure he's banned, no?

Must be. Just tried mentioning three members here who’ve since received perma-bans without luck.

Despite my knowledge of the original plans for his platform to be a companion app for PSNProfiles which Sly was quick to block so then it’s become its own platform to rival PSNProfiles, I think that’s a tad bit silly.

EDIT: @ChibsSoA Reacting to my posts out of spite, I see.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, NashtyMouse said:

I don’t understand what this “dreaded blue H” thing is, can someone post an example of it? I’m curious if I would even care about it.

EXAMPLE:

spacer.png

Edited by J-S_93
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

The problem is not having "Hidden" trophies, the problem is that a lot of people think that "hidden" trophies means that you are a cheater and you are hidding trophies just to not being banned from the LB, thats why some people relates the H like something to be ashamed... The symbol H under your name in your profile means that you have hidden trophies.

Oh wow ok that actually is pretty annoying. I thought it was something dumb people were overreacting too but I would hate that.

7 hours ago, Eagle said:

According to Sly on the Discord, this is not a trivial fix. I have no knowledge about how trivial or non-trivial the fix actually is, evidently, but think this is relevant information nonetheless.

I'd assume is has to do with the way data is stored in bits. If the maximum trophies allowed per game is like 256 like people mentioned before, that is the largest size of that specific bit (like 8, 16, 64, etc)

1 hour ago, Lucid_Icarus_ said:

I'd assume is has to do with the way data is stored in bits. If the maximum trophies allowed per game is like 256 like people mentioned before, that is the largest size of that specific bit (like 8, 16, 64, etc)

Yes, most likely the DB needs to be altered which is not trivial at all and I would think it's the most risky part. Altering a DB with data in it is always a risk.

There probably code on the site itself to alter to be able to pull a full list above 255 trophies, but I think that part is probably just some tedious code to rewrite.

Having already created the site I don't think that such a change would be too challenging for him.

I won't play this game since I don't care about Tomb Raider, but I would mostly be worried about the problem of Trophies not being tracked and milestones being affected, than the blue H itself. The hate the blue H gets by some people is exaggerated.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1