Warning for people starting the PS5 version

Message added by BlindMango,

Update: A fix is being worked on for this. Starting today (February 15), all trophy lists with over 255 trophies now have all of their trophies visible, however work isn’t done yet! profiles still won’t be able to track them just yet, so further work is being done to fix that now

Just now, veryrareoriginal said:

Please be careful saying things like this

Re-read what I am saying.

I am not saying that is what the actual case is...

I am saying why people don't want the H, is because of stigma attached to it.

3 minutes ago, J-S_93 said:

I am saying why people don't want the H, is because of stigma attached to it.

True. 

I do think that stigma should be challenge whenever it comes up though, as it's pretty stupid.

There are, of course, plenty of reasons some folks use the hide feature, that have nothing to do with cheating.

It's certainly a good thing a fix for this issue is being worked on (it's a trophy tracking site, so it should be able to.... y'know.... track trophies....)....

...but the one minor downside to it being fixed now, is that if it hadn't been, then a game this high profile and popular with the issue would have probably finally put that tiresome stigma to bed!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, veryrareoriginal said:

I guess i can start Dead by Daylight now if a fix is coming next week

it was more like a "hopefully next week" but yes, I think now Sly is actually working on it and will deliver sooner or later.

• Like 1

Please correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Mexico drop daylight saving last year and Sly has yet to respond to that too?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dry said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Mexico drop daylight saving last year and Sly has yet to respond to that too?

As far as I understand Mexico still uses DST in some areas. So it might be tricky to handle.

Since I can't find any setting on PSNP regarding DST (only UTC timezone) I imagine Sly uses some APIs from some service to fetch DST beginning and end in each country.

That service might very well be equipped to handle such a situation, but if PSN has no way to differentiate users from a DST area and a non DST area of the same country, I don't think there's much to be done on that side.

He'd probably need to create a whole new setting in your PSNP account where you manually choose if you are in a DST area or not and override the current automatism.

But Ideally such a setting should only appear for countries with this peculiar situation.

34 minutes ago, lynx_1985 said:

It’s good to see the pinned message about this but if it does happen my next question is will the fix be for this game only or all of the site and future games?

It'd be a pretty bad look for Sly should it be the former.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lynx_1985 said:

It’s good to see the pinned message about this but if it does happen my next question is will the fix be for this game only or all of the site and future games?

These kinds of lists seem to be graduating from anomaly to trend, so I would think he'd understand it needs a broader fix to account for more of them in the future

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dry said:

Honestly, if it weren’t for its inferior forum interface (at the moment) I’d be almost entirely convinced to depart PSNProfiles in favour of @NaMeTaKeN33’s site which apparently I can’t name here...

Speaking of people from (users) PSNP making similar/identical sites, can someone PLEASE make "The PSNP" of Xbox Achievements? I know sites like True Achievements exist but they SUCK... HARD. I'd kill to have a site, identical to PSNP in terms of layout/usability/forums/session set up (or whatever you call it) for Achievements 🥹

Edited by MRR---OFFICIAL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KingRico91 said:

I don't understand the fear of the blue "H". I've hidden all the games that aren't platinum and will make them public when they're ready. They are older games that are gradually being completed.

A lot of people hide hacked trophies to still be indexed in the leaderboards if I'm not mistaken.

That means that the H can rise suspicions on the user being an hacker.

10 minutes ago, Squarevii87 said:

Off topic

For me the most concerning thing are the controls,they are awful almost unplayable 

Modern controls are more worst than tank controls

I'm the only one having this issue?

Is there an option for tank controls?

1 hour ago, KingRico91 said:

I don't understand the fear of the blue "H". I've hidden all the games that aren't platinum and will make them public when they're ready. They are older games that are gradually being completed.

Yeah it's weird, in the end nobody else really cares about how you show games on your profile. I do it too to keep track what I plan on finishing and what I rather get out of sight and mind. If you ask me, the blue H is way less sus than a 100% profile with nothing hidden anyway. But anyway kinda silly situation, a forced H is not ideal. xD 

• Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Squarevii87 said:

Off topic

For me the most concerning thing are the controls,they are awful almost unplayable 

Modern controls are more worst than tank controls

I'm the only one having this issue?

I completely agree. Modern controls feel borderline unusable, so thank god they included tank controls because they still feel as wonderful to use now as they did back in 2015 when I first played these games.

Update: on the Discord, Dreggit confirmed that the fix may come "at a temporary cost" for users. Again, don't ask me whatever the heck that could be because I have no idea, just relaying the message.

19 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Update: on the Discord, Dreggit confirmed that the fix may come "at a temporary cost" for users. Again, don't ask me whatever the heck that could be because I have no idea, just relaying the message.

It's likely that the site might be down for a while especially if Sly needs to alter the DB.

A lot of stuff may need to be reconstructed, views, indexes and the leaderboards.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Doom said:

It's likely that the site might be down for a while especially if Sly needs to alter the DB.

A lot of stuff may need to be reconstructed, views, indexes and the leaderboards.

This is most likely needed as it is a DB change. Not a big deal, to have some maintenance. I think we can all live without PSNP temporarily.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HusKy said:

I mean, that's fine. Happens everywhere, no biggie.

Saying "it may come at a temporary cost for all of you" sounds ominous and the statement is vague. Serves no purpose.

Well it does sound vague, I agree.

I might be that the performances will suck for a while during the process if the site doesn't go completely offline.

• Like 2