Warning for people starting the PS5 version

Message added by BlindMango,

Update: A fix is being worked on for this. Starting today (February 15), all trophy lists with over 255 trophies now have all of their trophies visible, however work isn’t done yet! profiles still won’t be able to track them just yet, so further work is being done to fix that now

14 hours ago, veryrareoriginal said:

How come there's been a fix in the works for years but suddenly this game is released and there's a fix next week? 🐒

I performed a blood sacrifice, and said "O Sly, take this pound of flesh as my pledge of loyalty to you. I never liked *insert competitor website here* anyway!" The ritual was long and grueling.

Many gamers with shovelware-only profiles were sacrificed, an honorable act, but bloody non the less. Binding their souls to me, I acted as a conduit and spoke to Sly through the ether. Sly, the Deep One, awoke at last

The souls, having served their purpose, exploded. I knew the risks of such a ritual. But I did it. For us. Ridding the world of such evil, the dreaded H, it nearly killed me. But the work is done. 

spacer.png

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I gotta say, props to Sly for finally fixing this! I take back everything evil i've ever said 😃 Now lets hope we don't ever get a game that reaches over 1000 trophies.

Well if the issue was caused by the type of variable, it's possible that the change he's making is to go from tinyint to smallint, and smallint has an unsigned range of 65535.

A 1000 shouldn't be a problem.

Now, unlocking 1000 trophies for a single game, that's the challenge.

The train game is already above 400 if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Doom
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Doom said:

Well if the issue was caused by the type of variable, it's possible that the change he's making is to go from tinyint to smallint, and smallint has an unsigned range of 65535.

A 1000 shouldn't be a problem.

Now, unlocking 1000 trophies for a single game, that's the challenge.

The train game is already above 400 if I'm not mistaken.

As of 2021, the trophy limit for PS5 games was set to 1,000 trophies and 50 DLCs per 

It is unknown if Sony has updated the limit since then, but it is unlikely we will ever have to worry about a 1k trophyset unless a Halo bundle comes over to PS5, considering Halo: Master Chief Collection has 700 achievements. PS3/4/V had a trophy limit of 128 trophies.

Edited by ArmoredSnowman
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

As of 2021, the trophy limit for PS5 games was set to 1,000 trophies and 50 DLCs per 

It is unknown if Sony has updated the limit since then, but it is unlikely we will ever have to worry about a 1k trophyset unless a Halo bundle comes over to PS5, considering Halo: Master Chief Collection has 700 achievements. PS3/4/V had a trophy limit of 128 trophies.

Ah I see

That's such an arbitrary number though. Weird.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2024 at 4:00 PM, BlindMango said:

Profiles still won’t track these trophies (255+) just yet though! Sly still has a little bit of tinkering to do before they do!

Is this still happening?

19 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Yes, Sly apparently has to build a replacement 5 billion row table (yes, billion) for every trophy on PSN in order to fix this next part, so profiles can properly track lists with over 255 trophies, so uh it just takes some time I guess xD 

That sounds.... fun? Damn, i have no idea what that means but that's one big damn number.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, twiztidlalo93 said:

Looks like the trophy cap has been fixed

It is not fixed. You can check top completions on this game, as well as train sim 2. It's still abundantly clear that trophies are still being hidden. Just because you can see the full trophy list on the site now, it doesn't mean that all the trophies will track on someone's profile