Ps Plus  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Rate February 2024's PS+ Extra/Premium lineup

• Awesome
    • Great
    • Good
    • Bad
    • Awful
  2. 2. Which game are you most interested in for Extra?

• Need for Speed Unbound | PS5
    • The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition | PS5
    • Tales of Arise | PS4, PS5
    • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla | PS4, PS5
    • LEGO Worlds | PS4
    • LEGO Jurassic World | PS4
    • Roguebook | PS4, PS5
    • Rogue Lords | PS4
    • Tales of Zestiria | PS4
    • Nothing
  3. 3. Which game are you most interested in for Premium lineup?

• Resistance: Retribution | PS4, PS5   
    • Jet Rider 2 | PS4, PS5
    • Tales of Symphonia | PS4, PS5
    • Tales of Vesperia | PS4, PS5
    • Nothing

I've been eyeing AC Valhalla for a while now after Mirage gave me the itch to play the series again. For me it'll one of those trophy lists that I chip away at over the course of a year. I'll probably give it a go this summer after Stellar Blade comes out.

Great month overall! For once I'm excited about the Premium list. 

Extra:

-Need for Speed Unbound - Not into a racing games, but I acknowledge this is a pretty game with a good OST.

-The Outer Worlds - Already have a physical copy, but this comes with the DLC right? That'll save me a purchase.

-Tales of Arise - I've never really looked at a Tales game other than Symphonia. Shelved for later research.

-Assassin's Creed Valhalla - I admit it looks interesting, but I'm leery. The last time I tired an AC game, it was a nightmare of button combos I was expected to take a certification course in before installing the game. Shelved, with the understanding this is a likely no.

-LEGO Worlds - Already have a physical copy and have platinum'd. it's a good game, but be ready for a long haul unless you want to fiddle with version numbers.

-LEGO Jurassic World - Already have three physical copies: PS3 (still sealed), PS4 (platinum'd) & Vita (haven't started). It's a decent entry, do recommend.

-Roguebook - Doesn't look interesting, pass. Also busted trophies.

-Rogue Lords - Ehhhh. Doesn't look that interesting, but my partner might enjoy it. He liked Darkest Dungeon.

-Tales of Zestiria - Same with Arise, shelved for later.

Premium:

-Resistance: Retribution - Not normally something I'd be interested in, but the gameplay video I'm watching is hitting all the right marks. I'll wait for that likely trophy list.

-Jet Rider 2 - Again, not really into racing games. But that tasty PS1 jank always makes things look good. Will wait for the likely trophy list.

-Tales of Vesperia - Oh, so we're doing like a few months ago with Star Ocean, just giving me piles of RPG, hu?

-Tales of Symphonia - I didn't know there was a PS4 release of this. I have a copy of the original and the two pack that came with both Symphonia game on the PS3. I think I'd rather finish the PS3 trophy list before even thinking about another 3 playthroughs.

So. Some stuff, but a chunk of it I already have in one form or another. Overall good general month, though.

• Like 1

This is a bad month for me but the games look good, so I hope most are satisfied this time. I was waiting for RE3, given Gamepass announced the game for this month and the same hapenned with RE2 in January.

I really hope Square and Ubisoft continue that trend of making their newer games appear on Extra. I'd love Theatrhythm or even AC: Mirage to show up at some point.

11 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

Tempted to try AC Valhalla.  How is it compared to Odyssey and Origins?  I thoroughly enjoyed Origins but can't say the same about Odyssey which was fine at first, but then it became a slog near the end, and the "Legacy of the First Blade" DLC made me hate the game for sure.

I love me some Assassin’s Creed, but If you don't have 130+ hours to put into Valhalla (just the base game) then you’re better off not starting. It’s the longest and most bloated AC game so far and (apparently) one of the reasons Mirage was released as a more traditional AC game. If you thought Odyssey got to be a slog then Valhalla cranks that up to 11. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a decent game with a good story but it just goes on forever. The core gameplay loop involves getting various regions to ally with you by doing stuff for them, and there are a LOT of regions who want you to do a lot of stuff. It just goes on too long and could have probably been half the size and still told the story they wanted to tell. I’ve been playing it on and off since last summer and after finally getting the Platinum in December I’m still only about 1/2 way through the first DLC pack (out of a total of 8), in large part because I’m already weary of the game so I have to take long breaks to avoid losing my mind. I expect I’ll still be working on it months from now. 

11 hours ago, Doodlebawp said:

I've been eyeing AC Valhalla for a while now after Mirage gave me the itch to play the series again. For me it'll one of those trophy lists that I chip away at over the course of a year. I'll probably give it a go this summer after Stellar Blade comes out.

Great month overall! For once I'm excited about the Premium list. 

It’ll take a lot of time to get the Platinum, and substantially more if you decide to go for 100% since there’s 8 DLC packs as well. Chipping away is about the only option, it’s huge.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 11:30 AM, Sailar91 said:

spacer.png

Premium:

Resistance: Retribution | PSP (will probably have trophies)

Source: https://t.co/kR7m6TaBI4

Finally! Took them long enough. Killzone Liberation was a treat, so I'm expecting a similarly enjoyable experience with this. And like KL was, this handheld title is the final game I need for this series' 100% completion. 

Edited by EcoShifter

28 minutes ago, stuck-energies3 said:

does tales of arise on ps plus extra include the new dlc ?

Of course not, they want your money so you have to buy it. It's deal of the week currently in the store.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wild that you can get Spacers Choice on PS+ but not on Games Pass. Anyway I'll eventually given TOW another chance since I hear the dlc is excellent. Also need to play Valhalla but good lord it's going to be a grind to try and get the plat. One of these days I'll try the Tales games. 

On 2/14/2024 at 10:29 AM, SupergiantStarr said:

Tales fans, is it worth the seemingly difficult grind for those platinums? With the exception of Tales of Arise (hoping to grab the DLC on sale), those other games look like a 100-150 hour slog with multiple playthroughs. 

I have my trophy cabinet on my page filled with nine "Tales of" Platinum, but I am not going to trout that I am an expert/true fan, but rather 1) I really like the series and 2) I been there and felt your pain and concern.

As with anything, there going to be disagreements and agreement with other post before and after. I actually discovered the 'Tales of' series via translated <redacted> Tales of Phantasia in the 1990s. However we will stick to the four that are on PS Extra+

I will start with the part you mentioned:

"With the exception of Tales of Arise"
If you have not invested in a 'Tales of' game before, this may be a good starting point for you for the following reasons:
1) Game is by far the easiest and quickest to platinum (This is probably the one undisputed fact)
2) If you play on PS4 - you can get Auto-Pop on PS5 (we are on a trophy board, let's be honest here)

*Personally, given I played all games mostly in order, Tales of Arise is one of my LEAST favorite 'Tales of' game because it decides to go in a completely different direction from all the other games. It is like it is intended to cater to the West vs staying with all the normal cliche that more seen in the East. This is probably why there is a new generation of people saying it is "the best" one because it's different. Honestly, I just didn't have fun with it story/character wise and the battle system never clicked with me as it has with nearly every other series entry.

"Short and painless" as one said? Short, yes. Painless, I had a pain tolerating at times. There was one part that had a 20+ minute cutscene that I had absolutely went nowhere in my opinion and was already up past my old man bedtime right after a major boss fight that just was awful. There was also (at the time I played) issues where there's are number of emotional/touching/moving side quest scenes where the characters are whispering, but the majestic fanfare town music plays right over it completely ruining the scene.

----------------
Tales of Symphonia:
This is generally one that I feel most people will agree is the fan favorite/most liked/best story/game that put the series on the map (Played it on the Gamecube post college, I'm old, get off my lawn) - There's just a reason most people that like the 'Tales of' series point to this game over and over.

That said - playing for Trophies: Yea, it sucks. I feel the 7/10 Difficult it a bit high. However, there is no way to sugar coat it, you're in for playing the game an extra three times just because you can only get one character's certain title (a 'Tales of' concept) per playthrough. Even then, if you follow a guide, you're still kind of scripting yourself each playthrough.

----------------
Tales of Vesperia
This is other game that is really popular from the older era. It originally was a XBox 360 exclusive and similarly to Symphonia, has one of the most popular main characters and bad-@$$ sidekick that no other in the series has. The story also tends to relate to most people.

Playing for Trophies: The biggest issues is a "one guide location" - all the guides out there reference the XBox 360 as a base. You then are looking at numerous other guides to piece together to make your journey as easy as possible. I did the Platinum on the Definitive Edition in 2019 and there still isn't a "one guide in English" strictly using the PS3/4/Def versions. There's also a double edge sword to the point that 25 of the trophies are for beating bosses a certain way (which is annoying)

----------------
Tales of Zestiria
I will keep this short. Personally I liked the game and had only minor  issues with it overall. That said I completely understand why people do not like as it is extremely simplistic "good vs evil" with a main character that is just "too pure" to get into. The secondary main character from the beginning I recall also being exhausting to tolerate. Some times people like to play a game that doesn't try to quilt the player (looking at you Arise) and just enjoy a simple story.

*Special Note: I will defend and die on the hill that Zestiria is the 'Tales of' series's magnum opus soundtrack as a whole.

Playing for trophies: This would be the second easiest and quickest of the four to platinum with only one additional playthrough, however you have the problem of the paid DLC. You'll see that even as I enjoyed the game, I never went and got the DLC myself. You either shell out money or live with the sub 100%

If any of this helped you, great! I hope you find the series fun and welcoming. If I wrote all this for no one. At least I did it getting paid overtime.

• Like 1