Pentiment trophy thoughts

MidnightDragon

23 minutes ago, BusyFace13 said:

The PS5 game tile looks off brand too. I wonder if an intern threw everythjng together whilst everyone else continued with Avowed.

I think it's kinda in line with the Act trophies. Either way, there wasn't a need for one on XBox so yeah, probably just put something together to get it released.

3 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Looks like a 4/10

More like 1/10 or 2/10. There's nothing in the game that really require any gaming skills, it's pretty much just making the right choices.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Juzota said:

More like 1/10 or 2/10. There's nothing in the game that really require any gaming skills, it's pretty much just making the right choices.

Yep. The only thing that requires a semblance of skill is the gambling mini game in Act 2 and there are ways to cheat at it to the point of trivializing it.

It's a brilliant game, happy for those who've yet to play it. Never went for the 1000G on Xbox but it should be a 1-2/10, no combat at all, basically a visual novel with branching paths at certain points. Some clever saving and reloading should do it, but I'd strongly encourage folks to play blind the first time through.

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheShiftyChicken said:

I think it's kinda in line with the Act trophies. Either way, there wasn't a need for one on XBox so yeah, probably just put something together to get it released.

Sorry, I meant the overall PS5 game tile of Andreas on a blue background, not the PlatinumTrophy icon.

Yeah, disappointed they didn't just use the GORGEOUS Cover/Key Art for both the Game and Trophy List Icons 😑 This just looks terrible by comparison (not the end of the world though of course, can't wait to get into this... Never got around to it when I was still subbed to Game Pass Ultimate on my Xbox Series X)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BusyFace13 said:

The PS5 game tile looks off brand too. I wonder if an intern threw everythjng together whilst everyone else continued with Avowed.

Yeah, it’s like someone dragged a crappy desktop icon to the game tile folder or something.

• Like 1

"Platinum Trophy" 

Yeah thanks, any name for it or-?

It's like a placeholder they forgot to take out. 

"Dave, remember PlayStation has a completion trophy as well, just type Platinum Trophy here for now. We can think of a witty and funny trophy name later.."

I have the 1000G on Xbox and this game is a gem. Well written characters, story was excellent, visuals are exceptionally well done, and I personally enjoyed the slower paced light P&C puzzling. To some, it may border on too slow and times, and the world opens up too quickly IMO, so by later acts it does get pretty repetitive making the rounds. Still, a 9/10 game for me as its highs are really high. If this time period of history intrigues you, you'll have a treat. Maybe less for people who don't like history, point and click or slower burners. 

Regarding completion I'd put it at a 2 or 3/10 and 15 hours with a good guide. Very little "skill" needed but a lot of missable to watch out for. It requires at least 1 full playthrough and 1 partial playthrough, if you're savvy with backups. It took me 16 hr 18m, but I suspect it could be done in the 10-12 hour range if you rush, with the average probably being somewhere around my completion time. 

TrueAchievements has a stellar walkthrough. If anything, it probably contains more than you truly need for completion, but this game is a gem so I didn't mind soaking up every bit of content.

P.S. Shame the tile art isn't as good as Xbox. This art is great.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I have the 1000G on Xbox and this game is a gem. Well written characters, story was excellent, visuals are exceptionally well done, and I personally enjoyed the slower paced light P&C puzzling. To some, it may border on too slow and times, and the world opens up too quickly IMO, so by later acts it does get pretty repetitive making the rounds. Still, a 9/10 game for me as its highs are really high. If this time period of history intrigues you, you'll have a treat. Maybe less for people who don't like history, point and click or slower burners. 

Regarding completion I'd put it at a 2 or 3/10 and 15 hours with a good guide. Very little "skill" needed but a lot of missable to watch out for. It requires at least 1 full playthrough and 1 partial playthrough, if you're savvy with backups. It took me 16 hr 18m, but I suspect it could be done in the 10-12 hour range if you rush, with the average probably being somewhere around my completion time. 

TrueAchievements has a stellar walkthrough. If anything, it probably contains more than you truly need for completion, but this game is a gem so I didn't mind soaking up every bit of content.

P.S. Shame the tile art isn't as good as Xbox. This art is great.

This.

Just finished the platinum (Think i might be the first one to?) and it's still as fantastic as it was when I first played. Not hard at all to platinum it can just be a little annoying with some trophies like the slightly RNG based gambling one and the fact that even the smallest choice could mean a whole extra playthrough. But thankfully I already knew what to do from when I finished it on Xbox.

Some great guides out there. You'll prob look at around 12-13 hours a minimum if you're following one of those, mostly because of how much dialogue you're going through. (Do at least one blind playthrough, it's a phenomenal experience and well worth a playthrough free of trophy stress).

• Like 1