Trophy thoughts?

Kinda, wish it was a little cheaper on launch. Though I'm concerned that if it doesn't sell well because of the price point we won't get Dark Forces 2 remastered. Side note; do we have any idea when the System Shock Remake and System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition are launching for PS?

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Kinda, wish it was a little cheaper on launch. Though I'm concerned that if it doesn't sell well because of the price point we won't get Dark Forces 2 remastered. Side note; do we have any idea when the System Shock Remake and System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition are launching for PS?

Not yet. System Shock Remake (2023) will reach its 1-year release date on PC in about 3 months. Maybe more info until then.

16 minutes ago, BeenJoshed1217 said:

I'm loving that we are getting so many Star Wars remasters and releases. Giving me nostalgia!

Im still holding out for kotor 1 and 2 to get official ps releases. I’m not sure why they went switch only for those.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Im still holding out for kotor 1 and 2 to get official ps releases. I’m not sure why they went switch only for those.

Presumably because KOTOR was supposed to get a full remake for PS5.

I don't think $30 is too much for this... Sure the OG is on Steam for $5, but this isn't just a port. It's a remaster done by the team who remastered Quake 2. It's visuals are overhauled as much as possible for a 90s FPS. The cutscenes are all reworked and remade as well. They actually put work into this to make sure it looks great and plays well with a controller - something they couldn't really do originally when it released on PSX. 

I do think it would sell better if it had a PS+ discount for like $5 off, but it has more gameplay value than some of these live service $70 games that came out recently...

• Like 2

Price is definitely subjective but the fact that we live in an era where these games can be officially ported and enhanced is just awesome. It does look like a lot of work was done for this port. 

Edited by Startyde
  • Like 1

This would've been a day one buy for $20. It seems like the devs did a ton of work on remastering the game and cutscenes but idk... too many other good games. Would've liked to grab this one as a little side platinum while i play the bigger releases this year.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Startyde said:

Price is definitely subjective but the fact that we live in an era where these games can be officially ported and enhanced is just awesome. It does look like a lot of work was done for this port. 

I hope Nightdive Studios (or some other one) port Hexen to the current platforms someday, I would love it.

I would love From Software to release a King's Field collection too.

• Like 3

I think another thing that will stop people from buying this game day 1 is that the Battlefront Collection (which also has a much larger fanbase) is coming out in a couple weeks and is basically the same price as this game (with the pre-order discount).

I think a lot of people (myself included) will opt to just get the Battlefront Collection and wait for a sale on Dark Forces.

Edited by lordzeze
  • Like 1