Grandia HD Collection finally coming to PS4 March 26

VeldinX

Maybe they are Bringing the Double Pack from Switch/PC to Playstation. Grandia seems to be PS4 only.

Has anybody tested the Grandia Classic Download?

Edited by PhillXVII
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, PhillXVII said:

Not exactly. Valkyrie Profile was the first one.

That was PSP not PS1, and it wasn’t included as a classic but rather sold as a standalone product. 

7 minutes ago, ChadDeathBringer said:

Grandia 2 looks like it is going to be released on psn with trophy support as well and the list can be found on truetrophies site

6 minutes ago, PhillXVII said:

Maybe they are Bringing the Double Pack from Switch/PC to Playstation. Grandia seems to be PS4 only.

Has anybody tested the Grandia Classic Download?

Oh damn. Must be the remasters then, because Grandia II is a PS2 game so couldn’t be one of the emulated classics. Unless they finally fixed the PS2 emulator. First theory is more likely though let’s be honest. 😅

Theres not been any announcement of these has there? 

Edited by VeldinX
  • Like 1

Holy shit, Grandia II? The PS2 port was real bad, but I'll take it. Ryudo is my favorite.

grandia-ii-ryudo.jpg

Would be nice if they could give it a good fix if it's coming via PS2 Emulation. Do not see this coming as a port

Edited by DesmaBR
  • Like 1

Grandia II was never released for PS1 or PSP, but it did launch on PlayStation 2. Unless the list for the first game is for a new version different than the one on PlayStation Plus Premium, it looks like we may have our first new PS2 game for the Classics Catalog.

Bring on the classic PS1 + PS2 RPGs.

So many have been lost to time.  Shadow Hearts is the dream, but the company that made it is long dead.  Not sure how Sony could handle the rights to it, if they even thought it would be worth the bother.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

Unless they finally fixed the PS2 emulator. First theory is more likely though let’s be honest.

There was actually a post on reddit just yesterday where some guy found a linkedin page for the company doing emulation for the PS1/PSP classics and it mentioned they're working on PS2 emulation too, so it might actually happen some day.

Regardless, heck yes! Was really disappointed when Grandia did not have trophies so even if this is the remasters I am excited for it to finally come to PS. God I love the Grandia battle system so much, been wanting the series on my trophy profile for so long.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, blue_blur_98 said:

Grandia II was never released for PS1 or PSP, but it did launch on PlayStation 2. Unless the list for the first game is for a new version different than the one on PlayStation Plus Premium, it looks like we may have our first new PS2 game for the Classics Catalog.

I doubt. There's a trophy for beating the game on Hard mode. Hard mode was added on the new remaster for PC/Switch

Im thinking this may be the hd releases that have been on steam/switch for a few years as the trophy list is identical to the achievement list on steam. Plus all ps1/psp classics have had both a ps4 and 5 list so unless the ps5 list hasn't synced yet its possible we might get a surprise Grandia ha drop within the next few days rather then patching the ps1 version because if a trophy patch doesn't drop by tomorrow and or the hd ports drop within the next few days then most likely its definitely the hd ports that will be trophy supported rather then the ps1 classic version as most games that later had trophy support patched in had the patches available as soon as they synced to the server.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

I doubt. There's a trophy for beating the game on Hard mode. Hard mode was added on the new remaster for PC/Switch

4 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

Im thinking this may be the hd releases that have been on steam/switch for a few years

You were right! A listing for the Grandia HD Collection has now appeared on the PS Store

Yeah, I assumed they had that long rumoured PS2 Emulator up and running (also saw the Article that mentioned that the "Classics" are handled by an outside company and they are actually working on bringing PS2 games over finally)

Since this is just the HD Collection from PC/Switch (already own it on Switch too btw) the real question is WHAT TOOK SOME DAMN LONG? 😒 Also a total waste of a PS1 Classic slot with Grandia 1 now (at least I already owned it from the PS3 Era so it was "Free" but still 🤷‍♂️)

Edited by MRR---OFFICIAL
  • Like 2