I made a tool to easily downgrade PS4 games to any older version

18 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I'm useless with stuff like this. To use this I would need to setup a proxy server, right? Do I need to have a wired connection for it to work as my doesn't have an ethernet port. 

This app starts the proxy server for you. You just supply the JSON link. Your PC and PS need to be on the same network. Wireless or wired does not matter.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, HusKy said:

This app starts the proxy server for you. You just supply the JSON link. Your PC and PS need to be on the same network. Wireless or wired does not matter.

Nice one, thanks 🙂

Gave this a try with Duck Game, but without results.

Attempting to download the 1.0 version will just give the latest version, and if i try to just download game with the previous patch, I will get a message on ps4 stating that the game could not be found on the server.

There might be a few games where this does work at all.

Just tried this tool on PS5, works great! I'm curious if I get this correctly though.. if you are on a PS5, can you only downgrade to a specific update of a digital game (like a 1.01, 1.02, etc) but NOT 1.00? If there is a way to put a 1.0 link in Mode 1 (and where to find those), I'd appreciate it!

5 minutes ago, NickNintendo14 said:

if you are on a PS5, can you only downgrade to a specific update of a digital game (like a 1.01, 1.02, etc) but NOT 1.00?

v1.00 is the base game, no patch.

The proxy essentially blocks the patch from being downloaded altogether. PS4 does not mind and will happily install just the base game but PS5 detects the patch being blocked and won't proceed. Not much that can be done about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VirtualNight said:

Gave this a try with Duck Game, but without results.

Attempting to download the 1.0 version will just give the latest version, and if i try to just download game with the previous patch, I will get a message on ps4 stating that the game could not be found on the server.

There might be a few games where this does work at all.

That was the one game I was thinking to give this a try as the disk copies for this game are quite high now 

4 minutes ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

I'll definitely be doing Mafia 3 but gonna try with Diablo 3 and get that final trophy out the way

There's a workaround for that Diablo 3 trophy, which doesn't require you to downgrade your game :): https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/150125-dlc-trophy-terror-in-the-blood-since-new-patch-13-september-2023-not-obtainable/?do=findComment&comment=2927777

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Oh nice, saves me some headaches then. Learning a lot here lol

41 minutes ago, ASleepyGerbil said:

That was the one game I was thinking to give this a try as the disk copies for this game are quite high now 

It could be i did something wrong (but i doubt, given how easy it is to use this tool), it would be nice if you or someone else manages to make it work somehow.

Apparently the version 1.03 is the one to use, with the 1.04 being the trophies-breaker, my ps4 with the proxy downloaded the 1.03 but I also tried to download the game normally, so without the proxy, on my ps5 and i still got the 1.03, so I don't know what is the deal with this game at the moment.

This tool might also help for Thehunter: Call of the Wild, since after patch 1.16 a trophy has been glitched for everyone (minus one lucky player) for 2 years.

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

v1.00 is the base game, no patch.

The proxy essentially blocks the patch from being downloaded altogether. PS4 does not mind and will happily install just the base game but PS5 detects the patch being blocked and won't proceed. Not much that can be done about it.

Thanks a ton, friend, for helping to answer so many questions.👍

Sony really did tighten up security in a bunch of subtle ways on the PS5, rendering some old tricks ineffective - including that PS4 method of filling your storage space with other games to only leave enough space for the 1.0 base game download, without room for the patches. That kind of thing just doesn't fly on PS5 anymore.😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

It could be i did something wrong (but i doubt, given how easy it is to use this tool), it would be nice if you or someone else manages to make it work somehow.

Apparently the version 1.03 is the one to use, with the 1.04 being the trophies-breaker, my ps4 with the proxy downloaded the 1.03 but I also tried to download the game normally, so without the proxy, on my ps5 and i still got the 1.03, so I don't know what is the deal with this game at the moment.

This tool might also help for Thehunter: Call of the Wild, since after patch 1.16 a trophy has been glitched for everyone (minus one lucky player) for 2 years.

So I have give this a try and seems to work mate. I did try on the PS5 but as it states above think it’s to do with the size of the new newer update. I then did this on PS4 and revered this to patch 1.02 (last patch on the EU stack) and I managed to pop the mined trophy. I have not fully tested the other trophies but I was able to play a local game with two controller's

2 minutes ago, archangeltw_ said:

Will there be a Mac version for those who don’t have a PC?:(

That was answered in the third post of this thread :):

On 4/7/2024 at 11:15 AM, StarWolf3000 said:

According to the Github, it's just a bunch of Python scripts, that utilise Qt for the GUI and doesn't use any platform-dependent libraries, so all other Windows versions and other OS's can use the scripts directly, as long as Python and a Qt binding is installed.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ASleepyGerbil said:

So I have give this a try and seems to work mate. I did try on the PS5 but as it states above think it’s to do with the size of the new newer update. I then did this on PS4 and revered this to patch 1.02 (last patch on the EU stack) and I managed to pop the mined trophy. I have not fully tested the other trophies but I was able to play a local game with two controller's

Still no luck on my side. Same issues as before. And if i try on ps5, I get an error the moment i try to download the game (with mode 1 of course).

EDIT: finally worked. I additionally had to restart the ps4 after setting the proxy. I do have version 1.00, i hope is enough to do the currently glitched trophies at least.

Edited by VirtualNight

3 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

Yes, I plan to try this as well, but only after I finish everything else. For years and years, the game has been perpetually breaking in so many ways. Im sure every patch pre v1.67 has issues as well. If you try it, it's best to just get that one trophy and come back to the current patch, or wait until everything else is done.

Is Parque Fernando's finest also broken?

5 minutes ago, Riiszk said:

Yes, I plan to try this as well, but only after I finish everything else. For years and years, the game has been perpetually breaking in so many ways. Im sure every patch pre v1.67 has issues as well. If you try it, it's best to just get that one trophy and come back to the current patch, or wait until everything else is done.

The only currently broken trophy in that game is "Cuatro Colinas Arc" but at one point, most of the trophies unobtainable because a patch broke them so you're going to do some digging to find the optimal update to download, to ensure you don't get a bad one.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

So i finally made this work. I leave a bit of an experience from my side on this.

Apparently, after i set the proxy on ps4 and check the connection, i must then restart the console otherwise the download will always happen on latest patch.

I had problems with a strange message when i tried to download with a specific patch, saying that the game is not found in the server. The workaround was to download the base version (mode 2), then i have switched to mode 1 with the patch i wanted, restarted the ps4, and i could update the already installed game (v 1.00) to such patch (1.02 for Duck Game).

Big kudos to the OP for this tool, I couldn't make the previous method for downgrading to work at all.

23 minutes ago, Riiszk said:

I think the issue with parque fernando was that people could not place the puma in the lodge, but i just did it today so the 100% on this dlc should be fine.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Will the great Stranded Deep platinum rush of 2023 make a return? Someone's going to revert to version 1.18 and see if it works again...

I don't think that'll work because it required you to join an online lobby, and if you have an older version it won't let you play online.

Edit: is there a thread for games that require to downgrade to get the platinum?

Edited by Jeanolt