I made a tool to easily downgrade PS4 games to any older version

38 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Do you plan to add support for other/older Operating Systems for those of us who don't have Windows 10 or 11?

According to the Github, it's just a bunch of Python scripts, that utilize Qt for the GUI and doesn't use any platform-dependent libraries, so all other Windows versions and other OS's can use the scripts directly, as long as Python and a Qt binding is installed.

• Like 3

Hi, first of all thank you for the tool you created, it looks very easy to use, but I'm actually having trouble trying to download Skull the hero, I'm following your guide exactly, but it gives me an error. It says "found latest version 01.21" and then in red 

########################################
Error: Not the same game ID
CUSA ID of game to download is CUSA27428,
CUSA ID of version to replace is CUSA27432
PS5: Error CE-107893-8
PS4: Direct error cannot download

Am I doing something wrong? Im using my ps4 on version 11.50

9 hours ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

Hopefully we can see PS5 game support in the future, and it seems like a great tool with much potential.

Exactly my thoughts. Awesome work, aikikalaskamaido.

• Like 1

If this tool gains popularity and wide usage, it will be interesting to see how it affects the popular games list.

Will the great Stranded Deep platinum rush of 2023 make a return? Someone's going to revert to version 1.18 and see if it works again...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Exactly my thoughts. Awesome work, aikikalaskamaido.

Agreed, bravo to OP for their work. 

2 hours ago, RuFfLeS_eXtReMe said:

Ok, this is weird, so I tried the same thing on my ps5 and it worked!? Actually, this time I copied the json url from orbis website and not from your guide... hummm. Well anyways, thank you again, it did work on my ps5.

I saw that you checked out my guide over on YouTube as well, glad to see it helped you out! ^^

• Like 1

This is awesome, thanks so much! I've bought a few games with broken trophies recently, intending to downgrade them with Charles when I get around to them, and having this will make it infinitely easier.

I was hoping someone would make a simple GUI tool like this for downgrading. Nicely done!

14 hours ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

Hopefully we can see PS5 game support in the future

I can already tell you that this will not be possible with a stock PS5 firmware.

19 minutes ago, UltrasuperNight said:

Does this tool work on PS5? Like, if I want to downgrade a PS4 game, can I do it on PS5?

Mode 1 should work (works with Charles), mode 2 probably not.

6 hours ago, RuFfLeS_eXtReMe said:

You probably provided US JSON link for EU version or vice versa.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

That tool looks awesome. It will definitely help obtaining all trophies in Mafia III which would be horrible because of the last trophy broken patches. By using your tool, I can hopefully easily downgrade to patch 1.09 and have a non-glitched platinum experience. Great job!

4 hours ago, DAS2in1 said:

My system detected a trojan and canceled the download from github

2 hours ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Yeah same.

This is what it said

trojan:win32/wacatac.blml

You can trust this because the code is open source.

If you're concerned, you can run the source code yourself in a Python environment,

or use VMware to create a virtual sandbox system to run it.

8 hours ago, RuFfLeS_eXtReMe said:

Hi, first of all thank you for the tool you created, it looks very easy to use, but I'm actually having trouble trying to download Skull the hero, I'm following your guide exactly, but it gives me an error. It says "found latest version 01.21" and then in red 

PS5: Error CE-107893-8
PS4: Direct error cannot download

Am I doing something wrong? Im using my ps4 on version 11.50

The game versions need to be consistent. For example, if you have the US version, using the EU JSON won't work.

2 hours ago, UltrasuperNight said:

Does this tool work on PS5? Like, if I want to downgrade a PS4 game, can I do it on PS5?

YES, but it can only be used when downloading PS4 games on the PS5 console.

As it stands now, it's impossible to downgrade PS5 games.

Simply put, we can't obtain some of the transmitted content for PS5 game download patches because it's encrypted, so we can't replace it with the version we want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aikikalaskamaido said:

You can trust this because the code is open source.

If you're concerned, you can run the source code yourself in a Python environment,

or use VMware to create a virtual sandbox system to run it.

The problem is, at least for me, that it starts to download then pops up "couldn't download - Virus detected" the V.08 works to download and run perfectly fine but as noted, it's in a different language 

2 minutes ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

The problem is, at least for me, that it starts to download then pops up "couldn't download - Virus detected" the V.08 works to download and run perfectly fine but as noted, it's in a different language 

You may have to either whitelist the download if that's possible or completely disable your Anti-Virus program until after you have finished downgrading whatever game it is you're working on.

• Like 1