I made a tool to easily downgrade PS4 games to any older version

15 minutes ago, aikikalaskamaido said:

The correct JSON link is the URL that appears after you click on the RAW URL, which is the link in the browser's address bar. 

QQ20240411014346d59fe902a6d5bd48.png

correct JSON:

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA03617_00/72/f_6c3faab1ab7f2485076aa29f7a982d99c8acdd4de8822c9072b736cb8e8fbdb9/f/EP1001-CUSA03617_00-MAFIA30000000001-A0109-V0101.json

You just need to paste  it  into the software.

Thank you, I knew I was doing something stupid for it to not work 😄

Edit: Got it to work, downloading version 1.09 on PS5 right now.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Janire1911 said:

Thank you, I knew I was doing something stupid for it to not work 😄

There's an easier way, just click the 'details' button under the patch, it displays the .json link right there, copy the link location and paste it :)

14 hours ago, NickNintendo14 said:

Can't you just paste in a 1.00 .json (if those even exist) and download it that way on PS5? Or does it still prevent that

No, it's not possible to get digital games to 1.0 by any means on the PS5. You can do it with retail games by playing offline so the patch won't download but digital games are stuck on whatever the latest patch is, regardless.

• Like 1

Since someone mentioned the comrades trophy for FF, which i think is an online only thing, does this mean you can play online modes with an older patch? If so, I'd really recommend to avoid it, due to the ToS mentioned earlier. Personally, I'd only use this downgrade tool for offline trophies, while also staying offline myself when in the game.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

Since someone mentioned the comrades trophy for FF, which i think is an online only thing, does this mean you can play online modes with an older patch? If so, I'd really recommend to avoid it, due to the ToS mentioned earlier. Personally, I'd only use this downgrade tool for offline trophies, while also staying offline myself when in the game.

My understanding is that Comrades is a rare anomaly where patch downgrades are concerned, because normally the vast majority of MP games won't even let you connect to the servers unless you have the latest patch installed.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Haha 1

Guys maybe someone can confirm to me that the thing i was trying is definitely not possible :D new to this so excuse me if it sounds stupid in the first place. 

The game: Death`s Gambit. There was a debug menu in the earlier versions ( 1.00 -1.04 or so i guess ). I do own the disc, the disc version however has 1.08 preinstalled, the recent update is 1.11. I found version 1.02 on orbis, but it`s not possible to downgrade from 1.08 to 1.02 am i correct here?

This little tool is amazing maybe we should start a thread and list all games where this would be useful!

Edited by DavySuicide

This is an incredible looking tool.  I've used the Charles-depatch method for a couple of games in the past and I really wish was available then.  Kudos!

It sounds like this tool can let your PS remain connected to the proxy network indefinitely (as long as your PC is running) because there isn't the licensing limitations like Charles had.  So would that mean you could have the full suite of PSN connectivity and stay online and not worry about babysitting the console? (Making sure the latest patch doesn't download in rest mode).

1 hour ago, VirtualNight said:

I'm currently playing through the Comrades DLC using this method. It plays offline instead of online and gives you AI as partners instead. I've had my PS5 offline since downgrading to avoid the update downloading and having to cancel and delete it every time. 

18 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

Guys maybe someone can confirm to me that the thing i was trying is definitely not possible :D new to this so excuse me if it sounds stupid in the first place. 

The game: Death`s Gambit. There was a debug menu in the earlier versions ( 1.00 -1.04 or so i guess ). I do own the disc, the disc version however has 1.08 preinstalled, the recent update is 1.11. I found version 1.02 on orbis, but it`s not possible to downgrade from 1.08 to 1.02 am i correct here?

This little tool is amazing maybe we should start a thread and list all games where this would be useful!

That shouldn't work.🥲 According to your description, the initial version that comes with the disc is 1.08. Downgrading to a lower version (e.g., 1.08 -> 1.04) is not possible. However, if the disc is the original 1.0 version, or any version lower than 1.04, then upgrading to 1.04 would be possible (1.0 -> 1.04).

20 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

This is an incredible looking tool.  I've used the Charles-depatch method for a couple of games in the past and I really wish was available then.  Kudos!

It sounds like this tool can let your PS remain connected to the proxy network indefinitely (as long as your PC is running) because there isn't the licensing limitations like Charles had.  So would that mean you could have the full suite of PSN connectivity and stay online and not worry about babysitting the console? (Making sure the latest patch doesn't download in rest mode).

That does sound like a possible solution. However, connecting through a proxy server adds an extra hop for the console's network connection, which might affect download speeds and connection quality. I recommend using a direct connection for anything other than the downgrade process.😂

Just now, aikikalaskamaido said:

That does sound like a possible solution. However, connecting through a proxy server adds an extra hop for the console's network connection, which might affect download speeds and connection quality. I recommend using a direct connection for anything other than the downgrade process.😂

Absolutely agreed.  But it's a neat thought experiment.  One time I left my PS5 in rest mode and came back to Mafia repatched to 1.12 😆

14 minutes ago, Critical-Damage7 said:

So to play v1.00 do I select v1.02 from orbispatches? Because that's the only one I see on the EU version.

Sorry, I'm kinda confused.

To download 1.0 you need to do it on a PS4, then select mode 2 and enable to proxy, then just download the game and it will only download the base game v1.0  

5 hours ago, Critical-Damage7 said:

Anyone know where I can find v1.00 for Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection?

Can't find it on https://orbispatches.com.

Just need to do the tweak glitch on Uncharted 2

The fastest way to play U2 unpatched, is to use a retail copy of the original Trilogy release, then install it offline so the patch won't start downloading but do note the standalone re-release of Uncharted 2, comes pre-patched with the latest update hardcoded into it.

26 minutes ago, KAdamsy1 said:

So with this program you can only downgrade a ps4 game to 1.0 on a ps4?

Is it not possible to downgrade a ps4 game to 1.0 on a ps5?

You can downgrade PS4 games on both PS4 and PS5 consoles.
It has two modes:
- Mode 1: Downloads a specific version
- Mode 2: Downloads version 1.00

Edited by Soraking1991
Further clarification
  • Like 1