Custom Servers have been created (currently not approved by the CRT)

5 minutes ago, BEYOND-EVIL said:

psnp won’t allow this and if you do they’ll just get a copy paste how to hide trophies but their overpaid staff 

Yes, the staff is most certainly overpaid. How much is the right amount of pay for staff, and how much is overpaid?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

If its not openly accepted / allowed by the CRT

this thread should just be closed in all honesty

edit, if it involves breaking any rules violating any terms, advocating for breaking rules and violating terms, it should just be shut down

Edited by Property_Damage

if you ask me i feel using a server that brings back online is fine. I mean it is like chasing after the people on steam who use the tf2 servers where you get achievements by just standing there. i mean there will be people who misuse it but i mean that can be said about nearly anything.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, catstorm9 said:

this discussion is absolutely hilarious, because it has been going on for years and crt/staff will never allow or collaborate with such servers, because of the "integrity of leaderboards", which ultimately means nothing anymore HAHAHAJAJA

Wrong they accept custom server for bulletstorm & saints row 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

It's fine to play, everyone can have their own fun in games but I like It's allowed on leaderboard only if it’s trully available to anyone forever and we don't have to worry about "what-ifs".

If the official servers where truly available forever, what would be the point of custom servers? Do you expect custom servers to operate by a higher standard than the official ones?

6 hours ago, DaivRules said:

This is how to identify if people take playing videogames and their related digital awards too seriously. They think scenarios involving rules for participation can be related to crimes, even as far as murder. 

Honestly don't get why Daiv was so downvoted (like it or not, the confusion reactions are functionally equivalent to downvotes) other than "grr moderator 👿".

Just use these servers, folks. You'll only lose access to the leaderboards – that's honestly much more of a boon than a loss. You'll never get to a high rank unless you're willing to play the shovelware game for a long while and with full dedication, I'm afraid.

"Oh, but what about first/fastest achiever?" You're also not gonna get first achiever unless you're a reviewer/guidewriter/tester/etc., and you can always create alts for the latter as that's what most trophy speedrunners do anyway. I'm not sure if the "recent players" tab is also tied to the leaderboards, but if it is, especially depending on the types of games you play, that's also a positive; no folks bothering you to boost or whichever situation of the likes.

"Being outside of the leaderboards makes me get perceived as a cheater, though." Unfortunately true, indeed, but we can work on fixing that mentality in people. (Not that the CRT themselves don't help with changing the aforementioned perception with each passing day. :P)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, halvorls95 said:

Do you expect custom servers to operate by a higher standard than the official ones?

Yes and we already require them to.

We allow all normal servers without any criteria but only few custom ones that fit very specific requirements.

Better to have high standards to accept few then outright ban on any unofficial servers.

That beeing said if you want to have fun play any server you would like, i would play on alt tho.

Edited by WiktorM101

On 5/23/2024 at 5:58 PM, VigilantCrow said:

stop taking it's leaderboards so seriously

Anyone still does? I thought at this point everyone realize that PSNP leaderboards are designed solely for shovelware boiz

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

Anyone still does? I thought at this point everyone realize that PSNP leaderboards are designed solely for shovelware boiz

They aren't designed for them, they have just never been adjusted to separate them which is baffling because it's what most people want and not having it is what's stopped most people caring anymore. The only good leaderboard is the PS3 one, but even then you're against cheaters and glitched accounts. 

Highly doubtful anything will ever be done, I mean even the red/green arrows and New don't work anymore, mine has said "New" for about 3 months.  

• Like 1

There are problems to making these servers open-source, which is why it's not widespread behavior. I will take this opportunity to repeat my personal advice of just doing it, it's not like you have anything of actual substance to lose.

On 5/31/2024 at 11:47 AM, TheRetroManiac said:

So same old story not Open Source so not allowed, man I wish these people who revive these old servers did it so it's all allowed here.

Honestly wish there was an open-source custom server for Portal 2. The online coop was a lot of fun back in the day. It's a shame that Valve said fuck you to PlayStation players. 

• Like 1