GTA IV or GTA V? (polls)

willmill97

GTA IV or GTA V?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which game has a better written story?

• GTA IV
    • GTA V
  2. 2. Which game has better characters?

• GTA IV
    • GTA V
  3. 3. Which game has better multiplayer? (Not counting any trophies)

• GTA IV
    • GTA V

I want to see you guys' gals' opinions on what you think is better, GTA4 or GTA5, with all these lovely jubbly polls!

I personally vote GTA IV has a better written story, characters and multiplayer, but that's just me. (I do believe GTA V has better gameplay and map though but I wasn't able to add those, so I'll just go with these.)

Don't forget to say what you voted for below :)

Edited by willmill97

GTA V across all, yeah, even the story. I had maaany fun times with GTA IV's multiplayer, especially back when I had it new on the 360 (Happiness Island pier with spawns on near, enough said) , but GTAO is better overall.

I actually think the story in GTA IV is much better,  GTA V is just about humor and pure destruction lol

Don't get me wrong I love GTA V but if GTA IV played like GTA V and had a more diverse world I think I'd choose GTA IV as the better game.

But the world diversity and game play mechanics make me feel that GTA V is a better game. 

Very close though, both are good. IMO. ;)

I loved the idea of Niko's backstory of the Yugoslavian wars, and finding Darko in GTA IV, and many other things which made me prefer the story on IV..

I prefer the characters in IV, ones like Dimitri, Niko, Roman, The McRearys and Bulgarin, they were all very unique and all very memorable. I love the 3 main characters in V, but the supporting characters are so forgettable, I can't even remember their names, nor remember who the 3 main villains even are!

The multiplayer in GTA IV was very simple and fun. Join a free roam session, spawn in the airport a long with a load of other people, shoot people with RPGs, and have a bloody fun time. The multiplayer in V, while you can see they have put a lot of effort into it, just seems too complicated with all this insurance stuff, I just don't like to think too hard when trying to have fun online, if you see what I mean. Plus on V, I always click 'Join Friend', loads, says I've joined friend, when I've just joined another lobby of randoms...  :shakefist:

Overall, if I had to give an overall score to both, I'd give GTA IV a 9.9/10 (One of my favourite games ever), and GTA V a 9/10 (Brilliant map and gameplay)

• Like 1

I voted GTA IV for the first two. I felt more sympathetic to Niko compared to the trio in GTA V. Not to say I didn't enjoy the trio in V.

I voted GTA V for multiplayer though. It really felt much more improved compared to GTA IV's.

I prefer the gritty style of GTA IV. The characters feel more realistic to me. Too much of GTA V seems to have been influenced by the popularity of Saints Row, with Rockstar returning focus back to the absurd and ridiculous (aliens, clowns, etc) for the sake of humor. I went with GTA IV for story and characters, but I have to give the nod to GTA V in multiplayer. This is mostly due to the content creator which utterly prevents anything from getting too worn. The style and design of GTAO is well thought-out, but like EVERY other R* game (including RDR), the overall execution of the MP is absurdly poor. GTA remains the only AAA tile whose online has no form of legitimate matchmaking. Having thousands upon thousands of "hosted" lobbies does nothing but split all the players up and makes it almost impossible to fill a room unless you know everybody playing. I didn't want to vote for either of them, but the fact that GTA IV only had 3 different co op games was the gamewinner for GTA V. I also MASSIVELY prefer the driving physics in GTA IV; they dumbed driving down for the mass population in V and it feels horrible.

They are both great games though, I'm extremely happy to have them both just as they are. 

Edited by RedEye420

Story and Characters definitely goes to IV. V just to me felt like there wasn't a great focus on characters outside of the protagonists. The antagonists weren't at all memorable. Stretch and Cheng never got enough character development for me to care about them let alone hate them, I was totally indifferent to Steve Haines. Devin Weston I did dislike because he went after Michaels family but he still never managed to make me despise him like I did Dmitri or Bulgarin. The supporting cast didn't feel that interesting and often just got shoved into the corner and forgotten, quite literally for Wade. I think the problem was they were trying to tell so many stories at once with the three protagonists that nobody really got any character development but them (Well Trevor pretty much is a psychopath throughout, props to Rockstar for finally making a protagonist who probably actually would just go and randomly fuck everything up through, the perfect proxy for the average GTA players approach to the game). The ending choice was just plain rubbish in my opinion, it felt like they just made the C ending then decided they had make a choice so threw in a couple of halfassed options that leave a bunch of loose ends, I really don't think they were needed at all. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the campaign of V but it just never reaches the depths of IV for me. I never really got into the multiplayer of either but I've watched a lot of GTAO and it really does look like amazing fun when you have the right people to play with. Just a shame it got off to such a bad start that it has a negative reputation in some circles.

• Like 1

Story and Characters definitely goes to IV. V just to me felt like there wasn't a great focus on characters outside of the protagonists. The antagonists weren't at all memorable. Stretch and Cheng never got enough character development for me to care about them let alone hate them, I was totally indifferent to Steve Haines. Devin Weston I did dislike because he went after Michaels family but he still never managed to make me despise him like I did Dmitri or Bulgarin. The supporting cast didn't feel that interesting and often just got shoved into the corner and forgotten, quite literally for Wade. I think the problem was they were trying to tell so many stories at once with the three protagonists that nobody really got any character development but them (Well Trevor pretty much is a psychopath throughout, props to Rockstar for finally making a protagonist who probably actually would just go and randomly fuck everything up through, the perfect proxy for the average GTA players approach to the game). The ending choice was just plain rubbish in my opinion, it felt like they just made the C ending then decided they had make a choice so threw in a couple of halfassed options that leave a bunch of loose ends, I really don't think they were needed at all. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the campaign of V but it just never reaches the depths of IV for me. I never really got into the multiplayer of either but I've watched a lot of GTAO and it really does look like amazing fun when you have the right people to play with. Just a shame it got off to such a bad start that it has a negative reputation in some circles.

You basically have the same views as me except you said it better xD Also, thanks for reminding me V's antagonists' names :P

Man, I flat out hated the story of GTA V. I also had more fun with the characters in GTA IV, such as LJ, Brucie, and Packie. The gameplay of GTA V was leaps and bounds better than GTA IV, however, and I never got into GTA IV mulitplayer, so GTA V has my vote for that.