Sly Raccoon PS4/PS5 is coming on 11 June 2024!

Oof

This reminds me that i still have to finish 3 and 4 for both the vita and ps3

I remember just quitting somewhere half way through 3 on the vita

maybe i just burnt myself out trying to play through all 4 games that had 2 seperate trophy lists back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back

lol

I dont have the premium tier so unless its free for previous owners, then i can skip it

I always wanted to play Sly Copper but never got the chance so I'm really excited, they are also adding Tomb Raider Legend..

Pleasehavetrophies

Pleasehavetrophies

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Richtoon said:

In UK it's Sly Raccoon!

Yeah sly 1 was called sly racoon in pal territories for some reason but since sly 2 and 3 both dropped the name cooper from title the sly racoon name wasn't needed anymore. And by the time we finally had a sly 4 sony must have forgot why they changed the name and called it sly cooper everywhere.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Great this is finally happening but they need to roll these classic games out much faster- not to mention the fact that Sly and Tomb Raider already had HD PS3 versions with trophies so this was easy peasy for them to do- PS Premium and Nintendo Switch Online are pitiful with their retro offerings desite that being their main selling point (other than NSO being required for online play) !

Edited by Conor
  • Like 3

I clicked into this thread thinking "Sly Raccoon" was the name of a new remake or something, surprised to hear it's actually the localised name in some territories (including my own...?), almost can't tell if this is satire or not. :D

• Like 1

Sly (Cooper) 2: Band of Thieves was the best of the trilogy, anyways; I'll take Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus if it means I can get (trophy) Horseshoes, again.

Aren’t these already available as HD releases on the PS3 and vita? Im not really sure I’m understanding the hype. The games were ok but I’m not sure I want to play them again in likely a more inferior format. 

1 minute ago, Jeanolt said:

The HD streaming version will be the inferior one compared to this lol. It will look better, you'll be able to play offline (without subscription too, you can buy it), it has rewind, quick saves, filters, 16:4 and 4:3, etc.

This, plus the fact that not everybody got around to playing the games when they were initially released (or remastered, for that matter) - I certainly did not, so I am optimistic for this.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Burritoprime said:

I always wanted to play Sly Copper but never got the chance so I'm really excited, they are also adding Tomb Raider Legend..

Pleasehavetrophies

Pleasehavetrophies

It'd be a real bummer if Tomb Raider Legends doesn't get trophy support. Especially since the 1-3 ports each received trophy lists.

5 hours ago, VeldinX said:

Just so everyone’s aware: the game is called “Sly Raccoon” in Europe and Australia so the OP’s not wrong. Saying that, I personally never liked the title even though it’s my localised one. The original title is far superior. 

Maybe it was changed so it wouldn't cause confusion with Mini Cooper.

2021 MINI Hardtop 2 Door Price, Value, Ratings & Reviews | Kelley Blue Book

• Haha 2