What guide(s) are you currently writing?

Beyondthegrave07

I got OCD, so I'm a bit of a perfectionist when I write, and when I get into the zone, I'm not paying attention to the time. My passion is filmmaking, so to me it's like writing a script and I gave myself a deadline to be done by today. As a night owl, I work better working late, and didn't know on average how much time people spend on a guide. Now I know you do 3 hours, I can see now why it sounds hard core, might have to remind myself to slow down a bit. lol.

Thanks you, that will be a great help. the trophy the video goes under, is 'You Really are a hero' - clear all expert missions, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXbStgPDI6M&t=181s , credit: DBZanto Z, it shows all expert missions and their locations.

7 minutes ago, ninjagirl657 said:

I got OCD, so I'm a bit of a perfectionist when I write, and when I get into the zone, I'm not paying attention to the time. My passion is filmmaking, so to me it's like writing a script and I gave myself a deadline to be done by today. As a night owl, I work better working late, and didn't know on average how much time people spend on a guide. Now I know you do 3 hours, I can see now why it sounds hard core, might have to remind myself to slow down a bit. lol.

Thanks you, that will be a great help. the trophy the video goes under, is 'You Really are a hero' - clear all expert missions, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXbStgPDI6M&t=181s , credit: DBZanto Z, it shows all expert missions and their locations.

Well, the time spent on writing sessions varies per person. Some may consider 3 hours in a row hardcore. Others could go on for 20 hours. A general rule would be to take a break when it starts to feel like a chore or when you're not in the mood anymore, as that usually leads to rushing the guide.

Ok, added it.

Im still working on my SotTR trophy walkrhrough, but am also working on a Hollow Knight TW back to back

The Hollow Knight walkthrough will use my own maps as well as a enemy location map (1 doesnt currently exist on the net, only lists) for the Hunter trophies

If nobody has done 1 b4 me, I will make a TG for Hollow Knight at the same time

• Like 2

Since my Naruto UNS2 guide needs a looot of improvement, most of which I don't have the patience or time for currently, I wanted to start with a smaller game to get back into guide writing. So I decided to make a trophy guide for Deiland, as I'm currently going for the plat myself.

Thought about starting the guide to make descriptions for a few trophies, I already got, but I encountered the following error message when saving a trophy description:

GJ5UeT6.png

Tried it in Opera and in Chrome. Refreshed the site multiple times. Funnily enough, I was able to make a description for the trophy above. After that it didn't let me save any other trophy description.
Any ideas what I could do, to fix that?

(tagging @Dragon-Archon since you're one from the Guide team)

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 9:36 AM, lagoonaris said:

Since my Naruto UNS2 guide needs a looot of improvement, most of which I don't have the patience or time for currently, I wanted to start with a smaller game to get back into guide writing. So I decided to make a trophy guide for Deiland, as I'm currently going for the plat myself.

Thought about starting the guide to make descriptions for a few trophies, I already got, but I encountered the following error message when saving a trophy description:

GJ5UeT6.png

Tried it in Opera and in Chrome. Refreshed the site multiple times. Funnily enough, I was able to make a description for the trophy above. After that it didn't let me save any other trophy description.
Any ideas what I could do, to fix that?

(tagging @Dragon-Archon since you're one from the Guide team)

Hey, your Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 trophy guide was an extraordinary read, don't beat yourself up for it. I'm sure that, when you have the time to apply the mentioned changes, it'll turn out amazing (though I believe somebody else has started writing a trophy guide as well, so maybe you should message me and we can try sort out a potential collaboration, if appropriate). Onto your question, the error message titled 'unable to init from given binary data' is usually caused from any icons that have been added into the trophy description. Icons such as :square::bronze::r2: can, for example, force you to encounter this error. Luckily there is a simple fix (although it can be annoying to deal with); you must delete all of the icons within your description, save your changes, then add the icons back in on a separate change. For future reference, you should look into the Known Bugs & How to Avoid/Fix Them section of the Guide Manual. This situation you have experienced, as well as every other currently known issue within the guide editor have been listed in that section.

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ddracarys said:

Hey, your Naruto Ultimate Ninja STORM 2 trophy guide was an extraordinary read, don't beat yourself up for it. I'm sure that, when you have the time to apply the mentioned changes, it'll turn out amazing (though I believe somebody else has started writing a trophy guide as well, so maybe you should message me and we can try sort out a potential collaboration, if appropriate). Onto your question, the error message titled 'unable to init from given binary data' is usually caused from any icons that have been added into the trophy description. Icons such as :square::bronze::r2: can, for example, force you to encounter this error. Luckily there is a simple fix (although it can be annoying to deal with); you must delete all of the icons within your description, save your changes, then add the icons back in on a separate change. For future reference, you should look into the Known Bugs & How to Avoid/Fix Them section of the Guide Manual. This situation you have experienced, as well as every other currently known issue within the guide editor have been listed in that section.

It totally flew by by me, that there might be a list of known bugs in the Guide Manual. Should have looked there first. So, what did I learn from that? Don't try to start up guide writing if it's 10pm and you should already be in bed :D

Thanks for the answer, will look into it once I'm home.

And regarding the Naruto guide, I will send you a message right away. Always happy about potential collaborations.

• Like 1

I think the next new guide I'll write will be for Rigs: Mechanical Combat League. Most VR games lack good guides so I may start this one up after I finish the game, so I might not start for a bit.

This game actually has a good guide available online on PST.org, but I completely disagree with the roadmap (in fact, almost in the exact opposite order) and is a little outdated. It also lacks a couple of things worth mentioning that would have helped me tons at the beginning before getting spanked in my first couple matches.

I will accept help from those who have played it as I write guides at a snail's pace. Reply here or PM me if interested.

• Like 3

I just submitted my Crysis 2 Guide, i'm terribly sorry for how late it is considering the online is shutting down tommorrow. i had alot of school shit that kept me busy alot i was expected to be done by early of September. I still hope some people would use the guide for the SP trophies. Thanks and sorry :/ 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

I just submitted my Crysis 2 Guide, i'm terribly sorry for how late it is considering the online is shutting down tommorrow. i had alot of school shit that kept me busy alot i was expected to be done by early of September. I still hope some people would use the guide for the SP trophies. Thanks and sorry :/ 

Wow, that was close. I thought you'd given up on it.

I'm currently in the early stages of doing a guide for AFL Evolution. However i need to get a little bit of info if possible about tagging a few trophies. Theres a few trophies for reaching profile level 5, 15, 30 & 50. My brother got to level 30 and the trophy didn't pop. I'm assuming the others might glitch as well, should i mark all of them as bugged, or just the level 30 trophy? Personally these trophies didn't glitch on me.

Not a lot of people play this game anymore so getting info about other trophies being bugged is pretty hard. I got all bar 1 trophy without any being bugged.

The one that bugged for me was "Bragging Rights" - (Win 5 online matches in a row). And the reason for that being bugged is because the stats are saved "server side" or so i believe. Hopefully I'm saying that correctly. On top of that you can win a game and it will count as a loss, yet if you win another match the leaderboard will say you have a winning streak of 2. This can go on for multiple matches. The first time me and my brother tried to boost this i won 5 matches in a row yet the leaderboard said i only had 2 wins, so after i won 3 more matches i looked at the leaderboard and this time it said i had 4 wins in a row, i did yet another match and my winning streak reset to 0. I played yet ANOTHER match and the trophy popped and the leaderboard said i only had 4 wins in a row. Theres a lot of uncertainty about the leaderboard, and i highly doubt there will be an update to fix this issue as AFL Evolution 2 is due out in quarter 1 - 2019.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StarMadeKnight said:

I'm currently in the early stages of doing a guide for AFL Evolution. However i need to get a little bit of info if possible about tagging a few trophies. Theres a few trophies for reaching profile level 5, 15, 30 & 50. My brother got to level 30 and the trophy didn't pop. I'm assuming the others might glitch as well, should i mark all of them as bugged, or just the level 30 trophy? Personally these trophies didn't glitch on me.

Not a lot of people play this game anymore so getting info about other trophies being bugged is pretty hard. I got all bar 1 trophy without any being bugged.

The one that bugged for me was "Bragging Rights" - (Win 5 online matches in a row). And the reason for that being bugged is because the stats are saved "server side" or so i believe. Hopefully I'm saying that correctly. On top of that you can win a game and it will count as a loss, yet if you win another match the leaderboard will say you have a winning streak of 2. This can go on for multiple matches. The first time me and my brother tried to boost this i won 5 matches in a row yet the leaderboard said i only had 2 wins, so after i won 3 more matches i looked at the leaderboard and this time it said i had 4 wins in a row, i did yet another match and my winning streak reset to 0. I played yet ANOTHER match and the trophy popped and the leaderboard said i only had 4 wins in a row. Theres a lot of uncertainty about the leaderboard, and i highly doubt there will be an update to fix this issue as AFL Evolution 2 is due out in quarter 1 - 2019. 

I'd just mark the level 30 trophy as buggy and, if possible, add how the bug occurs. Once the guide is published, other people might mention they had trouble with the level 5 and 15 trophies too. In that case, you can mark them all as buggy. Did your brother also have trouble unlocking level 50?

Bragging Rights should definitely be marked as buggy with this explanation.

29 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'd just mark the level 30 trophy as buggy and, if possible, add how the bug occurs. Once the guide is published, other people might mention they had trouble with the level 5 and 15 trophies too. In that case, you can mark them all as buggy. Did your brother also have trouble unlocking level 50?

Bragging Rights should definitely be marked as buggy with this explanation.

Thanks for the quick reply Dragon. Ok i'll just mark the level 30 as bugged. My brother didn't end up getting to level 50 unfortunately. He traded his copy of AFL, i just got 100% finally so i'll lend him my copy and see if he wouldn't mind getting to level 50 and see if the trophy pops.     

• Like 1

AFL guide is on hold for ages. Not going to go into to much detail, but I had a very bad experience last night. I need to focus on my health before doing more guides.

For the foreseeable future I'll only be on the site once a week if that. If anyone has questions about AFL Evo or anything else, send me a PM and I'll answer you when I can.

Wish everyone the best for there guides there currently writing. <3

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 6:58 AM, ninjagirl657 said:

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, main guide is now published. A big thank you, to Dragon-Archon for all the help and advise, and it's a nice surprise, it was published today on my birthday. Best birthday present I could get. Hope the guide helps, will be working on the DLC guide soon.

That’s great news, I’m glad everything worked out on your trophy guide! And of course, I hope you had a lovely Birthday. :dance:

On ‎12‎-‎10‎-‎2018 at 7:58 PM, ninjagirl657 said:

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, main guide is now published. A big thank you, to Dragon-Archon for all the help and advise, and it's a nice surprise, it was published today on my birthday. Best birthday present I could get. Hope the guide helps, will be working on the DLC guide soon.

Happy belated birthday, I uh... totally planned it like that :ninja:

• Like 1

I'm back from the dead! My Celeste trophy guide has been submitted, and will (hopefully) be out soon! Sorry for such a long absence, I've been juggling school, work, family, and was having a burn out on this website, but hopefully, I shall make a triumphant return and gracefully get back into the swing of things, again...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ARB1992 said:

I am going to start up a guide for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. This one will take some time since I plan to play through the majority of the game in conjunction with writing the guide.

Good luck with the guide.

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

I'm back from the dead! My Celeste trophy guide has been submitted, and will (hopefully) be out soon! Sorry for such a long absence, I've been juggling school, work, family, and was having a burn out on this website, but hopefully, I shall make a triumphant return and gracefully get back into the swing of things, again...

Welcome back, did the daylights bring you back from the dead :awesome: ? Congrats with finishing the guide, I thought you'd given up on it.

I got a question with the Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 DLC, I was just about to start it and create a guide. But when I created it, it was put it in 4 different sections to choose from. Is their anyway to get the V1.12, V1.14 updates, and the extra pack 1 & 2 guides, to be in one DLC guide? I just deleted the guide I created, as it look to much work, to do a DLC guide 4 different times, instead of being together. If this can't be done, then I will do it separately, but it won't be the best. It does make it very confusing, to do 4 separate guides, when you can just put it together in one section.

13 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Welcome back, did the daylights bring you back from the dead :awesome: ? Congrats with finishing the guide, I thought you'd given up on it.

With that pun, I'll be dead by daylight :rolleyes:. Celeste really drained me for some reason...

On 10/3/2018 at 9:34 AM, Undead Wolf said:

I started a Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise trophy guide today, so I'll be working on that for a while. @Redgrave is going to help me out by creating a substory gameplay guide to go alongside it. We'll be sharing information with each other.

I believe another writer has also started writing both a trophy and gameplay guide for Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise. If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to message me. Otherwise, I thought I should at least inform you about it.

18 hours ago, ninjagirl657 said:

I got a question with the Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 DLC, I was just about to start it and create a guide. But when I created it, it was put it in 4 different sections to choose from. Is their anyway to get the V1.12, V1.14 updates, and the extra pack 1 & 2 guides, to be in one DLC guide? I just deleted the guide I created, as it look to much work, to do a DLC guide 4 different times, instead of being together. If this can't be done, then I will do it separately, but it won't be the best. It does make it very confusing, to do 4 separate guides, when you can just put it together in one section.

Sadly, no. Every DLC is separate. It used to be merged with the main game, but then people started to expect guide writers to also write guides for every DLC and keep it up to date, which is why DLCs were separated.

13 hours ago, Frosty said:

With that pun, I'll be dead by daylight :rolleyes:. Celeste really drained me for some reason...

I thought that was a fitting pun for this occasion :giggle: .

I can understand it being separated from the main trophy guide, but it's a bit of a shame that the V1.12 & V1.14 can't be added as one DLC guide. As they are all part of one guide, had to start doing it as an 2 part guide instead, so it links together. Just means more work for the guide writer, thanks for the info, I will just try my best with it. Lol.

12 hours ago, ddracarys said:

I believe another writer has also started writing both a trophy and gameplay guide for Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise. If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to message me. Otherwise, I thought I should at least inform you about it.

Thanks for the heads up. Me and @Redgrave are pretty much done with our guides now - just need a few last details. Should be able to submit it tonight.

• Like 1