What guide(s) are you currently writing?

Beyondthegrave07

7 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

Well, I'm thinking about writing a few guides for some games (that do not have a guide yet on PSNProfiles) as a way to contribute to PSNP.

The first guide I would like to write is the "Cat Quest Trophy Guide". Despite being a simple and short game, I think it is a good game to start with and learn better about the guide writing process. Plus, with the trophy guide, I will also leave some short tipos & strategies about xp grinding, combination of spells to use and small specific things.

Therefore:

• Cat Quest
  • PS4
  • In progress
  • I think I will not need any help for now

Nice, I just bought Cat Quest recently from the sale so I'll definitely use it.

Short and easy games or DLC are excellent to gain experience about writing guides, as they're very easy to revise, if that's necessary. Here's a link to the Guide Manual for some useful information, in case you haven't read it yet. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to help you out.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kallume said:
  • Siralim 2
  • PS Vita or PS4
  • In Progress
  • Seeking co-author

I've never even heard of that game before to be honest. However, if you require general help from somebody who can make your life a little easier in terms of formatting, wording, and even reviewing, I wouldn't mind helping you out!

On 7/7/2018 at 1:56 AM, ddracarys said:

I've never even heard of that game before to be honest. However, if you require general help from somebody who can make your life a little easier in terms of formatting, wording, and even reviewing, I wouldn't mind helping you out!

Hello ddracarys!

Siralim is a kind of Pokemon-esque game where there are almost 600 different creatures that each have unique traits. I have been very successful with one build and I was looking for a co-author whom had experience with a different, successful build that could contribute to the guide. I like to ensure I do not force the readers to go with one specific build, but let them experience the game through other builds.

Figured I’d post an update on how my guides are going.

@ddracarys Kingdom Come: Deliverance is currently underway and I shall be incorporating the new hardcore mode into the roadmap and guide under a second playthrough so that shall be on its way still and I’ve even refined a few strategies on some of the grindiest trophies so far. Although this game is a lot like Skyrim’s trophy list in the sense that it looks like a massive grind when in reality it’s not bad in the slightest and is quite fun!

As for 7 Days to Die I’m actually gonna be waiting for alphas 16 and 17 to release on console as the game in itself is gonna receive a massive overhaul. Also got in touch with the development team of the game on their discord server and forums and we’re in discussion about changing the trophy requirements for ‘Alexander the Great’ (2500 player kills) to NPC kills such as bandits etc to make the platinum a lot quicker, funner and more natural which should incite a lot more people into the game. I will keep the forum post updated that I created for that :D 

Starting ESO around September-November time but that should be after KC:D is finished and published so I’ll discuss that here as I approach that time.

As this is my first trophy guide and roadmap I’m taking an approach with writing it similar to how I tackle trophies on my new account (and when I first discovered trophies) the roadmap will be designed to enjoy the game in a way which you don’t have to worry about the trophies themselves until a cleanup playthrough and will always include a viable way of earning a trophy which doesn’t involve glitching or exploits, however I’ll include them as alternatives (and I personally always go for a trophy legitimately such as MWR MHC/Vet campaign or BF1’s DLC). However the approach I take to trophies is an interesting one as I’m a 100% completioninst account wise but trophies aren’t my main priority if that makes sense (but I don’t have a backlogue - not that kind of trophy hunter).

So in short - and sorry for the miniature rant, I’m gonna make the roadmap tailored for maximum game enjoyment whilst having all trophies within reach. Hopefully this means people enjoy the games I write guides for and can get that sense of accomplishment without being dragged down by trophies, not your usual approach to a guide but it’s a new approach I’ve readopted to trophy hunting (like back when I first discovered trophies and first started) so hopefully it gives them personality!

Edited by Waddlingdan
The guide’s grammar won’t be as bad as this post!
  • Like 1

Does anyone want to help me out with a Celeste (PS4) Trophy Guide? I've had it in the backburner for a LONG time and need some motivation, and some help with timestamps, other collectable type trophies, and any changes from someone more skilled then me :P

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 10:00 PM, Waddlingdan said:

Figured I’d post an update on how my guides are going.

@ddracarys Kingdom Come: Deliverance is currently underway and I shall be incorporating the new hardcore mode into the roadmap and guide under a second playthrough so that shall be on its way still and I’ve even refined a few strategies on some of the grindiest trophies so far. Although this game is a lot like Skyrim’s trophy list in the sense that it looks like a massive grind when in reality it’s not bad in the slightest and is quite fun!

As for 7 Days to Die I’m actually gonna be waiting for alphas 16 and 17 to release on console as the game in itself is gonna receive a massive overhaul. Also got in touch with the development team of the game on their discord server and forums and we’re in discussion about changing the trophy requirements for ‘Alexander the Great’ (2500 player kills) to NPC kills such as bandits etc to make the platinum a lot quicker, funner and more natural which should incite a lot more people into the game. I will keep the forum post updated that I created for that :D 

Starting ESO around September-November time but that should be after KC:D is finished and published so I’ll discuss that here as I approach that time.

As this is my first trophy guide and roadmap I’m taking an approach with writing it similar to how I tackle trophies on my new account (and when I first discovered trophies) the roadmap will be designed to enjoy the game in a way which you don’t have to worry about the trophies themselves until a cleanup playthrough and will always include a viable way of earning a trophy which doesn’t involve glitching or exploits, however I’ll include them as alternatives (and I personally always go for a trophy legitimately such as MWR MHC/Vet campaign or BF1’s DLC). However the approach I take to trophies is an interesting one as I’m a 100% completioninst account wise but trophies aren’t my main priority if that makes sense (but I don’t have a backlogue - not that kind of trophy hunter).

So in short - and sorry for the miniature rant, I’m gonna make the roadmap tailored for maximum game enjoyment whilst having all trophies within reach. Hopefully this means people enjoy the games I write guides for and can get that sense of accomplishment without being dragged down by trophies, not your usual approach to a guide but it’s a new approach I’ve readopted to trophy hunting (like back when I first discovered trophies and first started) so hopefully it gives them personality!

Nice work, good luck with the guides.

On 7/15/2018 at 7:51 AM, Frosty said:

Does anyone want to help me out with a Celeste (PS4) Trophy Guide? I've had it in the backburner for a LONG time and need some motivation, and some help with timestamps, other collectable type trophies, and any changes from someone more skilled then me :P

I can help with layout and formatting, but don't know anything about the game, so can't help with writing descriptions.

• Like 1

I'm writing a guide for Rainbow Moon, an indie-RPG.  It's more of a trophy guide, but I am also keeping an Excel spreadsheet catalog of all the items and game loot.  It took me a long time to earn the platinum, but I did recently.  There was an awesome Wikispaces guide for the game, but at the end of this month, Wikispaces is going offline for good, and the guide will go with it ?.  

So, I'm doing my part for the community.  ?

• Like 2

I’m not gonna be writing it for a while however I shall be doing a new and updated terraria guide which details how to earn all trophies legitimately as I’ve done it before and it’s a very rewarding process which is often made harder by the lack of information out there so I’ll put together a comprehensive guide to remedy this issue. 

Hopefully then more people will want to give Terraria a proper go as it’s a very fun and rewarding game to get finished!

Whew... guide writing is tough.  ?

Might be writing it wrong -- who knows? -- but I just finished the second portion of the main quest.  That's how I'm using the stages, and then I'll write stages for each part of the post-game.  (That's how Rainbow Moon works anyway.)  I'm also working on a separate guide to track game items, loots, and some key items for the 100% completionists out there.  Cut to me gritting my teeth hoping for a rare drop.  ?  

Anyway, so, what makes a good guide in y'all's opinions?

32 minutes ago, DoctorGameGeek said:

Whew... guide writing is tough.  1f605.png

Might be writing it wrong -- who knows? -- but I just finished the second portion of the main quest.  That's how I'm using the stages, and then I'll write stages for each part of the post-game.  (That's how Rainbow Moon works anyway.)  I'm also working on a separate guide to track game items, loots, and some key items for the 100% completionists out there.  Cut to me gritting my teeth hoping for a rare drop.  1f601.png  

Anyway, so, what makes a good guide in y'all's opinions?

I think clarity is key. I shouldn't have to ask a bunch of questions or look at different guides or different videos to earn a trophy. I've used guides on this site where I had to look at other guides to figure out what to do and to be honest, I shouldn't have to. I should be able to earn every trophy just by using your guide only.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I think clarity is key. I shouldn't have to ask a bunch of questions or look at different guides or different videos to earn a trophy. I've used guides on this site where I had to look at other guides to figure out what to do and to be honest, I shouldn't have to. I should be able to earn every trophy just by using your guide only.

@DoctorGameGeek this. I also hate it when a guide doesn’t offer a good strategy to earn a trophy legitimately just because an exploit is available to use.

If a trophy is hard to earn you can always mention that it’s the easiest way to earn said trophies and how to use said exploit but you should also offer guidance on how that trophy can be earned legitimately at the same time :D 

• Like 1