Have they just shut down the servers 9 days early?

willmill97

Hey guys I think its back! Hurry up lets get er done! Download the ps3 system update and lets get to work. I was playing the campaign when I got an onscreen notification that the online service has been restored.

thank you kind sir... bulletstorm  servers back up :yay:  just checked.

thank you kind sir... bulletstorm  servers back up :yay:  just checked.

Hey guys I think its back! Hurry up lets get er done! Download the ps3 system update and lets get to work. I was playing the campaign when I got an onscreen notification that the online service has been restored.

Just checked myself, it is back up! Time to get to work!

5lebAYX.jpg

My 2nd chat with an EA supervisor, what a waste of time. 

This game is 3 years old, you've had plenty of time to get your trophies so stop crying.

Under no circumstances are publishers obligated to announce the closure of game servers, consider it a courtesy when they do

• Like 1

Wow, I'm stunned. It seems that all the other gamespy games like Borderlands, that closed on Saturday re-opened today. Now we know EA had nothing to do with anything. While I must thank Gamespy for turning the servers back on, they still frightened the living shit out of me. 

I would be hammering Bulletstorm right now, but there's a system update and my internet sucks balls.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

The publishers are under EVERY OBLIGATION to not close down the servers as long as I pay the freaking online fee (which doesn't exist on PC). Yeah, you could say you weren't required to pay for PSN on PS3, but you had to on X360, where the servers closed down left and right just as well.

Unfortunately, they really aren't. Bulletstorm went down because of gamespy...something sony had no control over. I dont see servers as closing "left and right" over on xbox...in fact a number of games no longrr playable over psn are still fully functional there. Ex Bulletstorm is still fully playable over xbox live and gfwl. It just the reality of online gaming. In a perfect world these would stay up indefinitly...buy its not practicle.

• 1 year later...

So, with the upcoming current-gen release, will servers possibly come back? 

No, the servers for the PlayStation 3 were run by GameSpy a company now out of commission so they would not be returning, only way to play this on a PlayStation platform would be to buy the new rerelease on PS4 when it arrives.

No, the servers for the PlayStation 3 were run by GameSpy a company now out of commission so they would not be returning, only way to play this on a PlayStation platform would be to buy the new rerelease on PS4 when it arrives.

I'm saying is, since it's being rereleased, another company would take over servers, if they did do multiplayer again, and it could lead to the PS3 servers coming back. It's a small hope. :(

Edited by ArmoredSquirreXD