Favorite Comedian?

HeyItsSpanky

In terms of stand up, I've enjoyed Louie CK and Daniel Tosh more and more lately. A few honorable mentions are Dane Cook, Bill Burr, Russell Peters, etc.

In terms of... other stuff, definitely Jim Norton. I don't really care for his stand up or the little bits he does on some late night shows, but I absolutely love him on the Opie and Anthony show. F'in hilarious.

I died a little inside when I saw this thread got this far down without a single mention of RICHARD PRYOR!!!!!

my favorite, Richard Pryor.

Richard Pryor.

Just because he isn't my favorite, don't by any means think he is forgotten or unknown by many. Another classic comedian indeed!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just because he isn't my favorite, don't by any means think he is forgotten or unknown by many. Another classic comedian indeed!

That's your 250th like...congrats.

The question was favorite...not who you liked. Carlin and Pryor are modern classics, but I didn't see any Lenny Bruce, Bill Cosby, George Burns, Abbott & Costello, Laurel & Hardy, Bob Hope, Bob Newhart or Groucho Marx either...;)

That's your 250th like...congrats.

The question was favorite...not who you liked. Carlin and Pryor are modern classics, but I didn't see any Lenny Bruce, Bill Cosby, George Burns, Abbott & Costello, Laurel & Hardy, Bob Hope, Bob Newhart or Groucho Marx either... ;)

You forgot The Three Stooges! :o Slapstick rules :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53xJOMgRyPA

In terms of stand up comedian for me it will always be Richard Pryor, without Richard Pryor we wouldnt have had Eddie Murphy (For you young uns thinking "What the hell?" check out Eddie's Raw.), Chris Rock and many others.

Bill Hicks was also a genius. I dont think we will ever have another Comedian quite like those two.

In a completely different vein of comedy, I used to quite like Lee Evans but, he's basically repeated the same 2 show's for the last 20 years and in my opinion has lost his touch. Peter Kay however, has me in stitches.

I like comedy in general though and will watch anything from The 3 Stooges to Monty Python, Laurel and Hardy to the 2 Ronnies, so on and so on. Good Comedy lasts a lifetime, whatever its subject matter may be.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...