CODs Future on PS4

Paperclip1776

I thoroughly enjoy COD games, as I really like the shooting shit up and getting "Michael Bay Explosions" all the time. That is a good time for me plus its a good game to play with friends against. The game sells millions worldwide every year so to say it is recycled garbage is a bit much considering they ( pick your COD developer ) laugh at comments like this all the way to bank. Also the controls is COD are so tight and fluid you have to revert to old adage ," if it is not broke then dont fix it". So they pump out some new storylines, variations in gameplay and new modes. And this is terrible because? 

Alot of people will say that the developers associated with this franchise are," Only in for the money". Yes this is true and it is also true for EVERY FACET OF BUSINESS. Unless you are a non-profit the first rule of business is to MAKE MONEY and ESTABLISH CONSTANT CASH FLOW. All the hate for this series stems from nothing more than personal opinion and not understanding how a business works. As was mentioned above, COD developers found a marketing niche that worked for them and they perfected it so much that other developers are modeling after them. This is going to become a constant in the gaming world. Such hypocrisy is driven by hate for no reason. Of course pack mentality starts to take over with biased opinions, thus is life in society.

The only thing to hate about COD is dealing with rude little kids who are microphone warriors. Otherwise excellent gamplay, stellar graphics and good times with friends! 

• Like 3

I played MW2 and found it to be an average shooter. It wasn't bad but it really didn't do anything that made me go "WOW, I need to keep playing this". I know the game is supposed to excel in the multiplayer but that is not really my thing, so to me COD is just not worth it.

I thoroughly enjoy COD games, as I really like the shooting shit up and getting "Michael Bay Explosions" all the time. That is a good time for me plus its a good game to play with friends against. The game sells millions worldwide every year so to say it is recycled garbage is a bit much considering they ( pick your COD developer ) laugh at comments like this all the way to bank. Also the controls is COD are so tight and fluid you have to revert to old adage ," if it is not broke then dont fix it". So they pump out some new storylines, variations in gameplay and new modes. And this is terrible because? 

Alot of people will say that the developers associated with this franchise are," Only in for the money". Yes this is true and it is also true for EVERY FACET OF BUSINESS. Unless you are a non-profit the first rule of business is to MAKE MONEY and ESTABLISH CONSTANT CASH FLOW. All the hate for this series stems from nothing more than personal opinion and not understanding how a business works. As was mentioned above, COD developers found a marketing niche that worked for them and they perfected it so much that other developers are modeling after them. This is going to become a constant in the gaming world. Such hypocrisy is driven by hate for no reason. Of course pack mentality starts to take over with biased opinions, thus is life in society.

The only thing to hate about COD is dealing with rude little kids who are microphone warriors. Otherwise excellent gamplay, stellar graphics and good times with friends! 

Well put.

I may not be the fan of COD as some others are but I still enjoy them. I have liked each sp story I have played with BO's 1 probably being my fav. I am just now getting into the coop modes with some friends and it seems to me it is going to be fun.

Even though i'm not good at the mp i still enjoy to jump in and play a few matches of TDM. Not really tried any other mode.

• Like 2

Okay, here is my argument why the COD hate is invalid: 

First off, you don't change FIFA, you don't change NBA, and no, you don't change one of the biggest competitive games, COD, or your hardcore fans (the ones that matter) won't play it. So that pretty much explains why the online has the same formula. If you're a hardcore COD player, you WILL notice minor changes, proof? If COD was the same all the time, then how come I love MW2's MP yet HATE HATE HATE MW3's? 

And then there's the campaign, it's fun, 1000000x better than Battlefield's and overall, COD is much more polished.

I'm not saying you don't get to have an opinion and hate COD, but people are so pathetic when it comes to hating this franchise, you all come off as 12 year olds dissing on COD and going to its videos just to dislike, it's disgusting. 

There, I just let go of 4 years of frustration, thanks for this thread lol. 

• Like 4

I don't buy CODs, because they are not really what I look for in games anymore. I used to play them, but stopped with MW2 I believe. CODs main thing is the multiplayer, and I'm not big on competitive multiplayer games anymore.   

However, I don't blame Activision for just pumping them out over and over again. Yeah, we say it sucks, but it still sells very well. I'd do that if I was the CEO of Activision. 

It is however, starting to decline from what I notice...from breaking records to selling very well though. 

Edited by TheeCakee
  • Like 1

I don't hate CoD. I enjoyed MW and MW2. WaW not so much, and I stopped purchasing after Blops 1.

There are 2 main reasons I stopped buying them. Firstly, whilst the MP was fun, I just couldn't get into it on Blops. I did not like the new ways of unlocking items by levelling up and then having to buy them with in-game money. I found it frustrating to keep going "Yay - I've levelled up! Oh, but I still can't afford the gun I wanted - booo!". 

Secondly, I think they stopped innovating at around the same time. Nothing in Blops particularly grabbed me. It was competently put together, with all the usual CoD nonsense that one usually enjoys, but I felt like it was all "been here, done this".

In terms of industry importance, I agree that they are probably very important games. Some would say that last-gen was all about trying to catch up to CoD, with about 4-5 non-CoD "modern warfare" shooters released per year after MW1. I hope that everyone has realised that they can't sell a game just because it's a CoD clone, and that this generation will see a little more variety from its FPS games.

On a side note - does anyone else not think it's stupid that MW1 and MW2 both ended with a sequence where you get shot and can't do anything, especially given that you probably soaked up 100+ bullets on your way to that point in the game? 

I see lots of people complaining about copy/paste or it's the same game every year. Guess what? It's called a franchise!

To me that's not really an argument because every game in a specific genre is mostly, basicly the same game.

The same goes for movies and books.

People who love to play a specific franchise also maybe keep buying it, because they want to keep their collection complete.

Edited by HellcoreFire
  • Like 1

When COD goes back to WW2 I will happily spend full retail on it. W@W was among the top COD games ever made, including grenade spamming, and the veteran difficulty felt like a real accomplishment to complete the whole was through. we will see what Treyarch has instore next year. COD: Recycled Warfare doesnt really speak to me. "hey everyone, you liked Titanfall? lets make a similar game!"

last COD game i ever played was World at War on the ps2 back in 2009, i used to be a world war games junkie. time have passed ever since and i grow tired of FPS all together not just COD's, especially in the 7th gen ~ last gen consoles where FPS released a day after day like if it's raining FPS games.

yeah i did played killzone 2 and 3, Resistance 2 and 3 and some other FPS games, bad company 2 Single Player is the last FPS i played so far, i enjoy 3rd person games way much more than FPS and even at that only for the single player mode the most, i'm not a big fan of online games, and COD these days tacked heavily on multiplayer mode which is the selling point of COD games these days.

i think FPS these days is better to be implemented on Horror games, modern war and WW cover-n-shoot is starting to get so old driving players off.  

I don't get people when they say CoD doesn't change. It does to some extent at the very least *although the core mechanics do need some changing around at this point tbh* but the question is are those changes good or bad? for me, the games have been going downwards in terms of quality since MW1, I absolutely hated MW2 and didn't like BO all that much, MW3 is one of the worst experiences i'v had, BO2 was okay and Ghosts I didn't play and don't intend to in all honesty.

I don't understand what the title has to do with the discussion itself but whatever, I don't hate CoD, I spent well over 200 hours on CoD4, the only one I really liked, I did finish WaW and MW2 but they were meh for me, I think CoD is good when you play with friends, that's what I did, never played in a lobby with unknown people.

But it really annoys me that they copy/paste the same endings and get away with it, don't believe me, here:

every-cod-is-identical.jpg

That's why I don't like it, there are no original ideias "Hey how are we gonna end this one?", "Just copy the ending of the last one, kids only buy this for mp anyway". To me that is disrespectfull, but then again Ubisoft does the same shit with Assassin's Creed and it really is starting to bother me, and yet I'll probably buy it at the end of the year...

• Like 2

I feel like its just such a drained franchise. I used to thoroughly enjoy the games but after the most recent installment, i feel as though i could go on without it now. i enjoyed playing through the campaigns and such but the multiplayer has just felt so old to me that its not fun anymore. Ever since MW2 my enjoyment of the games has just diminished.

hater gonna hate ,this is the Internet! There’s plenty of hate to go around!, for me the games are going well and selling well ,the quality and fanbase service it amazing and i enjoy the games it a well soild fps games from world world 2 to futuristic warfare they have done it well with it rock driven single player games like no other and a multiplayer component addictive and fun and very competitive .i feel in love with fps games while playing cod 1 and 2, and medal of honor  in a cafe as a kid the series have growing well and people keep supporting as well as me  

I don't understand what the title has to do with the discussion itself but whatever, I don't hate CoD, I spent well over 200 hours on CoD4, the only one I really liked, I did finish WaW and MW2 but they were meh for me, I think CoD is good when you play with friends, that's what I did, never played in a lobby with unknown people.

But it really annoys me that they copy/paste the same endings and get away with it, don't believe me, here:

every-cod-is-identical.jpg

That's why I don't like it, there are no original ideias "Hey how are we gonna end this one?", "Just copy the ending of the last one, kids only buy this for mp anyway". To me that is disrespectfull, but then again Ubisoft does the same shit with Assassin's Creed and it really is starting to bother me, and yet I'll probably buy it at the end of the year...

reminded me of mario series where it always end with mario and princess peach and the tea party.

I just recently bought Call of Duty ghosts, and I have to say it had an AMAZING single player and I was really impressed. Excluding FPS open world game like Fallout and Farcry, CoD Ghosts is the second best linear campaign I have played. First being Killzone 3 but It is tough to top that one, MP is good but I hate the people that play it, why do so many people use THERMAL? anyways I think COD is good but I do not think that we need one every year, thats why I usually only get the treyarch ones.

reminded me of mario series where it always end with mario and princess peach and the tea party.

Mario is very different, it's a kids game, kids just want to have fun they don't care about story or how it ends, CoD on the other hand has an 18+ on the front, and obviously we aren't like 8 year olds and accept the same game over and over, we expect some different and alluring, but if you want to put nintendo on the table just name everyone of their franchises lol (also Mario doesn't always get a tea party, sometimes not even cake, not like he cares about any of that stuff, we all know what Mario wants :if you know what I mean:)

• Like 1

Mario is very different, it's a kids game, kids just want to have fun they don't care about story or how it ends, CoD on the other hand has an 18+ on the front, and obviously we aren't like 8 year olds and accept the same game over and over, we expect some different and alluring, but if you want to put nintendo on the table just name everyone of their franchises lol (also Mario doesn't always get a tea party, sometimes not even cake, not like he cares about any of that stuff, we all know what Mario wants :if you know what I mean:)

a kiss on the nose is enough to turn him on  :lol:

a kiss on the nose is enough to turn him on  :lol:

That's all he can get with the current rating, with a M rating however it'll be hot and heavy back in the castle ....too bad Luigi would still be left out as always

• Like 1

That's all he can get with the current rating, with a M rating however it'll be hot and heavy back in the castle ....too bad Luigi would still be left out as always

isn't daisy have a love interest toward Luigi?

even though when Luigi reach the castle it's still and always there will be peach waiting, whether he likes it or not  :lol:

and probably peach will said in her mind " where's Mario? don't tell me he went missing again "

My only experience of CoD is having it shoved down my throat by my mates, which then led to me getting blown up for a few hours before I was finally allowed to put my controller down and move on to something fun. 

I have never really been into FPS shooters. I like the futuristic ones but only for the story/single player. I suck so bad I just cannot find MP fun. 

I've read previews of the new CoD Advanced Warfare coming, however, and it has caught my attention. It'd probably be a purchase too but I think Destiny will be all the FPShootery goodness I need in life.